Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > North Jersey

Notices

Old 10-29-2008, 12:28 PM   #51
Anti_Rice_Guy
The Mayor / 2009 Member of the Year / Moderator

Social Networks:

I heard we made it on national news. Yeah my power MIGHT be back by tomorrow evening they're saying. Thank god for generators. We got phone back this morning. Schooley's Mountain is still closed, as are many other roads. I forgot my camera at home, so in teh next few days I'll post some pics. We got hit much worse than BurnninrubberGT did. I couldn't get within 20 feet of my driveway, and most roads were a slalom course with branches and trees and wires down.
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
Is English your 2nd language? Did you graduate high school? Your posts make my head hurt.
Team FARM
Anti_Rice_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:05 PM   #52
BurninrubberGT

dammm that sucks
BurninrubberGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:00 PM   #53
enRo
13 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti_Rice_Guy View Post
We got hit much worse than BurnninrubberGT did. I couldn't get within 20 feet of my driveway, and most roads were a slalom course with branches and trees and wires down.
Until I see pics, the first section of poets peak is declared the biggest mess.. On the stretch by his house, every tree looks like peeled bananas, where literally all of them are just split in half. Hurricane Floyd wasnt even this bad.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:22 PM   #54
lastcall190

Problem with the storm this early, is that when we normally get the snow and other miscellaneous ****, the leaves area already off the trees. Now they are just getting weighed down and creating havoc all over. I know a few coworkers from Hopatcong still don't have power tonight, and it isn't thought they'll get it back until tomorrow.

-J
Old 10-29-2008, 08:27 PM   #55
79CamaroDiva
Queen of Destruction / NJFBOA Supporting Sponsor / Moderator / 12 Second Club / 2006 Member of the Year / PITA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyKane View Post
Until I see pics, the first section of poets peak is declared the biggest mess.. On the stretch by his house, every tree looks like peeled bananas, where literally all of them are just split in half. Hurricane Floyd wasnt even this bad.
Independence twp got hit real hard. You physically couldn't get from hackettstown to independence yesterday, nor could you get from h-town to budd lake. All the back roads had trees down, even still today, and 46 EB was closed completely. I tried to have my dad come up with a can of fix-a-flat for me, he couldn't go anywhere. My grandmas house and the dragstrip just got power back around 7pm tonight.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:07 PM   #56
enRo
13 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
Independence twp got hit real hard. You physically couldn't get from hackettstown to independence yesterday, nor could you get from h-town to budd lake. All the back roads had trees down, even still today, and 46 EB was closed completely. I tried to have my dad come up with a can of fix-a-flat for me, he couldn't go anywhere. My grandmas house and the dragstrip just got power back around 7pm tonight.
Yea i heard about Htown on the radio today. If it is where I think the closure was, it mustve been a mess We couldnt dump our garbage trucks yesterday (behind the ITC walmart at the Mt Olive Transfer) because RT 46 by my house, which is right by Mine Hill, did not move for 45 minutes.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:10 PM   #57
79CamaroDiva
Queen of Destruction / NJFBOA Supporting Sponsor / Moderator / 12 Second Club / 2006 Member of the Year / PITA

Quote:
Yea i heard about Htown on the radio today. If it is where I think the closure was, it mustve been a mess We couldnt dump our garbage trucks yesterday (behind the ITC walmart at the Mt Olive Transfer) because RT 46 by my house, which is right by Mine Hill, did not move for 45 minutes.
ya, 46 EB was closed right around johnson dodge. My dad tried coming up the hill and all htey did was turn everyone around at the Uturns. On the way home around 2pm, 206 N through flanders was completely stopped, i ended up taking one of the back roads by micky d's home. just a disaster. and seems like only eastern warren and western morris got hit bad. everywhere else it barely snowed.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:57 PM   #58
enRo
13 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
ya, 46 EB was closed right around johnson dodge. My dad tried coming up the hill and all htey did was turn everyone around at the Uturns. On the way home around 2pm, 206 N through flanders was completely stopped, i ended up taking one of the back roads by micky d's home. just a disaster. and seems like only eastern warren and western morris got hit bad. everywhere else it barely snowed.
Thats cuz we are mostly in the higher elevations
Old 10-30-2008, 01:37 PM   #59
Anti_Rice_Guy
The Mayor / 2009 Member of the Year / Moderator

Social Networks:

Quote:

O ye of little faith, Noah.

http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthr...074#post505074 for mas picturas
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
Is English your 2nd language? Did you graduate high school? Your posts make my head hurt.
Team FARM
Anti_Rice_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > North Jersey