Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Electrical and Wiring

Notices

Old 05-07-2006, 12:42 PM   #1
ins0mnia24

AeroForce Interceptor ob2 scan gauge

Hey guys i'm doing my Cam, tranny cooler and Torque converter in my car in about 3 week's
And i wanted to add a tranny temp gauge on a pillar pod along with the other stuff and i was checking out this
Aeroforce Interceptor OB2 scan gauge And it is supposed to display the following function's
-RPM
-MPH
-Intake Air Temperature
-Mass Air Flow Sensor Frequency
-Mass Air Flow Sensor (lb/min.)
-Engine Coolant Temperature
-Injector Pulse Width (bank 1 and 2 if supported)
-Long Term Fuel Trim (bank 1 and 2 if supported)
-Short Term Fuel Trim (bank 1 and 2 if supported)
-O2 Sensor Voltage (bank 1 and 2 if supported)
-Manifold Pressure in PSI (Boost pressure for factory turbo/supercharger applications)
-Ignition Advance
-Knock Retard
-Engine Run Time
-Battery Voltage
-Transmission Temperature
-Idle air Control Counts
-Throttle Position Percentage
-Throttle Position Voltage
-Engine Load
-Oil pressure (some 8 cylinder engines)
Though i only want it for a tranny temp gauge i like the fact that it has a built in dtc scanner and code clearer built in
But i know it says not all functions work on all car's
Do any of you guys have one or know somebody that has one on a 98-02 LS-1?? I'd like to know if the tranny temp function will definitely be visible on my car and the added dtc tool could come in handy also.
QTP Headers, Mufflex Stainless Y-pipe, Pypes Performance Exhaust, Moser 12-bolt w/ 33 spline axles,Truetrac & 3:73's., Spohn.
Cartek Tuned...
ins0mnia24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 12:51 PM   #2
V
Stalker

im gonna go out on a limb and say it will not display your tranny temp. Since i assume the scan gauge thing works through the ecm connection, it will only be able to display info the ecm can see. and i may be wrong, but i dont think GM f body transmissions have a temp sensor to begin with, and therefore the ecm would never even see a tranny temp signal. to do a tranny temp gauge im pretty sure you need to install a temp sending unit.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 03:34 PM   #3
ins0mnia24

Yeah you may be right thats why i was asking
I'm sure Foff would know because i don't know if it is visible on hp software or not.
I just don't feel like doing a 1/2" to 1/8" reducer with an Auto Meter replacement 250° F electric temperature sender through the tranny drain plug.
QTP Headers, Mufflex Stainless Y-pipe, Pypes Performance Exhaust, Moser 12-bolt w/ 33 spline axles,Truetrac & 3:73's., Spohn.
Cartek Tuned...
ins0mnia24 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Electrical and Wiring