Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > NJFBOA Forums > Club and Website Support

Notices

Old 07-09-2012, 11:06 AM   #76
Slow-V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillyT View Post
Jeff,

Sounds good, but it also sounds like those clubs have members who spend money. And I mean real money, not their allowance. Sponsors only like being sponsors if it's a two-way street.
We hosted 2 car shows a year, 1 at the dealership and the other @ a neutral location.. We had the dealerships name on the flyers and t-shirts that were made up and on the plaques for the trophys. We also did 2 drag days 1 @ the drag strip and 1 @ the autocross. The cars brought in alot of people @ the dealership. After the meetings we would go eat some lunch and go to a local car hangout.

As far as spending money I paid 25.00 a year and I think I paid 25.00 for the track rental @ the drag strip and just watched the autocross.. We had about 25 cars each paying 25.00 and the dealership/club picked up the rest of the bill for the track days.. For our spring BBQ the club payed for the location rental ( if needed) and they picked up the meats, buns, and charcoal.. Everyone else just brought a side or drinks.

The car shows we charged 10.00 for cars and did a 50/50 raffels, and door prizes and what not. We usually had around 50-75 cars for the shows and it was only F-bodies. All the money we made @ the shows went to the club..

We also did parades for christmas and Vet day and the dealer ship had a banner made up for the lead T/A that read Tidewater trans am club sponsored by Performance GMC/Buick.. These were televised parades in Va Beach oceanfront and its great advertising for the dealership that is probably alot cheaper then a commercial..
1998 Corvette Convertible, Vararam Intake+Power Duct, Fast 90/90, Ti Axleback..12.8@110
2003 Cobra Convertible 10th Anniversary
http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6
Local car cruise schedule..
http://www.cliffscalendar.com/

Last edited by Slow-V6; 07-09-2012 at 11:10 AM.
Slow-V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:10 AM   #77
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

We barely have 50-75 people posting.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:21 AM   #78
Slow-V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
We barely have 50-75 people posting.
I am not saying we should do this just comparing this club with other clubs I am in.

I pay 75.00 a year for the 3 car clubs I am in and 1 club is located in Virginia Beach area and I attend 1 meeting a year. Alot of the members in the Tidewater trans am club do travel to carlisle for events, and do make weekend runs to A/C and Philly so we are still involved in club events.. We had maybe 50 members in the virginia club as its a military town and people are only there for 2 years or so before they transfer..

The SNJ pontiac club has like 150 members and always gets about 50 people @ there monthly meeting. Most are older guys but its still a good time with lots of talk of cars and upcoming car hangouts/cruises/track days/ect..

The Corvette club I am in is split into 3 sections.. NNJ,CNJ,and SNJ. The SNJ sec meets @ adelphias in Depford. They did this to make it easier for everyone to attend.. There club events involve all members but they do region events as well..
1998 Corvette Convertible, Vararam Intake+Power Duct, Fast 90/90, Ti Axleback..12.8@110
2003 Cobra Convertible 10th Anniversary
http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6
Local car cruise schedule..
http://www.cliffscalendar.com/
Slow-V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:23 AM   #79
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow-V6 View Post
As far as spending money I paid 25.00 a year and I think I paid 25.00 for the track rental @ the drag strip and just watched the autocross.. We had about 25 cars each paying 25.00 and the dealership/club picked up the rest of the bill for the track days.. For our spring BBQ the club payed for the location rental ( if needed) and they picked up the meats, buns, and charcoal.. Everyone else just brought a side or drinks.
Sounds kind of like the nats on one hand, and Duke Island on the other. Duke usually costs the club $75 for a permit and then everybody brings BBQ stuff.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:39 AM   #80
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

Paying dues could lead to club being "official" enough to issue fancy paper work to say my car is a limited edition type deal for collector registration?
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:50 AM   #81
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Paying dues could lead to club being "official" enough to issue fancy paper work to say my car is a limited edition type deal for collector registration?
I took that issue way farther than I should have down in Trenton.

That line is a lie. The MVC issues no such designation and does not allow clubs anything of the sort. I have it in writing.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:53 AM   #82
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

Oh darn.

Well, I'm not paying any dues now.

LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:22 PM   #83
shadowfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Solved easily by at meets the powers to be having everyone get together at meets and introduce themselves, real name with screen name. At least then you can put a face to a name and perhaps make FRIENDS.
i sort of tried to do that when i put the pics of members with the pics of thier car and their real name ... it kinds work at least for me now i know a few more ppls names.. so i dont feel like a a!@h&*le when i say hey i like you car what is your name??

like i have a name thank you lol...
Old 07-13-2012, 07:47 AM   #84
greenformula92

For me I look at the club meets if I feel they are to far away for me to take the ride then I just won't go. The meets move all over and I think it's somewhat fair. I am in sort of a wierd spot geographically as I am not sure If I would be considered South or East Central, either way if the meet is to far than don't go. This months meet is a perfect oppurtunity to just hang out for a while and put some faces with the cars. Isn't that the point of the meets?...To see who you have been helping or just striking up a conversation to and seeing the car. I realize I do not make it to a lot of meets but sometimes life gets in the way. I am going to the Duke Island meet and then to the Howell show and Duke is a ride for me. But it's worth it. To just hang out and see how projects are coming along and having a good time. Thats my

Now lets

2018 Silverado 1500
greenformula92 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > NJFBOA Forums > Club and Website Support