Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning

Notices

Old 11-24-2004, 12:01 PM   #1
V
Stalker

how much psi can a 3.4 take....?

how much boost do you think a stock internals 3.4 v6 can take, life expectancy of the engine doesnt matter. i have a 94 firebird i bought as a parts car, however now i'm thinking to rebuild it and drive it a little, but the stock v6 will not do for me, so... i was thinking about a twin turbo setup. yea, i know you may say its a waste of money, but i'd be welding all the pipes and all exhaust myself I'd use stock turbos from say an eclipse or so, I'd also fabrocate a sheet metal intake manifold for it and try to utilize dual throttle bodies(only having one electronically connected) It would also have custom exhaust manifolds to allow better flow. I'd also upgrade the injectors some. I dont care if i blow up the engine so i figure i'll just boost whatever i can, lol i just think itl be an interesting project, something not too common.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 12:44 PM   #2
GrandmasterCow
12 Second Club

i think it's around 6psi. not much, but the 3.4 engine response quite well from what i heard from people over at camarov6.com, to boost and such.
1999 Trans Am WS6
2000 Trans Am WS6
GrandmasterCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 01:56 PM   #3
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

Re: how much psi can a 3.4 take....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokingSS
how much boost do you think a stock internals 3.4 v6 can take, life expectancy of the engine doesnt matter. Â*i have a 94 firebird i bought as a parts car, however now i'm thinking to rebuild it and drive it a little, but the stock v6 will not do for me, so... i was thinking about a twin turbo setup. Â*yea, i know you may say its a waste of money, but i'd be welding all the pipes and all exhaust myself I'd use stock turbos from say an eclipse or so, Â*I'd also fabrocate a sheet metal intake manifold for it and try to utilize dual throttle bodies(only having one electronically connected) It would also have custom exhaust manifolds to allow better flow. Â*I'd also upgrade the injectors some. Â*I dont care if i blow up the engine so i figure i'll just boost whatever i can, lol Â*i just think itl be an interesting project, something not too common.
If you can weld the headers and stuff yourself, Im sure that would save an assload of money on your part. But getting it to run properly could be the problem. Id say go for it, You have nothing to loose.
Old 11-24-2004, 02:52 PM   #4
Squirrel
13 Second Club

you can pick up 14b's pretty cheap too
93 TA, Bone stock, 13.8 @ 100 "Beating ****** drivers in ****** LS1's"
https://www.facebook.com/groups/285090241699967/
R.I.P. Tia
Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 02:53 PM   #5
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

you may wanna take atrip over to www.camarov6.com
there are a few guys over there that have added turbos' to their cars with great results.
big problem is gonna be programming it to run right. not a lot available for those computers and an FMU will only help you so much.

later
tim

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning