Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > NJFBOA Forums > Club and Website Support

Notices

Old 05-31-2005, 12:36 PM   #1
skorpion317

An Idea for Tim/Justin

I was thinking about this at work. I think this would help streamline things quite a bit, especially when it comes to planning events and whatnot.

Why not have regional "chapters" or something similar, with each chapter having two or three representatives who would plan monthly meets, and help out when it comes to huge events like the Nats. They could also mobilize a flyer task-force etc. etc. there could be a whole bunch of things to do.

what do you guys think? to pick the reps, have each region vote on the three members they want to represent them, with Tim and Justin having final say?
skorpion317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 01:34 PM   #2
j0n

this is actually a very good idea...i would just recommend adding some "checks and balances" to keep everyone fair and honost
Old 05-31-2005, 08:53 PM   #3
Untamed

Just to play Devil's advocate, let me ask the simple question of "why"?

Why do we need local chapters?

What is driving the need for them?

What is currently broken or cumbersome requiring the need for additional or special "representatives" to organize events at the local level?

I'm neither for nor against them, just curious to know where this came from and why.
I USED TO HAVE an 85 Camaro 305 4bbl, 90 Firebird V6, 97 Firebird V6 (10 speakers!). Despite the two family vehicles, 3 kids, wife and mortgage, I can finally realize the dream - 88 TA almost all stock... for now.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/untameddave

Wanted this - , but ended up with this - for free. Can't argue with free.
Untamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 09:35 PM   #4
skorpion317

well, i notice there's always some confusion when it comes to planning monthly meets...it might take a lil while before someone steps up and does something, and even then, those plans might fall through (remember the first-ever North meet? it wasn't even in North Jersey!) with a decision-making body in place, event planning can operate much smoother and more efficiently.

the reps can also serve as the emissaries of the club's leadership, relaying important news, announcements, etc. to the various members of each region. I know not everyone checks in here when there's an announcement made. Most people just check their respective region's forum. Also, not everyone checks the boards at all times, so a rep would be able to get in contact with other members from their region via other means of communication to let them know what's up.

there's plenty more things that the reps can be used for. basically, their purpose is further unite the members of the club, and make Tim and Justin's jobs easier.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:01 AM   #5
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorpion317
well, i notice there's always some confusion when it comes to planning monthly meets...it might take a lil while before someone steps up and does something, and even then, those plans might fall through (remember the first-ever North meet? it wasn't even in North Jersey!) with a decision-making body in place, event planning can operate much smoother and more efficiently.

the reps can also serve as the emissaries of the club's leadership, relaying important news, announcements, etc. to the various members of each region. I know not everyone checks in here when there's an announcement made. Most people just check their respective region's forum. Also, not everyone checks the boards at all times, so a rep would be able to get in contact with other members from their region via other means of communication to let them know what's up.

there's plenty more things that the reps can be used for. basically, their purpose is further unite the members of the club, and make Tim and Justin's jobs easier.
south jersey meets seem to never get off the ground for whatever reason...central has tim/justin to organize whatever & north jersey has a bunch of guys that have stepped up constantly & who are always on here adding to the site...it just seems natural to have a couple of people from at least the north/south regions that are willing to set up things consistantly...but you also have to have people that are willing to do so...if no one in south jersey wants to step up into that roll(which no one has IMO as of yet) then whats to say they will now after a year of the site being up? And also there is the POSSIBILITY to cause a rift in regions if certain people get power eh i dunno...guess thats why i dont make the decisions around here hehe.
foff667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 01:04 PM   #6
skorpion317

like i said, the reps would be democratically elected by the members of their region, with Tim and Justin having the final say. This would pretty much ensure that the right people for the job get elected.
Old 06-01-2005, 02:41 PM   #7
Untamed

Make it a poll on the forums, otherwise people will be too lazy to even vote.

I think the list of volunteers to take on such a responsibility will be small. There arent many perks other than the ability to raise the post count, meet all kinds of people, and give something to do to those who seem to be bored alot. (How can people be that bored? Wish I had more time in the day!)

If someone from each region wants to stand up and say they have the time, energy, and willingness to be a coordinator for their region, I say more power to them.
I USED TO HAVE an 85 Camaro 305 4bbl, 90 Firebird V6, 97 Firebird V6 (10 speakers!). Despite the two family vehicles, 3 kids, wife and mortgage, I can finally realize the dream - 88 TA almost all stock... for now.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/untameddave

Wanted this - , but ended up with this - for free. Can't argue with free.
Untamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 09:17 PM   #8
skorpion317

seems like some positive support for the idea so far.....

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > NJFBOA Forums > Club and Website Support