Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > General Tech

Notices

Old 08-08-2006, 02:04 PM   #1
FBODYFirebird
Banned

Engine Starting Issues Tech Help Assist Needed

About a week ago I had removed my calipers and rotors so I could powder coat and rebuild them (*ask if you want them done).... anyways I went to turn my car over the next morning and it was troublesome to keep on for the first few seconds, if I didn't hold the gas down a bit it would turn off and if I revved it too high it would shut down I had to keep tapping the gas like an old chevy to keep it from stalling out....

I used my scanner to try and find the problem the code came up as P0102 ( MAF OR VAF CIRCUIT LOW INPUT) ..... So I took a gander under the hood at all the fuses and noticed that the Eng Sen 20Amp fuse was blown, so I simply replaced it and tried to start the car instantly the fuse blew and the starting issues didn't change (no effect)....... i've also had about 2 months issue with my exhaust rattling i'm thinking it's the cat but I feel no power loss really i'm not 100% on that.... I have an o2 sensor simulator connected so i dont run codes

i'm not sure if I have a coroded wire (grounded perhaps?) or maybe some part of the maf needs to be replaced.... help would be appreciated... here are my car specs

SPECS:
2000 pontiac Firebird 3.8L V6
Fast toys intake + Ram Air intake and air box
B&B exhaust + random tech cat W/ O2 SENSOR SIMULATOR
FBODYFirebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 08:27 PM   #2
chrisfrom nj

bad comp probably
chrisfrom nj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 08:33 PM   #3
BonzoHansen
Admin.

If the fuse pops right away, I'd start by looking for wiring issues. Short to ground.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > General Tech