Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > North Jersey

Notices

Old 09-04-2004, 12:59 AM   #1
67RS/SSCamaro1849

Track Meet At Island Dragway Great Meadows NJ

My Girl Friends Parents Manage Island Dragway In Great Meadows and it would be cool if mabey we can get everyone from the site to come down to the track on a sunday or something and have a little get together. here is a link to the tracks website.

www.islanddragway.com
if you go to saturday points and click on street you can see were i am in points my name is john eric should be around 4th place was 2nd and i had a bad weekend last week but its a nice peaceful track everyone there is friendly and its a nice atmosphere. post something up pr email me with ideas and dates. Sephiroth1849@aol.com
67RS/SSCamaro1849 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 01:02 AM   #2
j0n

me, njspeeder(tim), foff667(bill), protekyonuts(kelly), silvertransam(pat) were there about a week ago...i think we're already planning another trip there but it would be uber-cool if u could get us a lane or two for just njfboa members
Old 09-04-2004, 07:52 AM   #3
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

all these members in and around the management of island dragway is making me think i need to meet soem people tomorrow when we go up
i actually wanted to talk to them about trying to put soemthing together next season, get an all f-body show back in this state

later
tim

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 09:10 AM   #4
67RS/SSCamaro1849

ill be there today 9/4/04 you can find me by the signs thats say RESERVED JURAY and you will see my fathers 7 second 69 camaro its blue and says juray and son racing it has a big blower and super charger hanging out of the hood lol and of course my red camaro or youll find me in lanes 2 and 3 if you guys come up today stop by lemme know who you are.
Old 09-04-2004, 12:27 PM   #5
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

A bunch of us are actually planning on being there tomorrow for the test & tune. Let us know if you're gonna be around.

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 12:52 PM   #6
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

Ah theirs so many things to do on SUNDAy!?!!?1?! What to do.
Old 09-04-2004, 02:50 PM   #7
79CamaroDiva
Queen of Destruction / NJFBOA Supporting Sponsor / Moderator / 12 Second Club / 2006 Member of the Year / PITA

I'll probably be around Sunday, might be drivin my dragster for the first time but not sure cause I am VERY busy right now with the first week of school and my cousins wedding.

He (67RS/SS) was talkin bout me, but I was trying to leave the managerial family out of it, and just say "I work there," normally makes it easier on me, but he let the cat out of the bag I suppose

I have tried about 3 times to get an f-body event off the ground, can never get more than 20-30 interested and thats not enough, hence the reason I do the Camaro vs. Mustang event in March (hint hint.. its usually right around my birthday) IF i can get a GUARANTEED 70+ cars interested, an f-body event would be possible for next season, however, its very unlikely. Most people say they will come and dont show up. If we can get an event set up I'm sure it would be no problem for me to set aside special lanes for f-bodys as long as I know for sure more than 10-15 will show. Any questions, e-mail me 79CamaroDiva@comcast.net

~Melissa
Old 09-04-2004, 02:52 PM   #8
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

Wed really have to get something like that out in the open, like posting it on every board we are on, just to try and get a large showing of just F-Bodies.
Old 09-04-2004, 03:15 PM   #9
j0n

ya...if we flood the boards at tgo, lt1tech, ls1tech, cz28...im sure we could get good numbers...i mean our gathering of just njfboa on the 25th is gunna see 28 cars min.
Old 09-04-2004, 11:39 PM   #10
67RS/SSCamaro1849

i dont think i will be going up on sunday gotta get my suit dry cleaned for a wedding. but today saturday 11/4/04 i runnered up inmy street class moving me to 3rd in points i broke out in the finals i ran a 11.98 on the breaks but thats racing.
Old 09-05-2004, 12:33 AM   #11
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva
I have tried about 3 times to get an f-body event off the ground, can never get more than 20-30 interested and thats not enough, hence the reason I do the Camaro vs. Mustang event in March (hint hint.. its usually right around my birthday) IF i can get a GUARANTEED 70+ cars interested, an f-body event would be possible for next season, however, its very unlikely. Most people say they will come and dont show up. If we can get an event set up I'm sure it would be no problem for me to set aside special lanes for f-bodys as long as I know for sure more than 10-15 will show. Any questions, e-mail me 79CamaroDiva@comcast.net

~Melissa
i will look for you at the track tomorow to discuss setting something up. i ran a few shows at e-town several years ago, teh east coast f-body nationals, with good success.
with the backing of a statewide club i am sure we can put soemthing together that will draw a crowd.

later
tim

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 07:58 AM   #12
IROCZBeast
13 Second Club

Social Networks:

hey 67 RS this might be a long shot but did u used to live in clifton? and do u have a sister named candice, i went to school with her she was in my sixth grade class then u guys moved. i'm not gonna get into any deeper cause i'm probably wrong but i figured i'd ask. thanx
1996 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 M6 -SOLD-
IROCZBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 11:42 AM   #13
79CamaroDiva
Queen of Destruction / NJFBOA Supporting Sponsor / Moderator / 12 Second Club / 2006 Member of the Year / PITA

Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCZBeast
hey 67 RS this might be a long shot but did u used to live in clifton? and do u have a sister named candice, i went to school with her she was in my sixth grade class then u guys moved. i'm not gonna get into any deeper cause i'm probably wrong but i figured i'd ask. thanx
since he didnt see this yet.. ill answer for ya.... yup, youve got the right guy. They live in lodi now. any more ill let him post.
Old 09-05-2004, 12:14 PM   #14
67RS/SSCamaro1849

Quote:
yeah i used to live there and i have a sis named candice who is this lol? IM me at sephiroth1849@aol.com
Old 09-06-2004, 12:32 PM   #15
IROCZBeast
13 Second Club

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67RS/SSCamaro1849
Quote:
yeah i used to live there and i have a sis named candice who is this lol? IM me at sephiroth1849@aol.com
ok my screen name is xzwhiteghstzx, yea its a long story how i found this out but i will explain it to u next time i see you online rather than everyone on the board reading it.
1996 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 M6 -SOLD-
IROCZBeast is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > North Jersey