Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-27-2004, 09:23 PM   #76
bencar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru2Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bencar
Hopefully, with the collective effort of all, we can really do something worthwhile here

- Justin

Oh, by the way, met one of the guys from the group at E-Town on Sunday, said he might be interested in joining to help with this project.

E-Town was kinda of deserted on Sunday. Seems that for the last few years the attendance on Sunday hasn't been what it used to be.
bencar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 11:59 PM   #77
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Quote:
Oh, by the way, met one of the guys from the group at E-Town on Sunday, said he might be interested in joining to help with this project.
That's great! Are you refering to Harcore Z28? I was talking to Jim, Big Al, and Chuck for a little while on Saturday at the meet about this. I think we can count on this being a serious undertaking for the club this spring. Lets just hope Chuck can pull the right strigs with his friend's wife.

Quote:
E-Town was kinda of deserted on Sunday. Seems that for the last few years the attendance on Sunday hasn't been what it used to be.
I've heard the same thing. I personally slept in Sunday after only getting 3 hours of sleep on Friday night, being at E-town from 8 am to 4 pm, then being at the meet from 6-11ish, then partying at my house afterwards till 2am.

Plus I think that most people assume all the good deals on parts are already taken.

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 12:25 AM   #78
twiztidz28

Quote:
then partying at my house afterwards till 2am.

- Justin
What is this. a party and no one tells me. this is some . next time you let me know there is a party otherwise no party after the nov meet. but there is always time for a party. oh by the way

Chuck

Someone help me fix the rattles in my car Please.
twiztidz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 08:04 AM   #79
HardcoreZ28

Yeah I'm the one that met Ben at E-Town. I'd be interested in helping you guys with the show. Let me know how I can help.

1989 IROC-Z Media Coverage:
Chevy High Performance - Readers Rides 4/03
GM High Tech Performance - Tech Article 3/06
Chevy Rumble - Tech & Feature Articles November 2006
Auto Restorer Magazine - Feature Article 5/11
SkinAndSteel.com
HardcoreZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 10:39 AM   #80
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiztidz28
What is this. a party and no one tells me. this is some . next time you let me know there is a party otherwise no party after the nov meet.
Sorry Chuck.....It was pretty much just the local Ewing crew. I didn't want to scare my neighbors/family (yet ) by rolling up to my house 30 F-bodies deep.

Besides, it was less of a party, and more like a few hours of scaring j0n with inside jokes....he knows way too much about us now :shakes head:

- Justin

[/party]

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 09:53 PM   #81
bencar

Quote:
Quote:
That's great! Are you refering to Harcore Z28? I was talking to Jim, Big Al, and Chuck for a little while on Saturday at the meet about this. I think we can count on this being a serious undertaking for the club this spring. Lets just hope Chuck can pull the right strigs with his friend's wife.

Quote:
I've heard the same thing. I personally slept in Sunday after only getting 3 hours of sleep on Friday night, being at E-town from 8 am to 4 pm, then being at the meet from 6-11ish, then partying at my house afterwards till 2am.

Plus I think that most people assume all the good deals on parts are already taken.

- Justin
In regards to who it was that I saw on Sunday, the answer is yes, it was HardcoreZ28

I also hope that Chuck can get us the in that we need. I really, really, really, really, don't want to see this thing go right into the Crapper. Start PRAYING now!

I suppose a little walking might have tuckered you out, not to mention a wee bit of partying, but, as you now know, you didn't miss much on Sunday. It just seems that for the last several years now, the attendance has been dropping at the Sunday Fall 'Car Show & Swap Meet.' I've heard a lot of my local 'Car Friends' say that they stay away from that event because of the traffic, the dust, screwy enforcement of what they do and don't let in to the Show, and the fact that they don't seem to be able to find much anymore in the 'Swap Meet.' A lot of the big Vendors aren't making the trek these days out to E-Town, not with ever increasing gasoline prices, and the ability to do just as well over the Internet, without the hassles of traveling long distances.
Old 09-28-2004, 10:09 PM   #82
bencar

Quote:
Quote:
then partying at my house afterwards till 2am.

- Justin
What is this. a party and no one tells me. this is some . next time you let me know there is a party otherwise no party after the nov meet. but there is always time for a party. oh by the way
Okay, here's a pic. Okay, probably not quite what you meant, but it is a pic

Old 09-29-2004, 08:41 AM   #83
twiztidz28

no definatly not. but hey whatever. its a picture

Chuck

Old 09-29-2004, 09:11 AM   #84
jims69camaro

Quote:
I also hope that Chuck can get us the in that we need. I really, really, really, really, don't want to see this thing go right into the Crapper.
we discussed alternatives to the independent cable hookup saturday night. if this goes beyond just an internet video, there are ways of selling it to interested parties. basically i want to concentrate on getting the first few shows 'in the can' before i start thinking about 'showing it all over town'.

don't worry, that part of the project will almost run itself. once it hits the internet word of mouth should get it to the right people. i'm not saying that we are't goig to actively pursue it, but it should certainly make the job easier.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
jims69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 09:29 AM   #85
twiztidz28

well Jim as i discussed with you justin and al. my guy at topo creations should come in handy as well. we cant forget about the carshow king can we. I have also recently discovered that he is a huge muscel car guy. he has a sick nove/chevell cant remember which one that i will see shortly. maybe he can get some big names he knows with fbodies to tag along. maybe do a celeb section on a couple shows.

Chuck

Old 09-29-2004, 09:57 AM   #86
BigAls87Z28

Ah...bad news. Cant use my garage. We gotta find somewhere else.
Old 09-29-2004, 10:17 AM   #87
twiztidz28

if my garage wasnt really small id say we could use that but you can barely get my car in there.

Chuck

Old 09-29-2004, 02:54 PM   #88
jims69camaro

no problem, al. good idea, chuck. ok, so i will step my expectations down a little bit. basically, anyone with a garage that is halfway decent-size-wise that we could shoot in? lighting will be less of a problem in a smaller space.

speaking of lighting, i learned a few tricks from a photographer friend of mine a few years ago. instead of shining a shop light directly on the subject, you bounce the light off of a white sheet. they have sophisticated equipment and what-not, but it's not that hard to reproduce using "macgyver" methods.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
Old 09-29-2004, 02:58 PM   #89
twiztidz28

ok well we have to clean out the garage and have a yard sale to get rid of most the crap on the left side. oh yea its a 2 car garage. and then it would have to be on the weekend when my roommate can take his lexus out if its not being worked on. ill run it by him if we cant get another place. after all he owns the house.

Chuck

Old 09-29-2004, 02:59 PM   #90
jims69camaro

Quote:
well Jim as i discussed with you justin and al. my guy at topo creations should come in handy as well. we cant forget about the carshow king can we. I have also recently discovered that he is a huge muscel car guy. he has a sick nove/chevell cant remember which one that i will see shortly. maybe he can get some big names he knows with fbodies to tag along. maybe do a celeb section on a couple shows.
this is pretty awesome, in and of itself. the 6-degrees theory notwithstanding... i'm certain if we pulled together all of our resources and just talked this thing up, people would come out of the woodwork to help us out. especially once they find out we're all amateurs trying to knock down a goliath of a project.

you never know who you are talking to or who they might know that could advance this project beyond our expectations.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
Old 09-29-2004, 09:29 PM   #91
bencar

Just another one of my thoughts here, not necessarily a good thought, but a thought none-the-less.

I think that waiting until Springtime to really get going on this thing, might be a bad idea. Now I realize that the Holidays will soon be upon us, and most of us have our share of nutzoness do deal with, but I'm afraid that if we wait until Spring to first start doing any real shooting, once we have a location that is, we could loose a lot of people. Time has a funny way of working against the best laid plans, if it isn't used judiciously
Old 09-29-2004, 10:56 PM   #92
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

I will volunteer the Z28 since it is completely bone stock. I will of course purchase the product. It will most likely start with the basic bolt ons, so we can make it simple and it wouldnt take up much time. Perfect for a 30-60minute show.
Old 09-30-2004, 10:25 PM   #93
bencar

Sounds good, so far we have my 76 T/A, your Z28, and I believe at least one or two other cars. We have a Host, and me as Co-Host, and by the looks of things, a possibility of a Garage to use, a definite on a Camera, Tripod, Storyboard Editor, and lighting person.

So, are we going to try to move the start date up like I think we should? I'm just afraid if we wait too long, we'll lose momentum, we'll lose people, and we could lose our opportunity to market this thing
Old 10-01-2004, 01:56 AM   #94
BigAls87Z28

First project..

How to lash your valves on a small block chevy....

please, I want my car to start before the snow does.
Old 10-01-2004, 07:31 AM   #95
bencar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28
First project..

How to lash your valves on a small block chevy....

please, I want my car to start before the snow does.
Don't cry, and your project idea sounds fine by me.
Old 10-01-2004, 07:37 AM   #96
HardcoreZ28

Lashing valves won't make for a very long segment. There's a lot more work and little talking you can do about it.....trust me I know. I only needed a 5 minute explanation and 3 hours to get mine right the first time. But it would be great if you're going to do valve lashing and something else in the same show.

SkinAndSteel.com
Old 10-01-2004, 07:47 AM   #97
bencar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreZ28
Lashing valves won't make for a very long segment. There's a lot more work and little talking you can do about it.....trust me I know. I only needed a 5 minute explanation and 3 hours to get mine right the first time. But it would be great if you're going to do valve lashing and something else in the same show.
Um, you could try forgetting to put the 'Adjusting Clips' on the Rockers' to spice things up a bit Seriously though, maybe he could throw in a 'basic tune-up' as part of the exercise
Old 10-01-2004, 07:59 AM   #98
HardcoreZ28

Adjusting clips? Do you mean those clips you can by to prevent oil from spurting out of the pushrods? Did you know those only work on stock stamped rockers?? Everytime I do my valves I have to let oil get all over my clean engine. Started more than 1 fire in the last couple years doing valves. Now I do them without running the engine and have had pretty good success.

SkinAndSteel.com
Old 10-01-2004, 10:05 AM   #99
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

Well if a project takes longer then the explenation, you can always fast-forward in editing like they do on the TV shows, like go from a speach, and show the first couple of minutes while speaking of what to do to get at the valves. Then fast forward time to the the last valve that needs to be lashed, or have it ready, so you can finish up the job and fire up the car or whatever needs to be done. While giving the final statement. Saying stuff like approximate times, and a corny joke.
Old 10-01-2004, 10:11 AM   #100
bencar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreZ28
Adjusting clips? Do you mean those clips you can by to prevent oil from spurting out of the pushrods? Did you know those only work on stock stamped rockers?? Everytime I do my valves I have to let oil get all over my clean engine. Started more than 1 fire in the last couple years doing valves. Now I do them without running the engine and have had pretty good success.
Dems is da ones. They'll also work on 'Roller Tip' Rockers if you bend the center tab just a bit. Doubt they'd fit on full 'Roller Rockers' though Otherwise, like you said, YUCK! Oh, I also use a 'Valve Cover' cut in half, with the top cut out, and a half gasket, so this way what drains on to the top if the cylinder head, doesn't run down the side of the engine block. Now there's something we could also feature on this program of ours.

I'd also like to just remind everyone, that though this is the NJFBOA, the program is the 'Average Guy's Car Show', and as much as I may be branded a heretic for saying this, we will need to feature other brands of vehicles, other than G.M. Fbody cars. We can start out with G.M . Fbody cars, but we do need to show other makes and models too Please don't smack me too hard for what I've just said

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge