Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning

Notices

Old 01-13-2006, 04:22 PM   #1
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

god damn mother f'ing !a/c

So yesterday I was trying to get the belt on... 60" wasnt doing it, 61" had way too much slack, and so I was trying everything I could think of the get the 60.5" in...

Well nothing was working out, and by nothing I mean alt couldnt go low enough, wouldnt slide over the water pump, screwdrivers wouldnt work on either pulley, couldnt stretch it, friend started thinking crazy and we tried using a hairdryer to heat it up and stretch it lol... then I started thinking crazy: take the alternator off, get the belt around it, then fanagle the alt back on... well, I looked at the power to the alt and said OK thers enough room to pull but was thinking too crazy and stupid to unplug the connector for the ground. Yanked the alt up, theres barely enough wire in the connector to tel where it goes, and the guage is thin as all hell so splicing may prove too difficult... gonna hope/see if my friend can come over and solder it tomorrow. Might see if I can get another connector and wire that up so I don't have to worry about the tiny peice of wire remaining in the connector... ugh. pissed now. what a damn project this turned out to be

that was what I posted yesteday on ftv6... update now is that only a deler or junkyard would carry it so I called the dealer, and they had a 4 wire conenctor for the alt... thing is that mine is a 4 wire conenctor with only 1 wire, theirs has 4 wires. Probably could make that work but I couldn't get a ride there.

There's not enough wire in the conenctor to wourk with, abotu 1 mm or less, and I tried to pull it out with needlenose pliers but ripped out a copper strand and that was it.

Might be able to poultryrig the wire fromt he harness back onto that little stub, ill call my friend over later with his soldering kit see what he thinks... that or just attach the wire right to a prong on the alt...

god damn PITA project piece of ****....

Kommandant
of the ACL (Anti Canadian League)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Junk the pos, spend the money on beer, acquire headache.

Same result cept this headache doesnt last months.
Savage_Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 04:27 PM   #2
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

my dad just picked one up at united auto parts in teaneck... thank f'in god

Kommandant

Quote:

Old 01-13-2006, 04:42 PM   #3
The Fixer

Good deal man! You coulda called for a ride, I get out of work at 3PM most days. I saw your car up on the jackstands too, but didn't see you outside, otherwise I woulda stopped by.

Former Toy - '88 Monte SS - had lots of mods...
The Fixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 04:48 PM   #4
V
Stalker

i cant wait for it to be like 105 degrees this summer, lol
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 07:33 PM   #5
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPI Monte SS
Good deal man! You coulda called for a ride, I get out of work at 3PM most days. I saw your car up on the jackstands too, but didn't see you outside, otherwise I woulda stopped by.
damn I forgot!! oh well, business lost from fisher chevy is not really a bad thing lol.

Yea she was on the ramps overnight

Kommandant

Quote:

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning