Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > In Car Entertainment

Notices

Old 06-12-2010, 09:07 AM   #26
FlyingDutchman

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeper View Post
no clue on the sub selection, but lemme know when you're installing it all. I've done a few little systems.

alsoooo I recommend we do headers at the same time to counteract the added weight.
Thats a fantastic idea haha

Heres a wiring question though

The amp Im going to buy runs 4ohm at 200RMS and 2ohm at 500RMS, obviously id like to run at the higher power, they make the particular sub im going to buy in either 4ohm DVC or 2ohm DVC. From what i understand you can make the 4ohm DVC present a load of either 2 or 8 ohms and the 2ohm DVC present either 4 or 1 ohm loads... So im wondering how do i wire the 4ohm DVC sub to present a 2 ohm load???
1997 Camaro Z28 - 355 LT1, T56, CC503, LTs, ORY, Bald Eagle-back exhaust, !emissions, Lingenfelter CAI, EWP, !CAGS, BMR LCAs, UMI PHB, Koni Str.t/Koni SA, C5 Z06 front / LS1 F-body rear brake swap, factory hurst with short stick

2014 2LT Cruze 2.0 Turbo Diesel
FlyingDutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 10:19 AM   #27
3rdGenHardtop

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97camaro View Post
Thats a fantastic idea haha

Heres a wiring question though

The amp Im going to buy runs 4ohm at 200RMS and 2ohm at 500RMS, obviously id like to run at the higher power, they make the particular sub im going to buy in either 4ohm DVC or 2ohm DVC. From what i understand you can make the 4ohm DVC present a load of either 2 or 8 ohms and the 2ohm DVC present either 4 or 1 ohm loads... So im wondering how do i wire the 4ohm DVC sub to present a 2 ohm load???

To reach a 2ohm load with a single 12" DVC woofer with (2) 4ohm coils, you would run them in parallel. This is to connect the positive terminals on the woofer together, and the negative terminals on the woofer together, and then also connect the positive and negative to the amp (usually via a terminal cup on the box).
'85 Trans Am L69 5speed car w/ t-tops and a leather gut. (Hers)

'04 WRX w/ turbo swap + (Traded/sold)
3rdGenHardtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:24 PM   #28
FlyingDutchman

Social Networks:

So finally got around to hooking up everything, had Nate (19iroc88) and another friend come over. Everything went quite smooth, hid all the wires (looks profeshh)... went to turn it on and..... nothing. Checked and rechecked wires. I got pwr to the amp, but the sub did nothing. Noted that the LED in the amp had a slight flicker instead of a constant stream. Called some audio techs, explained in full detail and audio jargon, and they seemed like i was talking another language, very disappointed with the "experts".

So long story short, we didn't have a sufficient enough ground (not clean enough metal) so I relocated the wire to a new spot and wallah! BASS! Ill stick a pic up later
1997 Camaro Z28 - 355 LT1, T56, CC503, LTs, ORY, Bald Eagle-back exhaust, !emissions, Lingenfelter CAI, EWP, !CAGS, BMR LCAs, UMI PHB, Koni Str.t/Koni SA, C5 Z06 front / LS1 F-body rear brake swap, factory hurst with short stick

Old 07-02-2010, 10:08 AM   #29
FlyingDutchman

Social Networks:

V POWER!

Alpine SWR-1042d 4Ohm DVC Subwoofer wired @ 2Ohms for 500w RMS housed in a custom sealed box (i made it myself lol) wired to a Alpine MRP-M500 Amp 500w RMS 1000w Peak, so far so good Now i need to redo the other speakers... lol

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > In Car Entertainment