Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Classified Forums > Classifieds Forums > Classifieds - Other

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 11:22 AM   #1
The Fixer

Restored Carbon Trek Road Bike and a Few BMXs!

Hey all,
One of my many hobbies is restoring older bikes. So, I've got a few nice ones for sale that I've gone through and refurbished. These are in great shape and need nothing but some new riders. I'll give a quick description with each one, but if you're interested or need more pics, feel free to PM me!

First up is a 1991 carbon composite Trek 2100 Pro (carbon fiber top tube, down tube, and seat tube, aluminum rear triangle, fork, and head tube). It's a 62cm frame, 33.75" standover height, so rider height should be about 6'2" and over. The color is dark metallic purple. It has all Shimano components (105 brakes, down-tube shifters, rear hub, and front derailleur, and 600 Ultegra rear derailleur and front hub). I added new white brake housings and stainless cables, new shifter cables and white rear derailleur housing, new SRAM bar tape, new CST Caldera tires and new tubes too. The saddle is a newer Selle Italia SPID racing saddle. I have platform pedals on it now for test rides, but will include the original Look clip on pedals, and the original Trek owners manual. Asking $400 for this one.

First up in the BMX bikes - the 1996 Mongoose Menace. This is also refurbished, dialed in, and ready to ride! OG paint and decals with some wear, but still in great shape overall. Chrome bits like the fork and bars look great for being almost 20 years old. New parts include the white Origin8 seat, white AME grips, KMC chain, white brake cables, Origin8 chain tensioners, 20x1.95 Kenda Kontacts and tubes, and new Wellgo pedals. This is a great rider! NJFBOA Price - $100 firm.

And last up - the 1982 Ross Piranha. It's a hodgepodge of parts, but it rides awesome, and would make a great first bike for a kid. I started off with an '82 frame - it's made from Ishiwata chromoly tubing, with a gusset below the down tube and an oval top tube. There's some surface rust and scratches, but it looks great from a few feet away. The chrome fork and stem were pirated from some other bike, and I installed an Odyssey headset. The bars, aluminum wheels, and 20x1.85 tires are off a Specialized kids bike. The grips are AMEs. It also has an old-school chain tensioner, Mongoose crank and gear, Schwinn rat-trip pedals, comfy Bontrager seat, and a BlackOps chromoly seatpost with a GT seat clamp. The coaster brake works perfectly, and so does the Lee Chi MX1000 handbrake with it's new Shimano brake cable. NJFBOA Price - $50 for this one!

Feel free to post or PM if you're interested!

Former Toy - '88 Monte SS - had lots of mods...

Last edited by The Fixer; 10-09-2015 at 06:10 PM.
Old 09-16-2015, 09:16 PM   #2
The Fixer

GT Performer is sold, thanx again Matt!

Old 09-26-2015, 07:43 PM   #3
The Fixer

Bump, major price drop on the Trek! Asking $475 now!

Old 10-09-2015, 06:10 PM   #4
The Fixer

$400 for the Trek now, it needs to be gone!

Closed Thread

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Classified Forums > Classifieds Forums > Classifieds - Other