Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 01:04 PM   #1
nj85z28

Camaro Marketing Manager Interview

I was approached by General Motors today with an interesting opportunity. I will be conducting an interview with John Fitzpatrick, the Camaro Marketing Manager. If theres any questions you would like me to ask, please post them. I'll be putting this on a bunch of the sites I frequent.
Thanks for your help

Last edited by nj85z28; 08-30-2011 at 01:28 PM.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:15 PM   #2
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Why would you be doing this?

Will the next camaro be leaner?

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
Old 08-30-2011, 01:33 PM   #3
nj85z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
Why would you be doing this?

I was asked by the GM CARS team manager if I would be interested in doing it. I work for several GM related sites including Camaroforums.com, Chevroletforum.com, Truckforums.com as an administrator and since January the company Internet Brands that owns these sites has developed a relationship with GM. Back in January I was invited to GM HQ as 1 of 6 website operators for a meeting with the GM CARS team and brought to the Detroit auto show before it was open to the public. Alex from GMI was also there.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:56 PM   #4
Anti_Rice_Guy
The Mayor / 2009 Member of the Year / Moderator

Social Networks:

6th gen = leaner?

Motor for 6th gen?

Price to remain similar to current structure?
Is English your 2nd language? Did you graduate high school? Your posts make my head hurt.
Team FARM
Old 08-30-2011, 02:04 PM   #5
coolmanvette75
12 Second Club / Bullwinkle

Details on the Z28 (they said they will be making a Z28, along with the ZL1)

Actual power numbers for the ZL1

Any 6th gen info
Originally Posted by Jersey Mike View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSex View Post
who is FFB?
An NJFBOA legend. Ask about him at the next meet.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:08 PM   #6
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Cool I had no idea.

I'd also want to know if the trend of oversized wheels will begin to reverse course given the adverse impact it has on mpg and handling. I'd think cafe standards will dictate improved unsprung weight and reduced moment of inertia.

If the next version will be equally large in all directions will they consider making the back seats useful? they are welcome to sit in the back of my 2nd gen to experience camaro backseats that are functional. As my primary driver where I rarely have the while family on it but need to every now and then, the back seat is the #1 and only reason I am not considering a camaro as I new car shop right now. At $35k+ it is still an expensive toy

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
Old 08-30-2011, 02:18 PM   #7
NastyEllEssWon

why is the camaro so ugly???

why is it just a 2 door g8 with half the interior space???

when can we expect to get our money back that the government stole from us and gave to gm?

do you think the government shouldve just let gm tank since they mishandled their company and by the terms of capitalism they deserve to go bankrupt and stripped apart by competitors that bought them out to help absolve their debt?
Old 08-30-2011, 02:38 PM   #8
nj85z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyEllEssWon View Post
why is the camaro so ugly???

why is it just a 2 door g8 with half the interior space???

when can we expect to get our money back that the government stole from us and gave to gm?

do you think the government shouldve just let gm tank since they mishandled their company and by the terms of capitalism they deserve to go bankrupt and stripped apart by competitors that bought them out to help absolve their debt?
Im sorry you feel that way towards the company.
Unfortunately this interview is more for the Camaro enthusiasts.

However I was also approached by a marketing company recently looking for "GM Haters" I come across on my websites, so if in fact you truly feel that way I can forward your contact information to that team and perhaps they can put you in a focus group to get you the answers to those questions from GM directly.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:33 PM   #9
BigAls87Z28

Quote:
Will the next camaro be leaner?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti_Rice_Guy View Post
6th gen = leaner?

Motor for 6th gen?

Price to remain similar to current structure?
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmanvette75 View Post
Details on the Z28 (they said they will be making a Z28, along with the ZL1)

Actual power numbers for the ZL1

Any 6th gen info
None of the above questions will be answered. Zero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj85z28 View Post
Im sorry you feel that way towards the company.
Unfortunately this interview is more for the Camaro enthusiasts.

However I was also approached by a marketing company recently looking for "GM Haters" I come across on my websites, so if in fact you truly feel that way I can forward your contact information to that team and perhaps they can put you in a focus group to get you the answers to those questions from GM directly.
Don't mind Nasty. Wasting time there. In fact, you are wasting a lot of your time here overall. I don't think that anyone here is either in the market for a Camaro, nor have the ability to get one.
Sure, some might have the ability, but none have interest in it.

Last edited by BigAls87Z28; 08-30-2011 at 10:35 PM.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:16 AM   #10
Anti_Rice_Guy
The Mayor / 2009 Member of the Year / Moderator

Social Networks:

Buzzkill.
Is English your 2nd language? Did you graduate high school? Your posts make my head hurt.
Team FARM
Old 08-31-2011, 07:18 AM   #11
Blacdout96

With the RS/SS models for everyday driving crowd, and the ZL1 a super performace muscle car with the intention of pointing it straight and have a it, A. are they looking into a Z28 model? and B. Will this one be based on a more agile, and diet body/interior performance, considering the original Z28 was intended for competing in Trans Am?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
Uh yeah, after they surprized buttsecks us at Pearl Harbor?
Old 08-31-2011, 07:25 AM   #12
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Anything to help with blind spots? Reverse cam, blind spot detection, etc...
Old 08-31-2011, 08:12 AM   #13
BonzoHansen
Admin.

I have another one for him. What does GM believe the fans of past generations of Camaros feel about the new car?

Quote:
In fact, you are wasting a lot of your time here overall. I don't think that anyone here is either in the market for a Camaro, nor have the ability to get one.
Sure, some might have the ability, but none have interest in it.
Speak for yourself Mr. Malibu. I just told you why I cannot look at the car even though I'd really like to. So what you are saying is GM does not care why people who can buy the car don't want to?

You should probably stop assuming. There are a lot of guys here with the ability to buy one of these cars. A few have but many have not. Doesn't GM want to know why we don't buy it now?

What in your opinion should he ask this GM person, how they are going to make it even more wonderful?

I do agree that nastytroll can shut up. The Camaro Marketing Manager has no more to do with the GM stuff than the guy on the line screwing the car together. Ass, stay on topic or go away. No one wants to hear your useless rhetoric.

Old 08-31-2011, 09:25 AM   #14
jts98z28

do they have ttops yet?
Old 08-31-2011, 11:43 AM   #15
jam01

since we own a 2010, my wife love's it by the way. they really should build a strip model with the big engine, while i know they put the packages together to save cost and speed production, there is nothing like ordering your car with the features you want not what is required with other options. that was a problem i had trying to sell cars, dealers load up on either the lowest optioned or the highest with very few in-between.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:32 PM   #16
Blacdout96

Strip it down, make a 5.0 based on the 4.8 truck engine, make the block aluminum since ford already has their 5.0 in order. Watch Dodge follow suit making the 4.7 a 5.0 and then they slide it into the Heffer, er I mean Challanger....BAM, instant Trans Am race series 21 Century style.

( making mental calculations) leave the bore at 3.78, and make the stroke 3.39.....close enough.....

Tell them to do it now. kthanxbye

Quote:
Uh yeah, after they surprized buttsecks us at Pearl Harbor?

Last edited by Blacdout96; 08-31-2011 at 04:03 PM.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:56 PM   #17
Slow-V6

Tell them please do not make a Chevy Firebird!!
1998 Corvette Convertible, Vararam Intake+Power Duct, Fast 90/90, Ti Axleback..12.8@110
2003 Cobra Convertible 10th Anniversary
http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6
Local car cruise schedule..
http://www.cliffscalendar.com/
Old 08-31-2011, 01:09 PM   #18
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow-V6 View Post
Tell them please do not make a Chevy Firebird!!
Like they did in '82-02?
Old 08-31-2011, 02:05 PM   #19
BullittSVT

What plans do you have for the interior to improve overall functionality and style that'll be on par of say... the Mustang.

Why do Camaros almost always receive goofy steering wheels?

Are most of the owners for the 5th Gens first time owners of a Camaro?

How has the new generation been received by previous F-Body owners.

Take Fords example on how to make a Pony car, slim it down fools. GM is always balls first, comfort later.

...yes I am a Ford sympathizer.

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.9

1998 Camaro, 3.8L M5 Stock - SOLD
2001 Camaro Z28 M6 SLP LM1, Lid
- FOR SALE

Last edited by BullittSVT; 08-31-2011 at 02:05 PM.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:41 PM   #20
BigAls87Z28

Let me just update some of you on sales numbers. Camaro is still #1, despite Mustang's 40023048304820348032840238403 options and trim packages.

Is Camaro perfect? No, not by a long shot. I could stand here and list 20 changes they could make over the next model year to improve it, but what you guys are asking is information that he won't answer, or you are asking questions for stuff that is not possible or not going to happen, ie a stripper V8 model or details on the 6th generation Camaro.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:03 PM   #21
BigAls87Z28

Quote:
I have another one for him. What does GM believe the fans of past generations of Camaros feel about the new car?
One good question

Quote:
Speak for yourself Mr. Malibu. I just told you why I cannot look at the car even though I'd really like to. So what you are saying is GM does not care why people who can buy the car don't want to?

You should probably stop assuming. There are a lot of guys here with the ability to buy one of these cars. A few have but many have not. Doesn't GM want to know why we don't buy it now?
The Camaro cannot and is not an everyman's car. It cannot be a car for everyone, and so far it's a car for the majority of people looking to buy a sports coupe.
There are lots of guys with the ability to buy one here, but they won't for a host of reasons, and therefor not the reason to ask them for a question.
Just look at the questions so far? Old-time enthusiasts think that the fandangled IRS is for rich people, that 20's is a waste, and are perplexed how a Camaro could come without roll down windows? New age kids are either too dumb, poor, or not looking for that caliber of car. So what's the point?
People asking for engine-in-a-box car should be dismissed and removed from modern production car talk. If you think that AC and power seats should be left for high end cars, you have no point in asking questions. If you think that fuel injection is still a fancy new technology that hasn't had all the bugs worked out, you should skip this thread.

Real questions?
How come the Camaro team thought that a Camaro buyer wouldn't like navigation and automatic climate control, but a lower model Cruze has them as standard or optional?

Why, and where did you pull the information on what to change for the interior for the 2012 model year?

Did the engineering team learn anything from the ZL1 testing about the car, and will that trickle down to other models?

Has there been any requests for the new FE4 suspension for non-SS cars?
Old 08-31-2011, 05:39 PM   #22
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

No one complains about the slim window profile and blindspots?
Old 08-31-2011, 05:48 PM   #23
BigAls87Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
No one complains about the slim window profile and blindspots?
Sure they do. But, as numbers are showing, people are willing to give up a little visibility for design. Camaro is not something you buy with your mind, you buy it with your heart. Cheezy marketing line, but it's true. If we all thought practical, 98% of us would not be driving what we are and what we love to drive.

Personally, never had a problem. Side mirrors are big enough, it has passive sensors, and now had a back up camera system that displays in the rear view mirror. Never felt like I lost a car in a blind spot. Really, drive it for one week, and you get used to it. Same with any other fbody, any other generation. Each has their own glitches.

GM listened too much to the "enthusiast" crowd when it came to the interior, for better and for worse. On one hand, you can get a cloth interior without the aux gauge pod in an SS, and you can get upgraded heated leather seats on a V6. But, they also heard that "we dont need no fancy navigation, dual zone climate control, or smart phone integration!"
Old 08-31-2011, 06:20 PM   #24
RiggsLW81

I would like to know if they have any plans to bring back T-tops? Or if there is any interest from the public in them? Being as they've been a representation (to an extent) of the car for 30ish years, I'd be curious to know what the decision makers think about them as an option. Would it be the 5th gen or 6th gen? Have the decision makers seen the aftermarket 5th gen t-top conversions? I am all for them coming back personally.

Question #2.. Why did they kill off the best color in the 5th gen lineup the first year out? Aqua Blue Metallic.. the most unique, and fun color available. Did it not sell well? Any plans to bring back that color, or at least a medium/metallic Blue in the future? The Navy is bland as hell to be the only Blue offered.. Any other color choices news to note?

Thanx..post up if those questions get answered.

Another trip inside the acid bath..no salvation and the grave is coming fast..
Old 08-31-2011, 07:38 PM   #25
WiMiMc

will they make a hardtop convertible opposed to ragtop? probably not but i just figured i'd throw it out there

how do they plan to step it up to compete with the new mustang? ( i know the ZL1 is coming out but i mean what else and something that applies to the SS models and even base models)
Closed Thread

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge