Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-17-2004, 10:16 PM   #26
jims69camaro

we're still moving forward.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
jims69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 05:44 PM   #27
jims69camaro

oh, and welcome to page two. 8)

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
Old 09-18-2004, 07:57 PM   #28
bencar

Average Guy's Car Show

Forward is a good direction to be moving, but sideways and forward can also be fun Seriously though, I really have great hopes for this brainstorm/
bencar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 12:54 AM   #29
jims69camaro

well, we've got to find a place to shoot. i'm still holding out hope that someone with a garage will step forward...

people who showed interest in the project: NJSPEEDER, TPI Monte SS, foff667, BigAls87Z28, TransAm4Life, twiztidz28, Ian, SilverTransAm and Tru2Chevy. Garret was volunteered by Justin, so we'll have to wait and see if he wants in or not.

we have a camera, a tripod, a personality and an editor, and we need just a little bit more of a committment to move forward.

this will benefit all of us. imagine telling someone you belong to NJFBOA, and they say, "oh, yeah, the guys that did 'Average Joe's Car Show'". and what an awesome way to promote the website... i am sure you guys are aware of f-body hideout, right?

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
Old 09-19-2004, 01:48 AM   #30
BigAls87Z28

Im not sure on what exactly was said on the other page...but here is my input. If something like this was said before, bah.

I deffinatly think that having a car care aware show is a good idea. Something that we could put out through NJFBOA. We could also, after we get some sponsors for the site, interview them about their products and services. We could take tours of shops and such, and show what exactly goes on when you take your car in for service. I know a lot of people...and I do mean a LOT of people...that dont even know who, what, or even how you ballance a tire?
I think there is a lot we could do, but many different ways to do it. Also, we could do a review of some track nights, and talk about what to do your first time racing. How many dumbasses have you seen that drive through the water box and line up at the tree...you know there newbs.
I think that it would be great. Id give up my garage, but its attacted to a house, and half of it is jammed with crap. I do have an air tank, but no torch, and if the garage was cleaned out, I could fit 2 cars in there, or at least 1 car and camera equipment.
What would be nice if we had a lift.... 8)
Old 09-19-2004, 11:36 PM   #31
bencar

Average Guy's Car Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by jims69camaro
well, we've got to find a place to shoot. i'm still holding out hope that someone with a garage will step forward...

people who showed interest in the project: NJSPEEDER, TPI Monte SS, foff667, BigAls87Z28, TransAm4Life, twiztidz28, Ian, SilverTransAm and Tru2Chevy. Garret was volunteered by Justin, so we'll have to wait and see if he wants in or not.

we have a camera, a tripod, a personality and an editor, and we need just a little bit more of a committment to move forward.

this will benefit all of us. imagine telling someone you belong to NJFBOA, and they say, "oh, yeah, the guys that did 'Average Joe's Car Show'". and what an awesome way to promote the website... i am sure you guys are aware of f-body hideout, right?
Sounds good so far, and might I add, you have bencar (your personality) on that list of willing particpants in this project

Oh, and I'm sure I can think of some little project to do on that T/A of mine for use in the filming part of this thing (like inspecting rear brakes or something)
Old 09-20-2004, 09:35 PM   #32
jims69camaro

Re: Average Guy's Car Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by bencar
Quote:
well, we've got to find a place to shoot. i'm still holding out hope that someone with a garage will step forward......
Sounds good so far, and might I add, you have bencar (your personality) on that list of willing particpants in this project

Oh, and I'm sure I can think of some little project to do on that T/A of mine for use in the filming part of this thing (like inspecting rear brakes or something)
tag, you're it. i think if we can keep this up at the top someone who hasn't seen it yet will come waltzing in here and say, "hey, i've got a garage you can use..."

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
Old 09-20-2004, 09:48 PM   #33
bencar

Re: Average Guy's Car Show

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bencar
Quote:
well, we've got to find a place to shoot. i'm still holding out hope that someone with a garage will step forward......

tag, you're it. i think if we can keep this up at the top someone who hasn't seen it yet will come waltzing in here and say, "hey, i've got a garage you can use..."
Tag, you're it! I certainly hope that one of the members of this Forum will be able to come up with a suitable location for filming this project. I'd really hate to see this dream die, simply due to the lack of a Garage suitable to filming
I know that neither of my Garages would be suitable for filming anything. As it stands now, I can just get the car into it's Garage (a.k.a. Toybox) now, fit all my 'Detailing' stuff
Old 09-21-2004, 08:04 PM   #34
bencar

Wanted: A Garage For Filming 'The Average Guy's Car Show'

Come on, please don't let this great idea die for want of a Garage to film this thing in. We have people willing to use their cars (like me and I think Jims69Camaro), we have all the other elements, including a 'personality' (yeah I'm nuts enough to volunteer for that job), so all we need is a suitable Garage for filming. PLEASE, someone say you've got what we need
Old 09-21-2004, 10:06 PM   #35
bencar

Oh yeah, I forgot somethingHELP!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-22-2004, 03:29 PM   #36
jims69camaro

al: since most of us don't have a lift anyway, it would be TTL to show a car up on jackstands. clean out your garage.

ok, this is what we have so far:
Justin: camera operator, editting

Twiztid: IFC channel hookup (wife's friend is a VP)

SilverTransAm: camera

Bencar: Host

TransAm4Life: tripod, mass production (if we go this route, he needs the discs) and offered up his car. now, the second half of the equation he didn't tell us - what project he can handle footing the bill for. if you want sub-frame connectors installed on your car, you buy the SFCs and we film the installation. CAI: you buy it, we film it and install it. cool?

Big Al: storyboard - you didn't think i was going to let you off the hook with just throwing ideas out, did you? it's not that difficult. do a little research then map the show out for us. so much easier to follow a plan than to just 'wing it'.

me: i'm doing what i do best, and that's getting it all together and hopefully managing the resources to their best avenues. if all goes according to plan, and Big Al's storyboard, all we'll have to do is get everyone's schedule together and shoot.

now, if Al will clean out his 2 car garage then we'll have some place to shoot... 8)

btw: tim, TPI Monte SS, foff667, Ian and Garrett (who hasn't seen this yet? justin, if you could, get a message to him to see if this is something he wants in on): maybe you guys want to sit down with Big Al and come up with the storyboard? i'm hoping you'll all be available for the day(s) of filming, as well, as i know your combined experience can benefit this project.

alrighty, then. i imagine come spring we'll have some film 'in the can' so justin (and garrett?) can put the finishing touches on it.

we are closer to achieving this goal than anyone realizes... especially me.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
Old 09-22-2004, 08:38 PM   #37
bencar

Quote:
al: since most of us don't have a lift anyway, it would be TTL to show a car up on jackstands. clean out your garage.

ok, this is what we have so far:

Twiztid: IFC channel hookup (wife's friend is a VP)

Bencar: Host

TransAm4Life: tripod, mass production (if we go this route, he needs the discs) and offered up his car. now, the second half of the equation he didn't tell us - what project he can handle footing the bill for. if you want sub-frame connectors installed on your car, you buy the SFCs and we film the installation. CAI: you buy it, we film it and install it. cool?

Big Al: storyboard - you didn't think i was going to let you off the hook with just throwing ideas out, did you? it's not that difficult. do a little research then map the show out for us. so much easier to follow a plan than to just 'wing it'.

me: i'm doing what i do best, and that's getting it all together and hopefully managing the resources to their best avenues. if all goes according to plan, and Big Al's storyboard, all we'll have to do is get everyone's schedule together and shoot.

now, if Al will clean out his 2 car garage then we'll have some place to shoot... 8)

btw: tim, TPI Monte SS, foff667, Ian and Garrett (who hasn't seen this yet? justin, if you could, get a message to him to see if this is something he wants in on): maybe you guys want to sit down with Big Al and come up with the storyboard? i'm hoping you'll all be available for the day(s) of filming, as well, as i know your combined experience can benefit this project.

alrighty, then. i imagine come spring we'll have some film 'in the can' so justin (and garrett?) can put the finishing touches on it.

we are closer to achieving this goal than anyone realizes... especially me.
FANTASTIC!!!!!Sorry, but I couldn't contain myself . Oh, and though I can't get into anything big, I'd be willing to come up with some kind of small project on my T/A, if you needed any additiional program material.

By the way, Jims69Camaro, if you wish to contact me by phone, drop me a personal E-Mail, and I'll forward that information on to you
Old 09-22-2004, 11:35 PM   #38
jims69camaro

yeah, i am sure Big Al will come up with something other than just one project, especially knowing that there is more than one person offering their car up. he will need specifics, though, and we'll also need that information to know where to set up the cameras and how many we'll need. i am sure more than one person on this website will either loan us their camera or bring it and be camera operator for a day.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
Old 09-22-2004, 11:41 PM   #39
BigAls87Z28

Whoa! Guess I need to get to cleaning huh? It would have to be a "team" effort. I need to build a shed first so I can jamb all that crap in there.
Build it (shed), and they will come....
Old 09-22-2004, 11:46 PM   #40
jims69camaro

let me know if you need any help. while i am unable to lift anything, i could help in other ways (all that knowledge my dad stuffed into my head about carpentry might come in handy?!?).

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
Old 09-23-2004, 08:39 AM   #41
The Fixer

Guys, I could get in on something like this. Check out and follow along these two pages from my website -

www.bowtiepower.com/hearttransplant.html

www.bowtiepower.com/T5conversion.html

You can see my friend Jim and I built the whole car in my driveway, without a lift or air tools. From doing the motor conversion/tranny install, to hanging the exhaust and rebuilding the suspension, it all happened in front of my house. The only things that I had to farm out was the rearend rebuild (4 years ago) and having my friend weld the crossmember for use with the T5. I had to borrow the cherry picker from a friend; we used it to pull the motor from my '85 SS, and then install it several months later into the '88.

A garage isn't a bad idea, but if someone had a large enough driveway, it might work better for lighting and filming angles. You'd have to add a LOT of light in a small garage, and it would have to be clean (no clutter, for aesthetic purposes). It's pretty cramped working underneath a car while it's on jackstands (to hang an exhaust, to hang an exhaust, for example). Now add another guy in with a camera and you better get the "Censored" button ready for the expletives. Working outside would give you the room; you could put the camera low near the ground outside the car, and shoot in towards the action. That's another reason why the guys on HotRod TV and stuff use lifts, so they can get the shots.

And, I could be an extra personality if necessary. I'm a high-school band director, so I'm "performing" every day. I'm also one of the advisors for the annual School Play, so I have some experience with staging and acting. And I wouldn't mind using my car on the show either. Lets keep the thoughts flying!

Former Toy - '88 Monte SS - had lots of mods...
The Fixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 08:47 AM   #42
twiztidz28

well i am only able to talk to my friends wife on the weekends and this weekend is so friggen booked i cant even go to the bathroom cause there is no time. but i can assure you that i will talk to her. anyone have any questions that should be asked let me know.

also, could we fix the f'n rattles in my car please

Chuck

Someone help me fix the rattles in my car Please.
twiztidz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 10:05 AM   #43
jims69camaro

UPDATED

TPI Monte SS: personality (co-host), vehicle, logistics, storyboard

Twiztid: IFC channel hookup (wife's friend is a VP), fix the rattles on his car, please

Bencar: personality (co-host), vehicle

Big Al: storyboard, garage?

btw: tim, foff667, Ian and Garrett (who hasn't seen this yet? justin, if you could, get a message to him to see if this is something he wants in on): maybe you guys want to sit down with Big Al and come up with the storyboard? i'm hoping you'll all be available for the day(s) of filming, as well, as i know your combined experience can benefit this project.

anyone else, who isn't previously mentioned, that would like to contribute, we'd be appreciative. as for questions to ask about the production, i wouldn't know where to start. i think we're off to a good start, and setting spring as the readiness date is a good goal.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
Old 09-23-2004, 10:12 AM   #44
jims69camaro

clarification

just a little clarification on offering up your vehicle for use in the production: you also need to let us know what project you'd like to have done to your car, and you supply the parts. if this is not known beforehand, Big Al and his team are going to have a tough time working up a storyboard.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
Old 09-23-2004, 10:29 AM   #45
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

im down...once i get my v6 4th gen i think that would be a great little project car...It'll probably be stock when i get it...ive got a bunch of suspension parts left from the Z we could put on. If at some point i get the truck up and running and can get it off my pad we could work out there, though im not sure if thats the surroundings youd prefer.
foff667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 11:50 AM   #46
Pat

we could do a show on my spring/shock swap.

i have no problem filming, but it's impossible for me to be home during the week. even some weekends are tough. but if we make a set date, i could try hard to clear it up.

Sold: 1998 Trans Am
SLP Lid, Magnaflow Catback, Stock Hurst w/ JSS, BMR APHR, Chrome ZR1's

Currently Driving: 1986 Oldsmobile Delta 88
Parents bought it from my neighbor's father for $500
Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 12:03 PM   #47
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

fwiw ive got an 8mm digi at home & did go to school for communications among other things so i know a little about editing and storyboards and crap.
foff667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 12:11 PM   #48
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPI Monte SS
You'd have to add a LOT of light in a small garage
FWIW - I have several 2'x4' light fixtures that hold 4 48" tubes. I would be willing to donate a few to the lucky garage....

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 12:39 PM   #49
twiztidz28

I could also operate a camera. be the guy who gets coffee food whatever. Also i could maybe throw some money in if needbe. im not saying a lot but def something with no more then 3 numbers. IE: 100-700.

Chuck

Someone help me fix the rattles in my car Please.
twiztidz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 12:41 PM   #50
ShitOnWheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiztidz28
I could also operate a camera. be the guy who gets coffee food whatever. Also i could maybe throw some money in if needbe. im not saying a lot but def something with no more then 3 numbers. IE: 100-700.
I'll take $700
ShitOnWheels is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge