Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-27-2007, 10:47 PM   #1
Trans Aminal

Ricers in the WB talking smack...

Hey guys

Let me start out by saying I work in the "WB", aka the Washington Borough in NJ. I don't know how many of you guys know where this is or have been there, but this place is known for having more "Tyte cars and Type R's" per square mile than just about anywhere else in the world. In other words, its a town full of Honda kids that think they are fast.

So I show up to check my schedule, and I'm not surprised to see a bunch of Honda kids standing out front. I walk over because my buddy was talking to one of them, and the **** talking starts immediately. "Oh look here's the kid with the Trans Am, ect". I'm used to it so I just usually laugh and mumble to myself how much I hate these kids. Anyhow, the one kid starts taking **** about how my car "isn't s*** against a motor swapped Honda", so I pretty much told him Hondas suck - they are ugly, sound like ****, and their motors are gutless. He immediately takes this as a challenge to race, and starts calling all his gay Honda friends to come down, and of course they are chilling at the local Dunkin Donuts and Quick Check (where else ), so they show up immediately.

He claims they have a stock bodied, stock interior Honda Civic hatch (bubble as they call them) with a K20 "type r" that will "destroy" my car by buslenghts, my mods are in sig. Apparently it belonged to one of their friends that died, so now "its everyones car". He claims it has 268WHP and "beat a Fararri f50 (). Then this other Honda fag also showed up with a "B16 turbo" who claims he will destroy me. At this point I pretty much say "whatever I don't give a f***", because I'm tired of listening to B16 this and K20 that, I hate Hondas.

My friend rolls his eyes and says "lets see what would happen if the T/A was as modded as your Civic or had anything close to as much money in it, such as H/C package or Procharger", and these kids STILL claim this K20 Civic would lay waste to it. I asked them in plain english if they thought a H/C 500WHP F-body with a 4K stall and a 4L80 with a 12 bolt could beat this hatch. Their exact words "it would need a rocket strapped to it"

My question is how many of you guys have raced a Honda with a "K20" or "K20r" swapped into it?? Any idea what the outcome would be?? I mean obviously he has a huge weight advantage over me (~1000lbs), but do those motors run as well as their numbers suggest?? Seems to me I've read all too many hyped-up kill stories where some boosted H22 or K series in a hatch lays down money and still gets their ass kicked by a bolt on LS1, even though the stats suggest otherwise.

And finally, if any of you guys are in the area, give me a hollar, especially if you got some good mods. These kids could use a nice reality check, nothing that can't be settled over at Island

Last edited by BonzoHansen; 06-28-2007 at 06:57 AM. Reason: language
Trans Aminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 11:05 PM   #2
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

run the little punks

Kommandant
of the ACL (Anti Canadian League)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Junk the pos, spend the money on beer, acquire headache.

Same result cept this headache doesnt last months.
Savage_Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 11:11 PM   #3
Mike
BadMod

just like any motor, they could be running anywhere from stock times to single digits.... you seem pretty close minded about these cars so i wouldnt be surprised if one of them was able to walk you.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 11:13 PM   #4
Mike
BadMod

btw you have most likely a high 12 second car, which isnt tooo hard in a turbo or properly built na honda

Quote:
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:15 PM   #5
unstable bob gable
American Road Warrior

Thumbs up

Where abouts is the "W B" located?

1991 Dodge Spirit R/T: Gran'pa lookin' 150+ mph turbo rocket.

2013 Dodge Avenger RT: Wastelands cruiser.

2008 Crown Vic Police Interceptor: 'Nuff said!

THE ONLY THING THAT SUCKS WORSE THEN IMPORTS ARE RICED OUT IMPORTS!!!
unstable bob gable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 11:18 PM   #6
Mike
BadMod

wb

roadrunner racing bugsbunny for pinks

Quote:
Old 06-27-2007, 11:24 PM   #7
Jersey_TA
10 Second Club

Hmmm interesting...... Time to bust out the BBOD I think. He's been hungry lately
2000 T/A WS6 - 11.190 @ 119.79...SOLD
Jersey_TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 11:29 PM   #8
WayFast84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey_TA View Post
Hmmm interesting...... Time to bust out the BBOD I think. He's been hungry lately
do it
Old 06-27-2007, 11:41 PM   #9
unstable bob gable
American Road Warrior

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrrmike View Post
wb

Don't quit yer day job, 5-Oh.

Old 06-27-2007, 11:42 PM   #10
Trans Aminal

Quote:
just like any motor, they could be running anywhere from stock times to single digits.... you seem pretty close minded about these cars so i wouldnt be surprised if one of them was able to walk you.......
Close minded?? No. I know what the engines are capable of, as stated, this car is "supposed" to be making 268WHP.

There is a big difference between not liking them and being "close minded", I know what "they can do", yet my personal opinion is that they are pieces of **** in general.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:43 PM   #11
Trans Aminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by unstable bob gable View Post
Where abouts is the "W B" located?
Sorry I didn't specify...

"WB" is the "Washington Borough", North Jersey, Warren County
Old 06-27-2007, 11:51 PM   #12
unstable bob gable
American Road Warrior

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trans Aminal View Post
Sorry I didn't specify...

"WB" is the "Washington Borough", North Jersey, Warren County
Like off of Rt 31...on the way to Hot Dog Johnny's in Buttzville?

Old 06-28-2007, 06:58 AM   #13
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
wb

Beep-beep

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 07:03 AM   #14
Sweet99Z

Race them. unless one of those cars is seriously stripped down, well built, and has wrinkle wall slicks on the front, I would not worry about it. I cant even count how many times I have been into a pack of ricers talking **** and when it comes down to it, they all have slow cars and cant drive. Most likely your dealing with a couple of 14 second cars that "feel Fast" compared to mommy's mini van. The thing is however, even if one of those cars is fast, it is still just a pos honda.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:07 AM   #15
bubba428

hmmm island.....I'll let you know when my "little" project is running and I'll make the damn ricers cry...
bubba428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 07:49 AM   #16
Blackbirdws6
Lord of the rings / 10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

These guys obviously think their swap motor imports are untouchable. More times than not, there are tons of claims backed up by absolutely nothing. Occasionally you will run into a truly impressive import that will perform but its still few and far between in my opinion.

It gets worse in the honda crowd because they seem to all fuel their own made up hp numbers and stories. For all you know, the guy claiming 268whp could have just beaten a car that was supposedly making 250whp (as quoted by that owner) but in fact...neither is making anything withing 50hp of that number. This is just for "an instance" but you see where I'm going with it. I would run one of their cars from a stop and a roll if you want. You do not have a slow by any means so see how it stacks up.

Back when I was only with a filter/exhaust this kid with a modded crx "shifting at 10k" would talk all kinds of crap and spout its times and what not. When we finally lined up, I left him 6 cars back to 110...suffice to say he had nothing to say and his buddy told me he was giving it all it had. Then again I ran into some well built and non-riced out hondas on rt 1 in my dads 00 vette. We never got a clean run but it would have been neck and neck if not with him pulling a bit on that car.

Good luck with laying the smack down.

-Brian

97 T/A Ram Air Convt
Forever dyno queen / 777rwhp 662 rwtq @ 17lbs / 10.2 @ 140

'24 Corvette Z06
17 Sierra 2500HD Dmax
81 Turbo TA
Blackbirdws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 08:15 AM   #17
slugger27nj

How many stickers are on this guy's car? If he has more than 4, I'd be concerned.

www.njboxerrescue.com
www.fassasfriendsboxerrescue.com
www.awarenessday.org
slugger27nj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 09:55 PM   #18
trashman01
15 Second Club

its funnier when they talk **** bout a truck then proceed to loose to said truck.

next up - 3" lift, Gutted cat/retune/muffler

Past Toys:
1983 Trans AM, 1988 Trans AM, 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Off-Road, 1986 Camaro IROC, 1984 Chevy K10 lifted, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD
trashman01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 11:27 PM   #19
Trans Aminal

Quote:
You got it
Old 06-28-2007, 11:31 PM   #20
98tadriver
10 Second Club; Has fan club

Quote:
btw you have most likely a high 12 second car, which isnt tooo hard in a turbo or properly built na honda

i ran high 12s with just a lid and a catback, and mid 12s with his mods on street tires. i think he will do fine, as long as they dont have 2 big bottles of naaawwwzzz hooked up to their cars

2001 Corvette, Bolt ons , tuned 10.75@124.56 mph 1.38 60' Sold

1997 Saturn Sc1 5spd DOHC swapped
Bolt ons, decked head, stock intake cam on exhaust side, lotsa weight redux
13.22@102.32 mph 1.93 60'
12's on moda? One day
98tadriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 11:33 PM   #21
Trans Aminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet99Z View Post
Race them. unless one of those cars is seriously stripped down, well built, and has wrinkle wall slicks on the front, I would not worry about it. I cant even count how many times I have been into a pack of ricers talking **** and when it comes down to it, they all have slow cars and cant drive. Most likely your dealing with a couple of 14 second cars that "feel Fast" compared to mommy's mini van. The thing is however, even if one of those cars is fast, it is still just a pos honda.
Thats exactly how I see it. There is no way a 2400lb FWD car is going to be able to put down 268WHP to the road, its just not happening. Traction is not on their side.

The one kid is actually one of my co-workers (he's a moron btw, has a 92 hatch with swap, ran a 17.9 at best ) and he claims the said "k20 type r" in the non-gutted hatch ran an 11.3 on street tires. I immediately called , as did my friend who also works there, there is no way thats happening.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:36 PM   #22
Trans Aminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba428 View Post
hmmm island.....I'll let you know when my "little" project is running and I'll make the damn ricers cry...
Sounds good, let me know
Old 06-28-2007, 11:42 PM   #23
Trans Aminal

Quote:
Really...is that why I see 90% of the motor swapped Hondas running 14's??

And the few that actually do make it into the low 13's, high 12's usually have between $10,000 and $20,000 invested in the motor alone.

I also think its absolutely pathetic that every Honda short of the S2K and NSX needs and engine swap to be fast. Thats just plain embarassing, IMO.

I hope run better than high 12's, bone stock the car runs low 13's. My major mods are the Z06 (LS6) intake, 4.10 gears, and Long Tube headers with true dual exhaust with an H pipe, 3" stepped down to 2.5" over the axle with straight through, zero restriction Magnaflow mufflers. I'll be getting it tuned as soon as I have a chance as well. I'm hoping for somewhere around 12.7 when all is said and done.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:53 PM   #24
unstable bob gable
American Road Warrior

Angry

Quote:
Quote:
You got it
Very good. I'll tell ya what...I'm due for a trip to H D J's in the near future. I'll give you a holla, and I'll roll up to the W B in my 73 AMX. And I'll hit those Ricers with a 'lil bet...I'll whip out a G note, and my buddy Louie VilleSlugger. If a ricer can beat me, he gets the G note. But if I win, me and Mr Slugger do a 'lil SMASH! POW! BAM! on the lozer ricer mobile. Sound like fun?

Old 06-28-2007, 11:56 PM   #25
unstable bob gable
American Road Warrior

Angry

Quote:
Close minded?? No. I know what the engines are capable of, as stated, this car is "supposed" to be making 268WHP.

There is a big difference between not liking them and being "close minded", I know what "they can do", yet my personal opinion is that they are pieces of **** in general.
It's pretty simple. Some things just plain SUCK! Like having yer beer go flat, hitting some big azz potholes and bending yer rims, getting crap on yer hand when ya wipe yerself, and RICERS!

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge