Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Classified Forums > Classifieds Forums > For Sale - Vehicles

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 06:48 PM   #1
V
Stalker

1981 Pontiac Formula $2,000 obo

1981 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Asking $2,000 obo, **looking for a fast sale**

400 Pontiac engine, 1978 (numbers will be confirmed by request)
4 speed Saginaw manual transmission
1978 GM 10 bolt rear, 3.73 posi rear, 3” rear shackle lift and shock spacer
Dealer installed sun-roof
Silver Vinyl Interior
Blue carpeting
1978 front nose
Late 80’s cross lace Trans Am wheels (sanded to a silver front finish)

Needs:
Tires
Weather-stripping
Door hinge repair kit
Brake proportioning valve
Heater core
Door handle
Power door lock actuators (work intermittently)
Power window motors (slow)
Some rust and rot as seen in pictures

This car belongs to a good close friend of mine. He has owned it since around 1999/2000.
It originally had a Pontiac 301 motor. Another friend of ours had a 1978 Formula in which he had a rebuilt 6.6L motor. The friend bought his car and swapped the motor and rear into this ’81 Formula. Possibly he swapped the transmission from it too. That’s also where he got the ’78 nose.
Car comes with rear louvers in silver, and the driver’s door from the ‘78(green), and the rear clip cut off the 78 in case you wanted to swap a ’78 style rear bumper and taillights onto the ’81. “78 rear bumper and taillights are included as well. But modification to the tail panel is required, that’s why you get the cut off section. Also comes with the ’81 front bumper which needs repair to the passenger side front.

PLEASE LOOK CLOSELY AT ALL PICTURES, I did my best to get shots of the most questionable areas.

This car was built the way it is when we were much younger, so yes, some stuff is cheesy and not in the best taste, but it’s a very solid start to what would be a great project.

Car runs and drives. It’s been in storage in a garage for the last 5 years. Last weekend my friend went over it, and did what was needed to get it running. It starts up and idles fine. He even took it to get fresh gas with no issues. Car odometer shows “46,xxx”, could be 146k, or even 46k… we are not sure and he has yet to check the title. As for the motor, mileage on it is unknown as well but couldn’t be much(rebuilt 3-4 years prior to the swap).

You can PM/IM/email me with questions which I’ll try to answer myself and I will also provide the owners contact info at that time. Car is located in Closter NJ 07624.

The reason for sale is that he is moving out of state with his family in a few weeks and doesn’t want to leave it in his parents’ garage any longer.

http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d5...981%20Formula/

There are 99 photos in that photobucket album....

Last edited by V; 04-11-2011 at 07:20 PM.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:52 PM   #2
procamaroz28

pm sent

BLK 07 CTS M6 2.8
Closed Thread

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Classified Forums > Classifieds Forums > For Sale - Vehicles