Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-14-2005, 08:29 PM   #26
LS1LT1
11 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28
Everyone goes through the Wrangler stage of thier car life. I wanted one, and im sure that everyone here has wanted one or will want one.
Yup, I love Wranglers, 4WD for the winter/snow and off roading and convertible top for the summer cruise. 8)
LS1LT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 09:13 PM   #27
Ian
Banned Camp Director Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL8Jeff
If you're just looking for a 4x4 that the top comes off of, get an older Bronco or Scout.
Scouts are indestructable!!!!
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 10:43 PM   #28
camaroracer1992
10 Second Club

i had a 94 wrangler that i lifted 7 inches with a bodylift/suspension lift combo and had 35's on it. you bounced the piss and brains out of yoruslef riding in it, mileage sucked (even when stock tires were on it), and the drivetrain is marginal at best. i bought an extended warranty and thank god i had it, i sunk 4 lifters and toasted 4 valves in the heads. oh and another thing. if you dont drive it enough to get it very hot you will eat a catalytic convertor EVERY year, i never paid em cause that was an emission control device and covered under my warranty but they are fun, but only for liek the 5 good months of hte year, theyre scarry as piss on ice and snow if they start to slide theres no way to correct them at all
camaroracer1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 07:46 AM   #29
JL8Jeff
Hippy Mod, Bergermeister Meisterberger, Moderator

I watched a guy with a Wrangle and a snow plow do a complete 720 right in front of me on I95 one day. He hit the snow between the lanes of traffic and that Jeep went around twice. I was lucky as hell because I was watching him all over the road so I had already started to change lanes when it happened. He's lucky there wasn't an 18 wheeler behind him. I was in my Toyota 4x4 and had no problems.
Old 02-15-2005, 09:11 AM   #30
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVIL90SS
hey dick, i didnt say it was my jeep...i just said its was bad ass...plus...your blazer was a pile of ****, well...if you could call it a blazer
My rustbucket blazer still knocked you on your ass when you tried to dropkick it

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 04:17 PM   #31
Jclt12003

my jeep has 224K on it it's a 92 wrangler 4.0 5 speed never had a problem i like it alot it's amazing went through 18+ inches of snow not even a problem. I wheel sometimes not to big into it but sometimes i'll go overall i like it you just can't be stupid with it and try taking turns like you would with an Fbody IMO if you roll it you should not be driving any car on the road
1997 camaro Z28 30th anniversary edition T-tops, M6, fully forged 355, Ported stock heads, Gm847, Pacesetter ceramic coated long tubes, ORY, Magnaflow Cat back, Comp Cams 1.6r's, GMHP guide plates, Comp Cam chromoly pushrods, 10 degree locks and seats, 918 valve springs, P&P stock heads, Lou's short stick, MBA Z28 shift knob, Clear corners,

2001 Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L v8 H.O quadradrive, Leather, sun roof, interior cold cathods

Jclt12003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 09:02 AM   #32
1337jeeper

ah, finally, a question on something i know a good bit about....

the wranglers are great vehicles.....depending on who you talk to.

i drove and wheeled an '88 wrangler, 2.5 4 banger, 5 speed. 200k on the odo, in rough shape.

they dont handle all that great. the older YJ's are leaf springs, so you'll feel the bumps when you hit them. if you're hoping for a plush ride....you will be sorely mistaken.

the steering, at least compared to my WJ, seemed very slow. i did a u-turn when wheeling, felt like i'd never stop turning the wheel.

if you end up getting a YJ (86-97 i believe), and it is a 2.5 model, AVOID THE PEUGEOT 5 SPEED MANUAL. dont mess around with me on this- the poo-got tranny is a heap. i'm not sure if the one i drove had the peugot trans or the jeep AX-5, but it had very long gear throws and a good bit of slop. however, despite driving in the middle of the Pine Barrens of Jackson, i was able to find every single gear every time. i'm pretty sure it's almost impossible to miss a shift, the gates are simply that far from one another. if you do end up with one with the peugot trans, plan on swapping it, because it will most likely **** the bed on you , and parts for them are not cheap.

overall though, they are VERY fun to drive. i'd own one in a heartbeat. and chances are my next jeep will be a TJ with a 5 speed manual. the engines are bulletproof, provided simple maintenance is done. by the way, the 4 cylinder is gutless.

\'02 Honda 250ex- Maxxis Razrs on Douglass .190 rims, custom velocity stack intake w/ UNI air filter, Pro Circuit Header, Pro Circuit T-4, 2 inch endcap, No spark arrestor, no quiet core, rejetted carb.....Turbo in the works
\'84 Honda Z50R- lots of new parts, new QA50 engine....sold 8/15/04
1337jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge