Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-18-2007, 04:22 PM   #26
Blacdout96

Well I saw a Chevron B-23 lose its rim just like that, right at the lip, clean off. They were practicing at Laguna and all of a sudden the cars slowed down and ended the session, I didnt know why, so I come around turn 5 adn there he was sitting in the middle of the track, so i got it on video of the car being loaded on the tow truck ad the mechanic comes runnign up to the fence on a scooter and we talked for a littel adn I asked him what happened, he said the rim just fell apart, so I followed them to their tent and got footage of them lookign at it, it came clean off!!! adn it was a magnesium rim too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
Uh yeah, after they surprized buttsecks us at Pearl Harbor?
Blacdout96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 08:00 PM   #27
DaSkinnyGuy

Hey as long as you have some type of proof of where you got these rims from you can take this to the BBB about your product defect of the rim and how it damaged your car maybe you can get some money out of it.
2000 Pewter Trans am, M6, SLP Lid,LS6 intake,Kooks 1 7/8" Long tube header,Classic Chambered Powersticks, hurst,off road X-pipe, Strano springs & Koni's, Monster level 2 clutch, HPtuners wide band tuned and a homemade ram air box sealed off.
DaSkinnyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 11:49 PM   #28
matt01Z28

to answer a lot of questions (I havent been on recently ... going on car forum websites kinda depresses me still) I did get some $$ .. I paid 10 for the car put about 8 in and got like 12 the insurance company paid off my loan for 4(what was left) and now after saving a little im up to 9 grand .. but they did pave the road but like 3 days after the accident so them paving wasnt an issue and it also covered all and any evidence of all or any potholes .. I do not think I hit a pothole (didnt feel it) but i might have run something over (again not sure) I am looking at a 2000 BMW Z3 Roadster. When I had my camaro I got soooooo much attention. As you all can tell the camaro was real gaudy but i got mainly bad attn from police. ive grown to hate police because I have NEVER had a good encounter with one. Ive always had cocky ass ones who "know" that I was racing and "know" that i was speeding and driving recklessly and accelerating too fast. Ive had so many BS tickets it is ridiculous that i why im not looking at another F-Body. My heart wants one, but my brain is telling me no
Sick Paint Job; Drilled/slotted rotors; Painted Calipers
Black TTM 2 17x9.5 2 17x10.5;2 275,40,17 ;2 315,35,17
Future Mods: SLP Cold Air Intake, Small shot of nitrous, headers, catted y, Stereo System(debatable)
matt01Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 12:14 AM   #29
matt01Z28

copied post from another website might have some same info as above post*

as much as i want another muscle car i dont. My camaro was sooo gaudy and flashy that i got in soooo much **** from the cops. As much fun as i had in the car i was always so scared to drive it (even normally not beatin on it) because cops would give me tickets for no reason what so ever i.e. Accelerating too fast, racing(which i wasnt), 3 careless driving, one reckless driving, like EVERY SINGLE TICKET WAS COMPLETE ********. and because im a 19 yr old kid cops dont give a **** they figure i can afford the car and gas i can afford 50 points in tickets it pisses me off cuz theres so many bad jerk off drivers out there and im the one that gets caught the one with the nice car that i put all my time and effort into (ok im done ranting)
Future Mods: SLP Cold Air Intake, Small shot of nitrous, headers, catted y, Stereo System(debatable)
Old 12-21-2007, 07:02 AM   #30
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Sucks. Based on your posts, it might be smart to take a break from fast cars. Get your licnse back in shape,etc. The bug will bite you again in a few years. Good luck.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 08:23 AM   #31
chrisfrom nj

sorry about your camaro your lucky you got out of it ok
chrisfrom nj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 02:05 PM   #32
matt01Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
Sucks. Based on your posts, it might be smart to take a break from fast cars. Get your licnse back in shape,etc. The bug will bite you again in a few years. Good luck.

that's what i need to do and if not take a break from fast cars get a sleeper hah

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge