Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > SEMA Action Network and Automotive Legislation

Notices

Old 03-19-2014, 07:46 PM   #26
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

email sent .

and to clarify the above question. it is illegal to operate a NJ registered automobile/car in this state without both a front and a rear plate, for sure. it is NJ 39:3-33 and states

39:3-33. Unclear / Fictitious Plates

39:3-33. The owner of an automobile which is driven on the public highways of this State shall display not less than 12 inches nor more than 48 inches from the ground in a horizontal position, and in such a way as not to swing, an identification mark or marks to be furnished by the division; provided, that if two marks are issued they shall be displayed on the front and rear of the vehicle; and...provided, further, that if only one mark is issued it shall be displayed on the rear of the vehicle; and provided, further, that the rear identification mark may be displayed more than 48 inches from the ground on tank trucks, trailers and other commercial vehicles carrying inflammable liquids and on sanitation vehicles which are used to collect, transport and dispose of garbage, solid wastes and refuse. Motorcycles shall also display an identification mark or marks; provided, that if two marks are issued they shall be displayed on the front and rear of the motorcycle; and provided, further, that if only one mark is issued it shall be displayed on the rear of the motorcycle.

IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:40 AM   #27
The BIG Show

E-mail sent. (Not that it will do any good. Law enforcement lobby will never let the front plate go no matter how many trees it may save. Sigh.)

One sure-fire way of beating inspections is to have a 25+ year old ride with QQ plates. No inspection required, and I believe a 7500 yearly limit (which is just fine for me, the LeSabre just sits and will be going into storage soon anyway). I wonder, however, with no inspection, who would check the miles?

OR.........you could just ship it 2500 miles away and stick it in a garage under a cover and forget foogedabowdit. LOL!
Old 10-12-2014, 10:38 PM   #28
ThoR294
^^^Lover of bad cars^^^ Meet Coordinator

Any update on this??? My bird will never have a front plate lol and I've passed with no warnings...
2003 Toyota Matrix XRS M6 - Lol
ThoR294 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > SEMA Action Network and Automotive Legislation