Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Classified Forums > Classifieds Forums > Wanted To Buy - Automotive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2016, 12:17 PM   #1
V
Stalker

3rd gen bare chassis (NOT to rebuild)

I am looking for a 82-92 chassis to use for two things. First I may want to use the driver side upper frame section as a replacement on my car so that front corner must be good and rust free. Then I also need the back half for mock-up/repair of my hatches. 1/4s can be shot and floor pan can be rusted, I just need the back 1/4s to be square and not damaged from a rear end accident.

I'd take half a car if one is already cut across at the doors. Or I'll come out and cut it myself if the front was crashed. I'd prefer a NON-accident car just to ensure the unibody is straight and square though.

Pictures are a must.

a FIREBIRD is preferred, but a camaro could work.
Old 03-27-2016, 12:45 PM   #2
Dudbird113

How much you looking to spend?
Old 03-27-2016, 01:04 PM   #3
V
Stalker

100 bucks maybe. If it has more parts than just a bare shell I'd be willing to go more, but that depends on what others parts, condition, and demand. Not looking at spending more than 500 in any case though.

Considering scrap is around 2-3 cents/lb and a rusted chassis may weigh in at 800lbs max, a bare chassis is only worth like 16 bucks to someone and they would still probably have to pay to get it to a scrap yard. So 100 is a good price.
Closed Thread

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Classified Forums > Classifieds Forums > Wanted To Buy - Automotive