Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Appearance

Notices

Old 10-14-2005, 04:21 PM   #1
jola

body work people, hit me up with some knowledge

ok, i would love to paint my car over the summer. i've never done body work, i don't own a garage (but i probably could use my grandma's, she's usually nice to me), but i'd like to learn as much as possible. would it be wise/feasible/financially possible for me to do the prep work myself? is there a lot of possibility that i could really screw up my car? what are the basic steps involved? i believe my car has been repainted, and the clear is chipping in several places, and there is also spray-on clear coat on my door. do i have to sand these down to the metal/plastic? there are also a few dents that i have to get taken out, but i don't think i could do that myself. learn me good people.

95 3.4L Firebird
jola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 07:09 AM   #2
BLACKZ28

YAH MAN YOU CAN DO THE PREP WORK YOUR SELF AND IF YOU HAVE A STEDDY HAND YOU COULD EVEN DO ALL THE WORK YOURSELF AND IF YOU NEED ANY HELP WITH DIRECTIONSON HOW TO START JUST PM ME

" NITROUS INJECTED " small block
BLACKZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Appearance