Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning

Notices

Old 09-04-2010, 12:46 AM   #26
V
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherburner View Post
There's a reason for that...
And also the most threads of "my maggie bearings went" and everyones favorite... "strange noise, not supercharger whine"
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 08:24 AM   #27
Slow-V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by V View Post
And also the most threads of "my maggie bearings went" and everyones favorite... "strange noise, not supercharger whine"
Nice. That can be said about any supercharger though.

What type of supercharger kit are you looking at? Procharger, Vortech?
1998 Corvette Convertible, Vararam Intake+Power Duct, Fast 90/90, Ti Axleback..12.8@110
2003 Cobra Convertible 10th Anniversary
http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6
Local car cruise schedule..
http://www.cliffscalendar.com/

Last edited by Slow-V6; 09-04-2010 at 08:30 AM.
Slow-V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 08:33 AM   #28
V
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow-V6 View Post
Nice. That can be said about any supercharger though.
true, but you get my point, its been done, plus with the M112 unit, it limits power up top. They are all whining that they want a TVS style supercharger designed for the ls6.

Personally, i hate the look of the maggie, it looks so out of place IMO. plus to upgrade it with a 90MM snout would cost another couple hundred bucks.

still for half the price, i can make something "I can take credit for". Which is a huge deal to me. Anyone can buy a kit or pay a shop. I am not that way, i like showing my skills by creating and such. THis idea may be lost on some of you, but i bet a few of you guys can relate... you want something all your own, that you built... A one of a kind.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 09:11 AM   #29
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

oh we get it.......we're just waiting for pics!
Old 09-04-2010, 12:00 PM   #30
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:

still for half the price, i can make something "I can take credit for". Which is a huge deal to me. Anyone can buy a kit or pay a shop. I am not that way, i like showing my skills by creating and such. THis idea may be lost on some of you, but i bet a few of you guys can relate... you want something all your own, that you built... A one of a kind.
Totally. I can definetly relate. If it screws up and you have to let the idea pass it's not a whole ton of money you will be out. You know the risks invovled.

But it pays to hear every opinion/idea. That will help you from overlooking stuff.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 12:17 PM   #31
Slow-V6

Quote:
true, but you get my point, its been done, plus with the M112 unit, it limits power up top. They are all whining that they want a TVS style supercharger designed for the ls6.

Personally, i hate the look of the maggie, it looks so out of place IMO. plus to upgrade it with a 90MM snout would cost another couple hundred bucks.

I understand what you are saying completely. I had a 450hp V6 Firebird.. The only thing is its not like your putting a supercharger on a Mustang were everyone has one. Its a CTS-V which in its self is pretty rare to see yet alone it having any kind of supercharger on it. Its a top of the line Caddy.

I had a buddy Stefan back in the day that had a 98 V6 Firebird. 12secondV6 knows him as well. He put a Procharger on his car in 2000. It was a LT1 Kit that he made work on his 3.8. The car was very original but never stayed running for very long due to issues with the custom install. We had to send the blower in 2 times to get it rebuilt, The belt was always slipping, and it was just a PITA to get it to run good with it. He was one of the 1st if not the 1st that put a LT1 supercharger kit on his V6. Overall he spent way to much money on his setup were he could have just bought a LS1 motor. I think he was dissapointed in it towards the end.
1998 Corvette Convertible, Vararam Intake+Power Duct, Fast 90/90, Ti Axleback..12.8@110
2003 Cobra Convertible 10th Anniversary
http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6
Local car cruise schedule..
http://www.cliffscalendar.com/

Last edited by Slow-V6; 09-04-2010 at 12:19 PM.
Slow-V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:21 AM   #32
r0nin89

So I like the concept but the whole totally custom brackets thing raises the question of your fabrication skills and what tools you posses.

Dont feel like I'm trying to patronize you but just thinking off the top of my head your going to need a drill press, a mill, tig welder, full access to air tools since its a bitch to cut/grind aluminum with an angle grinder, a plasma would help a ton, and I'm sure stuff I'm missing.

Thats talking aluminum. Now if you wanted to go steel you could probably get by with a cheap little flux core welder (MIG would be much better of course), drill press, and an angle grinder.

O and dont forget small heim joints with a reverse thread on one end and a keyed center link make great adjustable bracket links.

I'm really hoping to see you go through with this and post LOTS of picture

If I was you though I'd start redesigning my entire accessory setup to move everything up as high as you can and away as far as you can from where you decide the SC is going. That way you give yourself much more too work with.

94 2wd SBSC Gmt400. 330CI LSX, Fast 102, Trickflow 205s, close ratio nv3500, 4.30/trutrac.
r0nin89 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning