Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-10-2006, 03:47 AM   #51
Jersey_TA
10 Second Club

I've been to almost every country in Europe and I've felt completely safe everywhere we went. The only places I have not felt safe is the 4 middle eastern coutries that I have been to. I am the farthest thing from being racist, just voicing my experiences. We get security briefings and intel about every country we fly into before and after we are there and let me tell you, they don't care what race you are. If you are american you're in danger of something happening to you.

I don't care what race you are, if you look suspicious to someone in security you're getting searched. Plain and simple. I'm not saying profiling is right or wrong. They both have pros and cons depending on who you talk to.

Just try to think of what this world would be like if the U.S. stayed out of everyone's affairs and let them fend for themselves like some countries are doing today. I personally believe the government needs to start trying to fix the problems this country has before it goes off trying to fix another country's.

We are at war in Iraq and against terrorism. Try to keep that in mind. I was deployed to Spain for an exercise for september 11th and was woken up in the middle of the day to be told that my country that I love and respect was under attack by cowards that took thousands of innocent lives....and for what? because they hated us? Because some coward that hides in a cave tells them to? I am never going to forget what those terrorists did to our nation that day.
2000 T/A WS6 - 11.190 @ 119.79...SOLD

Last edited by Jersey_TA; 12-10-2006 at 04:05 AM.
Jersey_TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 08:52 AM   #52
johnjzjz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey_TA View Post
I've been to almost every country in Europe and I've felt completely safe everywhere we went. The only places I have not felt safe is the 4 middle eastern coutures that I have been to. I am the farthest thing from being racist, just voicing my experiences. We get security briefings and Intel about every country we fly into before and after we are there and let me tell you, they don't care what race you are. If you are American you're in danger of something happening to you.

I don't care what race you are, if you look suspicious to someone in security you're getting searched. Plain and simple. I'm not saying profiling is right or wrong. They both have pros and cons depending on who you talk to.

Just try to think of what this world would be like if the U.S. stayed out of everyone's affairs and let them fend for themselves like some countries are doing today. I personally believe the government needs to start trying to fix the problems this country has before it goes off trying to fix another country's.

We are at war in Iraq and against terrorism. Try to keep that in mind. I was deployed to Spain for an exercise for September Th and was woken up in the middle of the day to be told that my country that I love and respect was under attack by cowards that took thousands of innocent lives....and for what? because they hated us? Because some coward that hides in a cave tells them to? I am never going to forget what those terrorists did to our nation that day.
very well said -- First hand knowledge is and always will be the key too truth -- ( not what someone told someone ) -- that is not the same personal experience as being their and doing it -- Seeing is believing -- jz
johnjzjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 10:02 AM   #53
1_Hot_SOM_WS6
12 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjzjz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey_TA View Post
I've been to almost every country in Europe and I've felt completely safe everywhere we went. The only places I have not felt safe is the 4 middle eastern coutures that I have been to. I am the farthest thing from being racist, just voicing my experiences. We get security briefings and Intel about every country we fly into before and after we are there and let me tell you, they don't care what race you are. If you are American you're in danger of something happening to you.

We are at war in Iraq and against terrorism. Try to keep that in mind. I was deployed to Spain for an exercise for September Th and was woken up in the middle of the day to be told that my country that I love and respect was under attack by cowards that took thousands of innocent lives....and for what? because they hated us? Because some coward that hides in a cave tells them to? I am never going to forget what those terrorists did to our nation that day.
very well said -- First hand knowledge is and always will be the key too truth -- ( not what someone told someone ) -- that is not the same personal experience as being their and doing it -- Seeing is believing -- jz
Yeah, I agree. Very well stated Rob.
Old 12-10-2006, 10:02 AM   #54
Knipps

I was in Spain about to board an overnight train in the summer of 05 when we heard about the subway attacks in London..

that was discomforting but i could only imagine how much worse it would have been if i was in the middle east

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
dumbass.
Knipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 10:14 AM   #55
Ian
Banned Camp Director Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972LT1
Radical Muslims suicide bomb, radical Christians bomb abortion clinics....Murder is wrong in every religion unless it's in the name of god
so if I believe god wants me to bomb a preschool, thats okay?

I'm a little confused because murder is never okay.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 11:34 AM   #56
Frosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972LT1
Radical Muslims suicide bomb, radical Christians bomb abortion clinics....Murder is wrong in every religion unless it's in the name of god

He's being sarcastic. He's saying that in every religion murder is wrong yet somehow it's ok if the murder is comitted in the name of God.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)

Last edited by Frosty; 12-10-2006 at 11:34 AM.
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 11:54 AM   #57
qwikz28
13 Second Club / Moderator

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
Quote:

He's being sarcastic. He's saying that in every religion murder is wrong yet somehow it's ok if the murder is comitted in the name of God.
did you know, in Christianity, somebody actually made guidelines on how to wage a "holy war?" i'm not sure i buy it but i think its pretty damn interesting. (i think it was thomas aquinas now that i think of it actually)

edit: i was right, it was thomas aquinas: http://ethics.sandiego.edu/Books/Tex...s/JustWar.html

Last edited by qwikz28; 12-10-2006 at 11:56 AM.
qwikz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 01:26 PM   #58
Frosty

Another wacky bastid. lol
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Old 12-10-2006, 01:28 PM   #59
johnjzjz

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwikz28 View Post
Quote:

did you know, in Christianity, somebody actually made guidelines on how to wage a "holy war?" i'm not sure i buy it but i think its pretty damn interesting. (i think it was thomas aquinas now that i think of it actually)

edit: i was right, it was thomas aquinas: http://ethics.sandiego.edu/Books/Tex...s/JustWar.html
And that was happening at a time when the then Italians were throwing anyone how might have been Christian to the Lions ( Friday night at the arena )=== and now the pope lives their wow -- go figure -- jz
johnjzjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 08:25 PM   #60
Ian

Quote:
Quote:

ah okay. I was hoping that was the case
Old 12-10-2006, 09:13 PM   #61
jola

Profiling to an extent is ok. Arabs have been the most active terrorists as of late and they use public transportation as their means of destruction? Well then, ok, maybe keep an eye out for it at train stations, airports, blah blah. To sacrifice American ideals for safety, however, is ill-advised. I think it would be wise to keep in mind the fear of government that many, if not all, of our founding fathers had in mind when establishing this country. Giving up freedom for safety is a risky proposition. Those of you who encourage such actions have more faith in government then I do.

95 3.4L Firebird
jola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 09:59 PM   #62
Frosty

Quote:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
So true, funny how a 231yr old quote can ring true in todays day and age.

Last edited by Frosty; 12-10-2006 at 10:01 PM.
Old 12-10-2006, 10:17 PM   #63
Ian

ben franklin was a man wise beyond his years.
Old 12-10-2006, 10:44 PM   #64
Knipps

yep.

Quote:
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to prosper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
dumbass.
Knipps is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge