Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > General Tech

Notices

Old 09-24-2010, 12:05 PM   #26
Whiplash Performance

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298574

That guy already made one for a BMW.
www.intensewhiplash.com
Whiplash Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 12:09 PM   #27
V
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiplash Performance View Post
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298574

That guy already made one for a BMW.

exactly what im going for, but for Cadillacs. hmm

Last edited by V; 09-24-2010 at 12:09 PM.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 07:19 AM   #28
creeper

what about just having your spare tire remounted with the sensors inside? fill it to whatever psi you need, and just mount it in the stock location

might weigh a little more than a box but it wouldn't be as weird looking hahah

|2000 Trans Am|T56 swap|Bolt Ons| Suspension|
creeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 11:43 AM   #29
V
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeper View Post
what about just having your spare tire remounted with the sensors inside? fill it to whatever psi you need, and just mount it in the stock location
the system works off reading each sensor by position which you need to program. kinda hard to program them when they are inside a tire. i probably wont have to relearn them if i use my original sensors, but i still face the issue of the inertia circuit when moving, and then makes the spare useless, and as it is, most V's dont even carry a spare since stock they never came with one. (and a base cts spare wont bolt onto the V) I have an oem rim/tire i bought from another V as my spare which barely fits in the trunk well. so overall that idea isnt very feasible.

these cars have been around for over 6 years now and no one has effectively tackled this issue. I will.

Last edited by V; 09-25-2010 at 11:44 AM.
Old 09-25-2010, 12:24 PM   #30
BigAls87Z28

I did not know that the TPMS played with stability control?!?! Wow...
Old 09-25-2010, 04:50 PM   #31
V
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
I did not know that the TPMS played with stability control?!?! Wow...

yup. And i went through the diagrams, seems There's a radio antenna module that picks up the TMP sensor signals which then feeds a rear integration module, from there forward, all connections are through serial data, no way to intercept the TPMS signal. HPtuners obviously cant touch it since its in the BCM apparently, so no luck there.

Im trying to find the frequency of the RF signal that the sensors produce and ill looking into recreating that signal artificially, which seems to be very complicated. So other idea is opening a stock sensor and integrating my own inertia circuit(ive already sourced switches). then locating that sensor(all 4 actually) in a contained pressure vessel... thats what im working on now...
Old 09-25-2010, 06:04 PM   #32
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

can you stick two monitors per front wheel or are the receivers above each wheel well? can you somehow rig the rear system to the front then?

edit: looks like it uses the rear window antenna for the receiver. i doubt it actually knows the position of the sensor so as long as they are all in a learned position, i don't see why you couldn't secure a sensor inside of each front wheel. just gotta do it with some damn good glue

that or somehow creating a false atmosphere around the sensor in the rear wheels. something like a baloon or even a small box like you were saying that had the correct pressure. just gotta figure a way of filling that or the tire. drill a new valve?

Last edited by sweetbmxrider; 09-25-2010 at 06:10 PM.
sweetbmxrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 06:09 PM   #33
V
Stalker

all sensors go to the antenna by the rear window, to learn them you go through a procedure and release some air out of each tire in a certain order and thats how the car knows each location, so it basically needs to see all 4 or its a no go.
Old 09-25-2010, 06:11 PM   #34
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

yeah i edited. so long as the sensors are already learned, i don't see why you couldn't secure them inside the front wheels.
Old 09-25-2010, 06:20 PM   #35
V
Stalker

that is an idea, but once again, not feasible just for everytime you wanna go to the track.

my goal is something you can almost switch on when you like with the ability to revert to stock setup with a quick relearn.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:15 AM   #36
BigAls87Z28

This reminds me that recently, someone hacked into the signal that the TPMS broadcasts in, and started playing with the DIC. I believe it was some sort of college kids that did it for a class.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:33 AM   #37
V
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
This reminds me that recently, someone hacked into the signal that the TPMS broadcasts in, and started playing with the DIC. I believe it was some sort of college kids that did it for a class.
if theres any possibility you remember who/where it was, lemme know and ill try to contact them.

edit: nevermind just found out it was Rutgers and also U of south Carolina groups.

i highly doubt theyll give out the info i need, dam it.

they used a laptop, free software, programmable radio transmitter, and a "specialized circuit".

edit #2: nevermind, i have just saved a copy of their full paper/report on the topic..... i love the internet.

Last edited by V; 09-26-2010 at 08:44 AM.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:19 PM   #38
r0nin89

As far as the box goes its not hard for a decent welder to make a vessel that will hold pressure. 32psi is nothing.

As for tapping it your going to need to have bungs welded into. The material specs to hold 32psi are simply to thin to tap.

94 2wd SBSC Gmt400. 330CI LSX, Fast 102, Trickflow 205s, close ratio nv3500, 4.30/trutrac.
r0nin89 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > General Tech