Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > SEMA Action Network and Automotive Legislation

Notices

Old 09-12-2013, 11:00 PM   #1
BonzoHansen
Admin.

5th Annual Collector Car Appreciation Day to be Celebrated July 11, 2014

5th Annual Collector Car Appreciation Day to be Celebrated July 11, 2014
The SEMA Action Network (SAN) announced that the next Collector Car Appreciation Day will be celebrated on July 11, 2014. The date will mark the fifth consecutive commemoration in what is now an annual event to raise awareness of the vital role automotive restoration and collection plays in American society. A recap of the 2013 festivities is highlighted in the new issue of Driving Force featured on the right.
“With the 2013 celebration now behind us, car enthusiasts and related businesses can begin planning open houses, car cruises, club gatherings and educational events to mark the 2014 commemoration” said SEMA Vice President of Government Affairs Steve McDonald. “The passion for the collector car hobby that continues to be demonstrated by SAN members nationwide is most clearly evident in this special day.”(Read more)

Legislative Front Lines

Click here for the complete list of Legislative Alerts
SEMA SAN Strike Force

One in a long list of vehicles cared for by the Deutschman family, this 1972 Plymouth Satellite Regent Wagon was bestowed with an Historic Preservation of Original Features award by the Antique Automobile Club of America (AACA) in 2012

Veteran gearhead and SAN member Ben Deutschman of Metuchen, New Jersey, credits his family’s 1960 Plymouth Savoy for igniting his automotive flame. “After my first engine rebuiliding attempt, I began to piece back together the Slant-Six-powered 4-door sedan in 1974,” Ben proudly explains of the Mopar his father bought new on June 13, 1960. Years later, he became active in our hobby’s legislative battles after witnessing the increased difficulties posed to vintage motor vehicles by new Inspection and Maintenance (I/M) emissions testing methods. As a published author and member of several car clubs, Ben has fought alongside like-minded enthusiasts to voice concerns to his lawmakers long before the Internet age. “If I spoke up for myself, not only would I benefit from fighting for my rights as a vehicle owner but others would as well,” said Deutschman. He continues to be involved with organizing several automotive events: the New York/New Jersey Slant-Six Club of America’s 26th Annual Fall Meet coming up on October 6; the 2013 NJ Trans Am/All Pontiac Run on October 19; and the 5th Annual Metuchen Rescue Squad Benefit Car-Truck-Motorcycle Show to be held next year on August 10, 2014. The automotive community at large applauds your years of service to this pastime, Ben. Stay on the throttle!

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > SEMA Action Network and Automotive Legislation