Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > NJFBOA Forums > Site Sponsor and Group Purchases

Notices

Old 02-09-2016, 02:28 PM   #1
Paul Huryk

Updates/What's New at CTW Motorsports

We have been so busy the last few months that we finally have a chance to catch up and tell everyone whats going on:

We moved our shop from a rented space in Hillsborough Q3 2015 to a home we purchased in Bridgewater. Pluses are zero commute and much lower overhead. We are fully operational at our new location.

On the performance product offering front, our distributors have added the following brands which make plenty of parts for F-Bodies: FAST, Comp Cams, and Zex (all part of the Comp Cams family). Call us with your needs with these brands and we can quote prices and time for delivery.

We have also been working on expanding our detailing product offerings with new products and brands. We have been having some sticky issues with Chemical Guys in terms of wholesaling (we buy direct for the best pricing) and may swap that brand for Adam's in the near future. We have already spoken with Adams and if they think we are a good fit, we will be their dealer in the area. We will keep everyone updated on this. We will continue to carry Griot's Garage, Solution Finish, and will expand our Poorboys World selection this year as in the past.

As in the past, we will be putting our wheels on sale for tax season starting 2/15, with sets of wheels reduced to $1,075 plus tax (including lugs) - shipping would be additional; this is NJ pricing due to sales tax - out of state would be the same shipped to your location. Great way to spend your tax return if you are a 3rd gen owner in need of great 17" wheels. One of our sponsored CMC cars ended up being the

We also have some great news on the personal front - my wife and I welcomed a beautiful baby daughter, Sophia Gabriella into the world on December 30th. Needless to say that it has been a challenge and will probably keep us from most meets this year, but has been a blessing.
Old 02-09-2016, 03:09 PM   #2
Blackbirdws6
Lord of the rings / 10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Sounds like you are off to a good start for 2016. Congrats with the new baby girl!

Have you considered offering product demonstrations or is it a waste of time with all of the tutorials/product reviews on the web?

97 T/A Ram Air Convt
Forever dyno queen / 777rwhp 662 rwtq @ 17lbs / 10.2 @ 140

'24 Corvette Z06
17 Sierra 2500HD Dmax
81 Turbo TA
Blackbirdws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 04:28 PM   #3
Paul Huryk

Brian,

Thank you for the well wishes. Life as a first time parent has certainly been flipped around with new priorities.

In the past when customers have come to our shop for products, we have done demonstrations to show technique and also what results you can expect. Thankfully Chemical Guys has been proactive with putting their own, well produced videos online to show how their products work. Griot's, Poorboys World, and Adams don't have the number of videos that CG has - but a lot of reviews and 3rd party videos of their products works to fill in the gaps. Unfortunately when you get to product lines like P21S and Sonax, it is all enthusiasts or reviewers with videos.

Truthfully most people serious about their car's appearance do a lot of research regarding detailing/cleaning products. In my experience, it is rare that (as an example) import guys - which we do a lot of those shows, don't have at least intermediate knowledge of most products out there and pretty much know what they need/want. It becomes hilarious when I do a muscle car show with old timers that have never heard of Griot's Garage and literally have a heart attack when they see the prices. Heard this one at least 20x: $10 for a big bottle of Griot's window cleaner - are you insane? I have been using vinegar and newspaper since 1964 and my windows are perfect. Ok streakzilla you do that... LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbirdws6 View Post
Sounds like you are off to a good start for 2016. Congrats with the new baby girl!

Have you considered offering product demonstrations or is it a waste of time with all of the tutorials/product reviews on the web?
Old 02-09-2016, 04:44 PM   #4
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Great news Paul both business and personal! Congrats and well wishes for your daughter!
Old 02-09-2016, 05:33 PM   #5
ThoR294
^^^Lover of bad cars^^^ Meet Coordinator

Congrats on everything! The stuff we bought from you is working great by the way. Gritty girl is cleaning mah dirty hands real well also
2003 Toyota Matrix XRS M6 - Lol
ThoR294 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 06:01 PM   #6
6spdg37s

congrats on the kid !
6spdg37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 06:16 PM   #7
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

great news update Paul. I remember you mentioning moving out of the old shop in Hillsborough so I'm glad to hear it was a success, especially with having a baby.

I'll get in touch with you sometime in April to place an order to refill the various detailing products I am running low on.

IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 07:04 AM   #8
Mike
BadMod

I find that Adams has a ton of good info and videos but it is all on their forum. So it's another thing to burn time looking at cool stuff. Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 06:16 PM   #9
Paul Huryk

Thanks!

9 months of waiting followed by 18+ years of fun... LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdg37s View Post
congrats on the kid !
Old 02-13-2016, 06:19 PM   #10
Paul Huryk

Thanks!

We tried to find a retail space to move to, but we couldn't find a spot with the right location, size, price, and amenities to jump on - so we decided to move it into the house we were planning to buy anyway.

We will also be adding new products to the mix and (if things go to our plan), be selling product online through our e-commerce site - just need to set it all up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCZman15 View Post
great news update Paul. I remember you mentioning moving out of the old shop in Hillsborough so I'm glad to hear it was a success, especially with having a baby.

I'll get in touch with you sometime in April to place an order to refill the various detailing products I am running low on.
Old 02-13-2016, 06:22 PM   #11
Paul Huryk

Adams does in fact have some good info on their forums, but unless you order direct or through one of the small handful of authorized dealers - you will never see those products anywhere but one or two Carlisle shows.

We had ordered a few of their products with a 15% off coupon the other day to try out in the warmer weather. Some of my professional detailer friends consider it borderline junk, but paying customers asking for the brand seem to have an opposite opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
I find that Adams has a ton of good info and videos but it is all on their forum. So it's another thing to burn time looking at cool stuff. Lol
Old 02-14-2016, 09:04 AM   #12
edpontiac91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Huryk View Post
Adams does in fact have some good info on their forums, but unless you order direct or through one of the small handful of authorized dealers - you will never see those products anywhere but one or two Carlisle shows.

We had ordered a few of their products with a 15% off coupon the other day to try out in the warmer weather. Some of my professional detailer friends consider it borderline junk, but paying customers asking for the brand seem to have an opposite opinion.
I have used their Adams Brilliant Glaze and found it does add some pop when used just before a car show. This stuff is not for lasting 6 months, but does its job when used as directed. You will hear this from people that use it for their show vehicles ONLY.

1994 25th ANNIVERSARY TRANS AM GT -1
of ONLY 2,000 made/ Only 128 made with a HURST 6-Speed Manual and 91 with T-Tops and Compact Disc/ K & N Filtercharger/Magnaflow Performance Muffler/Air Foil- ORIGINAL MINT Arctic White Ultra Rare SURVIVOR. DAYTONA 500 PACE CAR Decal Kit!

SOLD: 1989 Turbo T/A in 1991 it ran 12:18@115 mph
edpontiac91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 04:32 PM   #13
edpontiac91

Just met with Paul today to purchase some automotive special item and was very impressed with his selection of Auto Detailing Supplies. If anybody needs a special product for the interior/ exterior/ undercarriage/ windows or WHATEVER, this is the MAN.

1994 25th ANNIVERSARY TRANS AM GT -1
of ONLY 2,000 made/ Only 128 made with a HURST 6-Speed Manual and 91 with T-Tops and Compact Disc/ K & N Filtercharger/Magnaflow Performance Muffler/Air Foil- ORIGINAL MINT Arctic White Ultra Rare SURVIVOR. DAYTONA 500 PACE CAR Decal Kit!

SOLD: 1989 Turbo T/A in 1991 it ran 12:18@115 mph
edpontiac91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 10:26 PM   #14
Paul Huryk

Good to see you Ed.

Indeed we do carry quite a bit of detailing products. More selection coming soon as we stock up for show season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edpontiac91 View Post
Just met with Paul today to purchase some automotive special item and was very impressed with his selection of Auto Detailing Supplies. If anybody needs a special product for the interior/ exterior/ undercarriage/ windows or WHATEVER, this is the MAN.
Old 02-15-2016, 06:48 AM   #15
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

Congrats on the little on Paul!

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > NJFBOA Forums > Site Sponsor and Group Purchases