Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Should the government bailout the American car companies?
Yes. 34 64.15%
No. 19 35.85%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-18-2008, 02:02 PM   #101
Tsar
MIR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDougWS6 View Post
i think Al's point was that if/when 3 million people lose their jobs is definitally NOT a good thing, and is a big deal. So what if a few thousand can pick up a new job, its still a situation that should be completely avoided.
Wow you should be a detective!
Tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 02:04 PM   #102
BigAls87Z28

Big 3 are about to go in front of the Sen Banking Committe.
So far everyone has come up with a different idea on how to fix this.
Problem is, last time a bunch of economic geniouses came together to save an automaker, it was Cerbreus. They were economic smartie-pants and thougth that they could take thier economic business plan and be able to make Chrysler powerful again
Wrong.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:00 PM   #103
j0n

Big 3 will go under... It is inevitable. Anyone who knows me knows how much I love GM... but this loan crap is simply going to get burned through and GM will be back to square one, with taxpayers 25bil MORE in the hole.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:40 PM   #104
BigAls87Z28

UAW Gettelfinger is up right now talking about how much they have improved over the past few years.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:41 PM   #105
BigAls87Z28

Mullaly is up now.

Wagoner is up now.

Last edited by BigAls87Z28; 11-18-2008 at 03:55 PM.
BigAls87Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:57 PM   #106
BigAls87Z28

Rick is laying it out big time. So far he has the best speach so far.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:08 PM   #107
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
Rick is laying it out big time. So far he has the best speach so far.
He would, he's got you under the table lewinski-ing him after all

Kommandant
of the ACL (Anti Canadian League)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Junk the pos, spend the money on beer, acquire headache.

Same result cept this headache doesnt last months.
Savage_Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 04:12 PM   #108
Frosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage_Messiah View Post
LMFAO
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 04:24 PM   #109
Tsar
MIR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage_Messiah View Post
Funny in bold
Old 11-18-2008, 04:42 PM   #110
Anti_Rice_Guy
The Mayor / 2009 Member of the Year / Moderator

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0n View Post
Big 3 will go under... It is inevitable. Anyone who knows me knows how much I love GM... but this loan crap is simply going to get burned through and GM will be back to square one, with taxpayers 25bil MORE in the hole.
HE LIVES AND POSTS!!!!one1one!
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
Is English your 2nd language? Did you graduate high school? Your posts make my head hurt.
Team FARM
Anti_Rice_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 04:53 PM   #111
j0n

Where do I sign up to send a letter telling them NOT to piss away 25bil?
Old 11-18-2008, 04:58 PM   #112
BigAls87Z28

Bite me stacks.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:18 PM   #113
BigAls87Z28

Chubby Bobby is getting a bit upset. As a dem, he isnt towing the line.
Shut up fatty, give them the 25 billion, and shaddap.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:28 PM   #114
SteveR
I <3 sheep

Bi~Gals, as funny as that is, j0n does have a point in there. GM is burning through 2 billion every 30 days. All a 25 billion bailout is going to do is extent their demise by 12.5 months. The only way GM is going to survive is to re-org the entire company. The question becomes, can GM trim 2 billion from its monthly expenditures? The real problem GM is facing is that with an emerging global economy, the US is getting hit by the efficiency of the European Union and the way European companies operate, whereas GM is stuck in the old US mantra of excesses and overages. If they can't adapt to a more efficient way to operate, they won't survive, 25 billion bailout or not.
'78 Big Wheel- 2FWFP
SteveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 06:02 PM   #115
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0n View Post
Where do I sign up to send a letter telling them NOT to piss away 25bil?
i agree. i hope they don't pull a "spa treatment" like those other ********. some of these people have no sense of the world and think we owe them everything. take some responsibility and turn your company around yourself!

always priceless steve
Old 11-18-2008, 06:11 PM   #116
BigAls87Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveR View Post
Bi~Gals, as funny as that is, j0n does have a point in there. GM is burning through 2 billion every 30 days. All a 25 billion bailout is going to do is extent their demise by 12.5 months. The only way GM is going to survive is to re-org the entire company. The question becomes, can GM trim 2 billion from its monthly expenditures? The real problem GM is facing is that with an emerging global economy, the US is getting hit by the efficiency of the European Union and the way European companies operate, whereas GM is stuck in the old US mantra of excesses and overages. If they can't adapt to a more efficient way to operate, they won't survive, 25 billion bailout or not.
Thing is, GM and the others have done some major revamping of thier business structure. They are looking at saving 20 billion a year come Jan 1st, 2010.
Where was this outpouring of emotion when AIG not only came up to the window once, BUT TWICE!! 50 billion at a clip, without questions!!
We are talking about supporting 3 million people with 1/2 what AIG has already burned through, and came back for more.

One thing I do know, is that I Bobby Menendez will not get my vote next time he is around.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:11 PM   #117
Tsar
MIR

Did I hear this correctly, the figure of 3 million jobs include car wash jobs lost in Detroit? Are you serious?!?!
Old 11-18-2008, 06:13 PM   #118
BigAls87Z28

Oh you are gunna listen to the WSJ guy?
3 million is an average figure that has ranged from several sources.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:15 PM   #119
SteveR
I <3 sheep

Quote:
Thing is, GM and the others have done some major revamping of thier business structure. They are looking at saving 20 billion a year come Jan 1st, 2010.
Where was this outpouring of emotion when AIG not only came up to the window once, BUT TWICE!! 50 billion at a clip, without questions!!
We are talking about supporting 3 million people with 1/2 what AIG has already burned through, and came back for more.

One thing I do know, is that I Bobby Menendez will not get my vote next time he is around.
I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but no matter what happens, if GM doesn't change the way they operate, they'll go under with our without the bailout. They seem to me to be the poster company of how not to do business in terms of wasteful spending and mismanagement.
'78 Big Wheel- 2FWFP
Old 11-18-2008, 06:15 PM   #120
Tsar
MIR

Quote:
Oh you are gunna listen to the WSJ guy?
3 million is an average figure that has ranged from several sources.
I was just listening before I have to go to class again. If it's false why don't you point me to the right figures/numbers. Otherwise I'm more likely to believe him than you.

Car wash jobs
Old 11-18-2008, 06:58 PM   #121
SteveR
I <3 sheep

I didn't read through all 5 pages so I'm not sure if anybody talked about this yet, but, the alternative that GM was quietly asking for to Paulson, was an arranged bankruptcy. They were talking about it last Monday night after the meeting GM had with Democratic leaders and financial leaders in DC. Basically it would be a pre-arranged deal where the gov allows GM to declare chap 11, and restructure the company. The negative side of it is that it would dramatically impact a lot of people. What would happen is that if it were allowed, GM could cancel and reclaim all pension money, cancel benefits, cancel contracts with the UAW, suspend warranties, and come back with a different name and they could rebuild the company as they see fit, and the implications they were talking about was a non-union workforce, to decrease costs. I'm surprised it hasn't been on the news more, but seeing how negative and purely monetary it is, it'll cast a dark light on GM if it goes through. Not sure what the politics of it are or anything, but thats what they were reporting on the news last week.
'78 Big Wheel- 2FWFP
Old 11-18-2008, 07:24 PM   #122
damon_Z

Quote:
I didn't read through all 5 pages so I'm not sure if anybody talked about this yet, but, the alternative that GM was quietly asking for to Paulson, was an arranged bankruptcy. They were talking about it last Monday night after the meeting GM had with Democratic leaders and financial leaders in DC. Basically it would be a pre-arranged deal where the gov allows GM to declare chap 11, and restructure the company. The negative side of it is that it would dramatically impact a lot of people. What would happen is that if it were allowed, GM could cancel and reclaim all pension money, cancel benefits, cancel contracts with the UAW, suspend warranties, and come back with a different name and they could rebuild the company as they see fit, and the implications they were talking about was a non-union workforce, to decrease costs. I'm surprised it hasn't been on the news more, but seeing how negative and purely monetary it is, it'll cast a dark light on GM if it goes through. Not sure what the politics of it are or anything, but thats what they were reporting on the news last week.
An arranged bankruptcy sounds perfect, Steve.

2015 Deep Black Pearl DSG GTI. For My Wife.
2006 Quicksilver Metallic M6 GTO. Holden Hybrid.
2002 Sunset Orange Metallic A4 Z28. 1SC-Stripper.
damon_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 08:11 PM   #123
Tsar
MIR

Quote:
That was not talked about, 5 pages involved me saying that printing money would be bad, because US doesn't have any and it would be irresponsible to print more. And BiGals was just sack riding GM, but that is expected of him.

I like the arranged bankruptcy thing, besides canned warranties that is.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:32 PM   #124
johnjzjz

NOW for my take on this -- and it will be blown off cause ime not in the in crowd --- the unions are the main reason for this -- 76 bucks and hour for both the 1.5 million retirees and the people still on the job and we all know the unions are in the DEMS pocket -- Reason they the left wants the bail out millions of re elect money at risk Obuddy -- thats 76 bucks an hour onto the cost of every car, and a reason the american cars are not competive in the world, the dopes who buy imports claming the american cars are junt WELL get this they cant afford to build them -- the unions have broken the backs so to speek of all 3 car companys -- soooo with GM owning 35 percent of toyojunk preamooo stock and with this looming and toyojunk turning their own stock in a downward spiral ( ya did notice the asian market all of a suddin came down nah they wouldent do that ) they will buy GM at 70 percent of its current stock total 35% is already their own and 40 cents on a dollar maybe less will be the walk out the door price, of course if your blind will believe the drive buy media and the left that its a good deal -- toyojunk is going to hostel take over GM after the bail because they will get that money not GM my take for what its worth the deal has already been struck -- jz
johnjzjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 08:55 PM   #125
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
I did, go read it!

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge