Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > Cruisers' Corner / Other Events

Notices

Old 10-16-2013, 01:03 AM   #1
coolmanvette75
12 Second Club / Bullwinkle

SEMA Show 2013

Anyone from on here gonna make the trip to Vegas this year? I just got my pass and plane tickets yesterday...
Originally Posted by Jersey Mike View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSex View Post
who is FFB?
An NJFBOA legend. Ask about him at the next meet.
coolmanvette75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:09 PM   #2
BonzoHansen
Admin.

You need to go to this while you are there: http://www.optimabatteries.com/us/en...petitors/2013/

http://optimainvitational13.eventbrite.com/3

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:54 AM   #3
Paul Huryk

Went in 2011 - if you have never been, it can definitely be overwhelming.

Unfortunately we can't go this year, but would have loved to - nothing like having every major company in the industry under one roof with all their best products on display to ask questions - or just browse...
Old 10-18-2013, 01:18 PM   #4
coolmanvette75

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
As of now I'm scheduled to fly back to Texas that morning. I'll see if my buddy wants to go and if so I'll change it to that night...
Quote:
who is FFB?
Old 11-28-2013, 12:01 PM   #5
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Matt, what did you think? Was this your first time? We thought it was very crowded thus year.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 01:01 PM   #6
coolmanvette75

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
Matt, what did you think? Was this your first time? We thought it was very crowded thus year.
Yup it was my first time there (and in Vegas in general). My dad surprised me and flew out last minute from NJ, so that was nice. I really enjoyed myself. Thought it was a great time. I had a media pass so I was able to get in early before the crowd and bring my camera in. I agree that by the middle of the day, especially on Wed and Thurs, it got REALLY packed. I met a lot of cool people and made a lot of new business contacts while I was there so I would definitely call it a success. I think it is gonna become a yearly thing for me now. I wish PRI wasnt so close to sema date wise because I would love to go there too, but I can't take that much time off work. You went? Shoulda told me, we would have met up for sure.
Quote:
who is FFB?
Old 11-29-2013, 02:29 PM   #7
Paul Huryk

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmanvette75 View Post
Yup it was my first time there (and in Vegas in general). My dad surprised me and flew out last minute from NJ, so that was nice. I really enjoyed myself. Thought it was a great time. I had a media pass so I was able to get in early before the crowd and bring my camera in. I agree that by the middle of the day, especially on Wed and Thurs, it got REALLY packed. I met a lot of cool people and made a lot of new business contacts while I was there so I would definitely call it a success. I think it is gonna become a yearly thing for me now. I wish PRI wasnt so close to sema date wise because I would love to go there too, but I can't take that much time off work. You went? Shoulda told me, we would have met up for sure.
I've been to both and have to say for the sheer spectacle of it, SEMA is the top dog.

PRI is the hardcore show for people involved with racing and motorsports - last year PRI and IMIS were separate, 2013 marks the first year they will be combined since PRI bought the other show out last year. For me PRI was 10x more relevant in terms of products, contacts, and also how a focused show is run. I'm not going to PRI this year, but want to hear how the combined show turns out.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:38 PM   #8
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Huryk View Post
I've been to both and have to say for the sheer spectacle of it, SEMA is the top dog.

PRI is the hardcore show for people involved with racing and motorsports - last year PRI and IMIS were separate, 2013 marks the first year they will be combined since PRI bought the other show out last year. For me PRI was 10x more relevant in terms of products, contacts, and also how a focused show is run. I'm not going to PRI this year, but want to hear how the combined show turns out.
Probably 2-3x the size of previous years in the orange county convention center.

Indy is very cold and the weather likely did hold some back but the show itself was huge.
foff667 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > Cruisers' Corner / Other Events