Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-12-2015, 07:11 AM   #101
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

While I agree with you, we don't know all the facts here. What was the promoting? Was it, hey, Victor is racing Mario friday night at 2 or was it banners and flyers and facebook and prizes? And just because something is going on, does not mean you have to be there to watch. That is your choice, and with that choice, there can be terrible consequences. As I have said, everyone is wrong here. Being a victim does not necessarily make you innocent. Its a tough situation but it shouldn't absolve someone of their own actions.
Old 03-12-2015, 09:33 AM   #102
transampete
9 second club

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpj35kybG_I
http://youtu.be/adXHgZRSIvQ
transampete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 10:58 AM   #103
Mike
BadMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
While I agree with you, we don't know all the facts here. What was the promoting? Was it, hey, Victor is racing Mario friday night at 2 or was it banners and flyers and facebook and prizes? And just because something is going on, does not mean you have to be there to watch. That is your choice, and with that choice, there can be terrible consequences. As I have said, everyone is wrong here. Being a victim does not necessarily make you innocent. Its a tough situation but it shouldn't absolve someone of their own actions.
Adam I think we were arguing for nothing. I agree with your position. My arguments were to the several people that seem to be taking the position that the drivers hold zero blame.

Fact of the matter is, if someone is into the street racing "culture" you will NEVER convince them that they could be wrong. And the people on the other side of the spectrum will NEVER suddenly be ok with it. This debate is much like politics in that sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 11:11 AM   #104
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Adam I think we were arguing for nothing. I agree with your position. My arguments were to the several people that seem to be taking the position that the drivers hold zero blame.

Fact of the matter is, if someone is into the street racing "culture" you will NEVER convince them that they could be wrong. And the people on the other side of the spectrum will NEVER suddenly be ok with it. This debate is much like politics in that sense.
Hahaha so I wasn't the only one getting the never ending debate feeling? Its a difficult situation and we all know the positions all parties will take, how it will play out, and what will come of it. The difficult part for me is the morality of the matter, like Jay pointed out.
Old 03-12-2015, 04:11 PM   #105
NastyEllEssWon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
Hahaha so I wasn't the only one getting the never ending debate feeling? Its a difficult situation and we all know the positions all parties will take, how it will play out, and what will come of it. The difficult part for me is the morality of the matter, like Jay pointed out.

Most likely he wont see the inside of a jail cell though. These are just scare tactics by prosecutors on a high end case where they come out, announce theyre seeking the highest and most ridiculous punishment possible to make headlines and then when it comes into court he'll most likely beat all the trumped up charges, get a suspended license, supsended sentence...do some community service and drum up some publicity for a charity, which ironically is also the same ones the prosecution supports.

in the end...it always boils down to money...same reason why this thread was started in the first place...because NHRA wasnt cashing in
NastyEllEssWon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 04:44 PM   #106
wrong generation

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post

mike i'm with adam on this one just trying to point out the fact the spectators should hold some responsiblity. never said the driver that hit them shouldnt be held to some as well. i think the only one with the "street racer" mentality is that dud idiot.
wrong generation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 03:45 PM   #107
heavy_chevy29

I like the show and watch it anytime its on. I'm just a big fan of drag racing in general.The problem with the NHRA is that when it is on tv its always on at different times and its usually only and hour or so. I don't street race because quite frankly its just easier for me to go to the track. I also feel like its best to support the local tracks. when island was closed i was concerned. the closest track i would go to other than island is 2-2 1/2 hrs away.

with that being said, i have an NHRA comp lic. I get the chassis recert every 3 years, seat belts, trans blanket, ultra bellhousing, window net and the NHRA membership every 2 years. I also get the ******** NHRA physical every 2 years. these are all things we have to pay for to go fast. thats not even mentioning the cost of actually racing (fuel for the tow rig, maintenance on truck and trailer, entry fees, race fuel, nitrous, etc). the NHRA makes an already expensive hobby even more expensive. I'm all about safety and i would expect the car next to me to be held to the same standard as me regardless of the ET.

It this point, i would have to side with the street outlaw boys. I think the NHRA may have over stepped its boundaries on this one. I think if the NHRA does not want to be affiliated with the street outlaws, they should just ask them to cover the NHRA comp #s or remove them. the only real difference with the show and the NHRA is that one is on a prepped track and the other is on a street. Those SO guys have a pretty good handle on how to set a car up for the street. they put some huge hp #s down and manage to get pretty clean passes. as far as the danger factor. who are we kidding, there are wrecks at the track to. I just think the NHRA may have go a little bit to far. Who knows, maybe i'll be getting a letter lol
heavy_chevy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 08:58 PM   #108
Mike
BadMod

Surprised it took 5 pages, but someone finally crossed the line with street race talk. Free gift of no infraction due to the topic. But no more street race talk outside of the tv show or the legal case

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge