Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > General Tech

Notices

Old 06-04-2012, 05:32 PM   #1
19iroc88

TPS adjustment caused idle problems

Hey guys, Yesterday i cleaned my iac and adjusted my tps because I was getting a code for tps and maf. I got the tps adjusted at about 0.58 and checked the maf. Now i'm having trouble with cold starts. The car just wants to die when i start it unless I give it a little gas, but once its warm then it runs beautifully with great throttle response, and only an occasional ses light. Anyone have any suggestions of what to look for? could it be a bad tps?

1988 350 TPI
Old 06-04-2012, 06:54 PM   #2
The Fixer

Did you reset the IAC as well after pulling it out to clean it? Another thing to check is if the 9th injector is spraying properly. If it's gummed up, it won't allow the extra fuel needed on cold start. If you find out it's bad, get the 9th injector blockoff kit (plugs the hole in the runner and caps the fuel rail) and switch to a chip from an '89 350 car. They still had MAF TPI, but no 9th injector for cold starts.

Former Toy - '88 Monte SS - had lots of mods...
The Fixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:34 PM   #3
19iroc88

yes I reset the IAC, the problem seems to be getting better, but ill still take a look at the injector thanks for the tips

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > General Tech