Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > NJFBOA Events

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 05:02 PM   #76
skorpion317

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransAm4Life
Just to beat the horse deader into the ground but...

N. Jersey wasnt even notified that the meet was no longer taking place at the pool hall. Thus... no one relized and stood up.

Their was no communication at all.
we're taking care of it...
Old 11-11-2004, 07:36 PM   #77
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

guys, can we please get back to teh point of haviong a fun get together.
i knew going into this that having the meet turn out to not be in way north jersey as we had hoped would not be the most popular decision. but teh pool hall was going to require a bunch of cash up front, i mean a ton of money in one lump some. there is no wasy teh club is currently in a postition to make that kind of a move.
we have retained the information adn we are plannig to move forward with such a gathering in teh spring or summer, it is just not a good time to have to front that sort of money.
as far as not having a bunch of posts about the event beign in limbo, we are on a shorter time frame than we would like. so teh decision was made taht i would take care of things since i have a ton of experience settign up gatherings and events.
next time around i promise that the process will be much more inactive with teh members of the region.

for now, please just get back to talking abotu attendance and having fun adn we will have a great gathering.

thanks
tim

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
Old 11-11-2004, 08:35 PM   #78
Trans Am Chick

if ppl r getting so pissed off about the "north meet" being in central jersey... then y dont we just switch the order... nd have the north take the next meet...? i mean its out of order yea. but mayb ppl wont get so pissed off. i personally dont care where the meet is... or whos hosting it... as long as i can get to it. i jus wanna go... but then again... im the kid... nd i dont kno wat im talkin about.

I <3 my Trans Am!
Old 11-11-2004, 09:35 PM   #79
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER
guys, can we please get back to teh point of haviong a fun get together.
i knew going into this that having the meet turn out to not be in way north jersey as we had hoped would not be the most popular decision. but teh pool hall was going to require a bunch of cash up front, i mean a ton of money in one lump some. there is no wasy teh club is currently in a postition to make that kind of a move.
we have retained the information adn we are plannig to move forward with such a gathering in teh spring or summer, it is just not a good time to have to front that sort of money.
as far as not having a bunch of posts about the event beign in limbo, we are on a shorter time frame than we would like. so teh decision was made taht i would take care of things since i have a ton of experience settign up gatherings and events.
next time around i promise that the process will be much more inactive with teh members of the region.

for now, please just get back to talking abotu attendance and having fun adn we will have a great gathering.

thanks
tim
Its not about the pool hall, its just the fact that their was no responce, or request for feedback on our part.
Old 11-11-2004, 10:14 PM   #80
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

we spent time waiting for the same feedback. we wanted to know the where and when adn what of teh plans once we realized teh pool hall deal wasn't going to happen.
justin adn i have not been able to get in touch with chuck and it was down to go time. something had to be done asap and it was handled. it is not what we had hoped for, but it is something solid.
we will learn from teh difficulties of teh meets teh last two months and move forward.
i think not everybody is realizing that nearly everyoen involved here is new to this stuff. in this situation not everythign is going to work out to any ideal plan for a while.
we will go with this meet and work on a better one for next time. if you guys want to put something together for december or january that is further north, go for it. drop me a pm and let me know what you have in mind adn i will work with you on it.

later
tim

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
Old 11-12-2004, 05:57 PM   #81
V
Stalker

i'll try to make it to the meet, i'll be up in the air until then though. It is quite a drive If the meets are always at the cj border, sorta seems it favors central group, just my opinion.

Maybe i'll organize a meet up by me someday, something say by the Palisades mall in west nyack NY off rt303, hell, thats closer to me than paramus is even. they got tgifridays, chillis, plus a dave&busters(for 21+ )

anyways... we'll see what happens...
Old 11-12-2004, 06:09 PM   #82
Trans Am Chick

lmao i wudnt mind havin sumthin up here... cept... wat about us UNDER 21... or under 18!!! for that matter! *it sux being young.

I <3 my Trans Am!
Old 11-12-2004, 07:35 PM   #83
79dizZy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokingSS
Maybe i'll organize a meet up by me someday, something say by the Palisades mall in west nyack NY off rt303, hell, thats closer to me than paramus is even. they got tgifridays, chillis, plus a dave&busters(for 21+ )

anyways... we'll see what happens...
palicades mall has everything, movies imax, ice rink, like 2 online gaming rooms, and that nascar racing place where you climb into those car simulators it's fun to cause a little chaos in that mall after midnight, a few friends and i put the couches they had in the carpeted area on the first floor in the elevators once which proved interesting
Old 11-12-2004, 08:04 PM   #84
Trans Am Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79dizZy28
and that nascar racing place where you climb into those car simulators
AHHAHAHA HAHA THATS WAT KARL ALWAYZ MAKES FUN OF ME FOR!!! they kno me on a first name basis up there. im an sra member... i actually have a meet 2moro nite. ive extreamely competative... nd rite now im in second of the rookie division... at which im the only girl at least in ny.. overall... im the best girl that races... nex season ill probli be a veteran tho. hehe. we shud def. do that one time... on an easy track like daytona... or sumthin. they rarely have all 12 cars up and running at once tho...

I <3 my Trans Am!
Old 11-12-2004, 09:32 PM   #85
79dizZy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trans Am Chick
Quote:
and that nascar racing place where you climb into those car simulators
AHHAHAHA HAHA THATS WAT KARL ALWAYZ MAKES FUN OF ME FOR!!! they kno me on a first name basis up there. im an sra member... i actually have a meet 2moro nite. ive extreamely competative... nd rite now im in second of the rookie division... at which im the only girl at least in ny.. overall... im the best girl that races... nex season ill probli be a veteran tho. hehe. we shud def. do that one time... on an easy track like daytona... or sumthin. they rarely have all 12 cars up and running at once tho...
i've only done it twice, once down in florida at daytona usa, (the place right outside the actual track) and once at palicades. i keep wantin to do it again but whenever i'm there i can never get my friends to go with me or i'm in a rush to make a movie
Old 11-13-2004, 12:06 AM   #86
Trans Am Chick

2moro nite (saturday nite) im going up specifically for that. race starts at 9.45 with the qualifying.. nd we hope to end at around 1ish... depending on how many people are there... if u ever wanna go up there... just lemmie kno. i luv racing. nd i cud alwayz use the practice.

I <3 my Trans Am!
Old 11-13-2004, 12:14 AM   #87
79dizZy28

Quote:
2moro nite (saturday nite) im going up specifically for that. race starts at 9.45 with the qualifying.. nd we hope to end at around 1ish... depending on how many people are there... if u ever wanna go up there... just lemmie kno. i luv racing. nd i cud alwayz use the practice.
perhaps one of these days. maybe we could have one of the north jersey friday meets at palicades instead of willowbrook and all race it'd be a nice change of scenery although it may be far for some
Old 11-13-2004, 12:17 AM   #88
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

Quote:
Quote:
perhaps one of these days. maybe we could have one of the north jersey friday meets at palicades instead of willowbrook and all race it'd be a nice change of scenery although it may be far for some
I agree, but Friday nights are the hardest for me, thats almost across the state lol.

We could do a saturday night or sunday afternoon.
Old 11-13-2004, 12:18 AM   #89
skorpion317

where the hell is palisades?
Old 11-13-2004, 12:18 AM   #90
79dizZy28

either nyack or west nyack NY... it's right on 287
Old 11-13-2004, 12:23 AM   #91
SpeakersGoBoom

take 17 north till ya cant take 17north no more, then head towards the tappanzee bridge. it'll be on your right. Couldnt miss it if you were legally blind. Parking.....eh. thats another story
Old 11-13-2004, 12:38 AM   #92
79dizZy28

i've given the palicades thing it's own thread.....http://www.njfboa.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1266
Old 11-14-2004, 07:56 PM   #93
Slow_88

If the weather is good I'll be there with the maro but if not I'll go with 'ole driver.....Maybe I could hook up with someone that knows the where abouts of this place..
Old 11-15-2004, 12:24 AM   #94
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

Just bumping this back up, but just wondering if everyones still going?

I just looked at the first page link, not sure if its been updated or not, but it still looks like only North Jersey people
Old 11-15-2004, 12:33 AM   #95
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

Can easily get to Palisades mall from Knickerbocker road, route 9W, or the PIP also... (those all run thru Tenafly or are next above it so that's the way I go)

Kommandant
of the ACL (Anti Canadian League)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Junk the pos, spend the money on beer, acquire headache.

Same result cept this headache doesnt last months.
Old 11-15-2004, 10:19 AM   #96
Trans Am Chick

Quote:
Just bumping this back up, but just wondering if everyones still going?

I just looked at the first page link, not sure if its been updated or not, but it still looks like only North Jersey people
you are talking about going to bridgewater right? heh jus gettin a lil confuzin*

I <3 my Trans Am!
Old 11-15-2004, 05:20 PM   #97
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

yes Bridgewater.
Old 11-15-2004, 10:42 PM   #98
SpeakersGoBoom

thats rediculous. the meet is technically in central jersey, and they're not even showing up to it?
Old 11-16-2004, 08:58 AM   #99
JL8Jeff
Hippy Mod, Bergermeister Meisterberger, Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeakersGoBoom
thats rediculous. the meet is technically in central jersey, and they're not even showing up to it?
What are you talking about? More than half the people going are from around the Ewing area and Bridgewater is a 45 minute drive north for us. I'm still up in the air at the moment thanks to my brother needing help with his new house but I think I can get out of it.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:08 AM   #100
SpeakersGoBoom

just responding to this...
Quote:
Closed Thread

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > NJFBOA Events