Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-30-2012, 08:16 PM   #76
nj85z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
Lifter pull is dope!!!
It was a great idea. Im hoping to finish yours in the next few days. I lost a few days waiting on parts to arrive for the ls cams but then a miracle happened. I found out i was only 24 hours shy of my benefits so i called my union and they pulled some strings and got me a job up north for the 3 days i needed. Now i should qualify through december. So there was 3 days i got nothing done on the lamps. I figured you guys would understand
Old 08-30-2012, 08:37 PM   #77
NastyEllEssWon

im liking the lifter pull chain. just looking at it though i think it would be sick if you could find a way to get some sort of eye hook at the top under the shade to route the pull chain through to get the pull chain to hang out to the side about an inch away from the cam
NastyEllEssWon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:55 PM   #78
Mark68

Great looking lamp Steve....and it's all mine!!! Thanks for coming up with this really unique/killer item. I'm definitely a happy camper now!
Old 08-30-2012, 09:11 PM   #79
Jersey Mike
Power Member/NJFBOA Bookie/Moderator

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj85z28 View Post
Alright guys, you wanted it. You asked for it, so here it is.. the Holy Grail...or the phantom edition..whatever you want to call it. The definition of badass.

LS1 Cam. LS1 Timing Sprocket. Black base. Black Shade. Black lampholder. Black chain. Lifter pull chain.

This one belongs to Mark68...honestly I'm sad to see it go..I think its my favorite so far...but I'm packing it up for shipping shortly...Hope you like it!

[IMG]http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb334/nj85z28/LS1lamp1.jpg [/ IMG]
[IMG]http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb334/nj85z28/LS1Lamp2.jpg [/ IMG]
[IMG]http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb334/nj85z28/LS1Lamp3.jpg [/ IMG]
[IMG]http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb334/nj85z28/LS1Lamp4.jpg [ /IMG]
[IMG]http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb334/nj85z28/DSC_0542.jpg [ /IMG]
Okay, I don't care if I don't have a place to put it. I want this!

1995 Firebird... Stock-ish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1ow View Post
Good. He microwaved my phone 6 years ago, i hope his intake erupts.
Jersey Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:16 PM   #80
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Mike View Post
Okay, I don't care if I don't have a place to put it. I want this!
Put your money where your mouth is
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:34 PM   #81
nj85z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyEllEssWon View Post
im liking the lifter pull chain. just looking at it though i think it would be sick if you could find a way to get some sort of eye hook at the top under the shade to route the pull chain through to get the pull chain to hang out to the side about an inch away from the cam
Good idea, I can easily do that. I have all the drills/taps i would need. Ill have to test it out
Old 08-30-2012, 10:37 PM   #82
nj85z28

and I just finished these- a matching set of LS1 phantoms for Snuffles. Just need to put on the shades. crappy iphone pic for now until i take some with the nikon

Last edited by nj85z28; 08-30-2012 at 10:38 PM.
nj85z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:54 AM   #83
Jersey Mike

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Put your money where your mouth is
I intend to. Now if only I had an LS1 cam sitting here I could polish up and send in!
If I can't source a spare one from someone local, I may wind up just buying one of the ones Steve has in his inventory.

That newest style looks fantastic, man. You hit it out of the park and I'm excited to own one!

Quote:
Old 08-31-2012, 07:12 AM   #84
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Quote:
I would love this too. I just couldn't think of a way it could be pulled off.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:39 AM   #85
Blackbirdws6
Lord of the rings / 10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Quote:
I would love this too. I just couldn't think of a way it could be pulled off.
Steve puts a nice top mounting plate on these right under the lamp holder itself. I bet I could remove one of the bolts, slip a small metal bracket in there and bolt it back down. The metal bracket would have a small hole on the end so the pull chain will be moved over a touch. Once I get the my lifter pull chain from Steve I will try this out.

97 T/A Ram Air Convt
Forever dyno queen / 777rwhp 662 rwtq @ 17lbs / 10.2 @ 140

'24 Corvette Z06
17 Sierra 2500HD Dmax
81 Turbo TA
Blackbirdws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:30 PM   #86
Mark68

Sounds like a good idea Brian. I'll have to try that out on mine. It will look better if it's hanging out a little from the cam.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:22 PM   #87
nj85z28

I have all the tools to tap it for the eye bolt. I just want to try it on maybe another cam first. I dont want to screw up the ones that are done already just in case its too hard to drill through the lobe. I can make something up like brian suggested and bolt it with the plate.

Quote:
I intend to. Now if only I had an LS1 cam sitting here I could polish up and send in!
If I can't source a spare one from someone local, I may wind up just buying one of the ones Steve has in his inventory.

That newest style looks fantastic, man. You hit it out of the park and I'm excited to own one!
Its no big deal if you dont have one around. I'm getting the cams and sprockets in bulk from this guy who has a junkyard or something. he sells on ebay and tech so we worked out an arrangement. I think only 1 person has supplied their own cam so far aside from WildBilly. Brian supplied his own gear for the test mule, but Most everyone else has just been buying the whole package from me. Unless you have a cam that holds sentimental value then there really is no need to source one out. Just PM me and let me know either way if I need to supply the gear then I have to order an extra one. I have been buying them in sets

Glad everyone is happy with them! I have about 4 or 5 of them scattered around the living room right now either waiting to be shipped or picked up
Old 09-01-2012, 07:31 AM   #88
NastyEllEssWon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj85z28 View Post
I have all the tools to tap it for the eye bolt. I just want to try it on maybe another cam first. I dont want to screw up the ones that are done already just in case its too hard to drill through the lobe. I can make something up like brian suggested and bolt it with the plate.

Its no big deal if you dont have one around. I'm getting the cams and sprockets in bulk from this guy who has a junkyard or something. he sells on ebay and tech so we worked out an arrangement. I think only 1 person has supplied their own cam so far aside from WildBilly. Brian supplied his own gear for the test mule, but Most everyone else has just been buying the whole package from me. Unless you have a cam that holds sentimental value then there really is no need to source one out. Just PM me and let me know either way if I need to supply the gear then I have to order an extra one. I have been buying them in sets

Glad everyone is happy with them! I have about 4 or 5 of them scattered around the living room right now either waiting to be shipped or picked up

lol its nice to see how well this has worked out for you going from you offering up electrical work to me giving you an idea and you running with it. now i just need to get paid so i can dump some cash down damn this once a month payment lol
NastyEllEssWon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 01:46 PM   #89
nj85z28

Quote:
lol its nice to see how well this has worked out for you going from you offering up electrical work to me giving you an idea and you running with it. now i just need to get paid so i can dump some cash down damn this once a month payment lol
LOL yea it turned out great so far. no worries, i dont plan on stopping production on these any time soon. i still have ones im working on almost every day and it seems like everyone is happy with them and i keep getting more orders. i want to get on a vette forum and offer them up there too because I'm sure they will move but I want to get the majority of my njfboa guys done first.

Whenever you are ready.

Just let me know what colors and stuff so I can have the parts made, drilled and ready, and I can order the right number of gears/cams. they come from texas or something so it takes a few days to get here and in the meantime the bases are made and the hardware, etc. theres some stuff we gotta make that you just cant go out and buy like the plates and some of the hardware
Old 09-04-2012, 09:51 PM   #90
nj85z28

Two more lamps delivered to a happy member. Please send me pics!! I forgot to take good photos of the pair i delivered today
Old 09-08-2012, 03:58 PM   #91
nj85z28

Update for you guys waiting i had an insane week, so didnt get much done unfortunately, i will have a bunch done in the next few days. Sorry for any delays. A friend passed away among other bad things, and with labor day weekend my parts didnt come as soon as i hoped!!
Old 09-17-2012, 06:34 PM   #92
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

I spoke with Steve today. If anyone wants to touch base with him, feel free to pm me for his number. He's had a lot going on recently and I told him to take care of his priorities before worrying about my lamp. And the old lt1 camshaft broke his drill bit Damn those lt1s!
Old 09-17-2012, 06:47 PM   #93
Jersey Mike

Social Networks:

Quote:
I spoke with Steve today. If anyone wants to touch base with him, feel free to pm me for his number. He's had a lot going on recently and I told him to take care of his priorities before worrying about my lamp. And the old lt1 camshaft broke his drill bit Damn those lt1s!
Was actually wondering about this/him today, as I remember him texting me some time last week with some personal issues. Didn't want to bother him, but glad to know he's alright. Like you, I'd rather him get his personal problems in order before worrying about finishing my lamp. I'm sure most everyone else feels the same way.

Quote:
Old 09-30-2012, 07:51 PM   #94
nj85z28

Hey everyone, sorry for the absence. i have had the month from hell. everything was completely bad. 2 deaths, a broken truck, a screwed up cell phone & no internet, bank account and paypal frozen over some bullcrap, insurance cancelled, car insurance cancelled and drivers license suspended. a lamp got busted in the mail an LT1 cam killed my drill.. yea its been a hell of a month. SOO sorry to anyone who may have thought I ran off lol. I tried to touch base with everyone who had left a deposit and keep them up to date on the progress of their lamps, which has been super slow.i just havent came on the website very often unfortunately.

Mark68s lamp unfortunately was damaged by UPS. I am currently going through an insurance claim with them so everyone please consider picking them up. My heart broke when he emailed me about the damage.

Adam dropped off an LT cam and sprocket back in august, since i had been drilling the SBC cams anyway i took a shot at it. they are thinner and harder than the SBC cams, and two bits snapped off in the middle of drilling, one went through the side and during the melee my drill broke. so that was a setback. i did speak to adam and offered to swap out an LS cam at no additional charge and he was cool with it.

Since I had some time today and was feeling much better physically and not in as much pain I figured I would play with the lamps and worked on jersey mikes and finished adams. i added a standoff like somebody suggested. it started off as some random hook i found in a coffee can of old hardware, i heated it hammered it bent it shaped it and then polished it, drilled and tapped out a lobe in the LS cam and made it happen. I think it looks awesome, but decide for yourself. Im trying to engineer a way to make a retrofit kit for those guys who want the lifter pull chain..its heavy and i noticed in our living room when someone walked across the floor quickly it would clang against the cam. it didnt bother me but not much does. so i figured i would figure this out. Mark68, snuffles and blackbird if your reading this ill send you out one as soon as i make them.

Heres a photo of Adams lamp...the Firebird is there for show, but that too is for sale

Im still taking orders and getting these back on track. Thank you everyone for your patience during this hard time for me and my family

Old 09-30-2012, 08:22 PM   #95
Blackbirdws6

Looks great Steve. Glad to hear you are making progress on these. Can't wait for the lifter pull chain for mine.

97 T/A Ram Air Convt

'24 Corvette Z06
17 Sierra 2500HD Dmax
81 Turbo TA
Old 10-01-2012, 07:46 AM   #96
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Yeah that's pretty much perfect.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:47 AM   #97
nj85z28

Quote:
Yeah that's pretty much perfect.
Thank you. I spent a little bit more time on it than usual, figuring out what to do with the pull chain and all that. I'm very happy with it. This lamp started out as the brown based one without the cam gear that was built first. It was the prototype, and without the gear on it one my sister in laws dogs i think knocked it over and it looked a little crooked to me, so I took it all apart and made it into a completely new setup since the LT cam was toast. Like with anything else theres a definite learning curve getting to the point of perfection and I think since we started using the black bases and cam gears and different electrical parts they really turned into something extremely beautiful. Every time I post a picture on facebook I end up with 2 more orders or more. But the NJFBOA guys here are my top priority.

Also, if you know somebody whos into mopars or fords that may want one, Ill be building a MOPAR cam lamp in the next few weeks. A good friend of mine out in detroit saw the photos on facebook and is sending me his old mopar cam to build with. It should be interesting to see the differences, and maybe this can open up a whole new group of people.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:57 AM   #98
Blackbirdws6

Some ford nut should send you 4 cams from to make some nutty 4-post lamp. I would be that guy if I had one.

97 T/A Ram Air Convt

'24 Corvette Z06
17 Sierra 2500HD Dmax
81 Turbo TA
Old 10-01-2012, 11:00 AM   #99
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Sounds like an end table to me Brian
Old 10-01-2012, 11:56 AM   #100
Blackbirdws6

Quote:
Sounds like an end table to me Brian
That would be an engine block table.

97 T/A Ram Air Convt

'24 Corvette Z06
17 Sierra 2500HD Dmax
81 Turbo TA

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge