Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-05-2009, 12:12 PM   #151
Mike
BadMod

holy crap this is stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:12 PM   #152
Frosty

You're still missing the point...but ok.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:13 PM   #153
Formulalt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonmouthCtyAntz View Post
lol. I think those were the worst shorty/mid headers ever made for a LT1...The Y pipe that came w/ the set didnt even come close to mateing up to the exhasut system
Mine fit fine. I ofcourse had to use better gaskets and better bolts but I had new motor mounts and everything on my car lined up perfectly. They aren't the best made headers out there but I noticed a nice improvement in sound and horsepower.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:30 PM   #154
7pointoh
LSwhatever

Back on topic. If I had to choose between a n LS1 or an LS3. I choose the Gen IV engine. That being said. I would also choose an LQ4/9 over an LS1. The popularity won't go down because of a new generation block. Just read all the silly (yet entertaining ) post people make about the almighty *place your engine here*.

2001 WS6: SDPC LS7 Shortblock, L92 heads upgraded for .600 lift,
L76 intake, Nick Williams TB, Comp Cams 224/228 .581/.588 114+2LSA,
1 7/8 LT's, GMMG
waiting for some boost
2003 Silverado 1500HD
7pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:08 PM   #155
Formulalt1

Well since I didn't throw my 2 cents in on the actual topic. I don't think the LS1 is going anywhere but do agree the LQ4 or LQ9 is the better choice, there are alot of people that are loyal to every make and models platform. The SBC and BBC for that matter have probably the hardiest core following out there (just talking GM, I think the Hemi guys could give us a run for our money) and rightfully so, the things you can do to one and the retrofit parts being made every day are amazing. The LSX down the road I believe will have this same type of following and is getting close to there every day. The LTX IMO shouldn't have been considered a different generation cause its basically a SBC with reverse flow cooling and the heads are pretty much Vortec heads (if you put them side by side they look pretty damn close) with a different intake manifold (90% of the parts are interchangable).

I think the LS1 following is still going to be kicking for a long time down the road.

Last edited by Formulalt1; 05-05-2009 at 01:10 PM.
Formulalt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:15 PM   #156
NastyEllEssWon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonmouthCtyAntz View Post
Cant recall ever saying that either. Sounds like you have a super LT1...good luck w/ that. Since you need it put in black and white any properly drive stock 323 or 6spd. LS car should have its way w/ YOUR bolt on LT1 in the 1/4. I think you beat some drivers rather then their cars.

just fyi. my last 98 auto i had went a best of 13.59 (13.6's consistent). it was pretty much stock. 100k miles. lca's, lid and catback. so basically stock. the car would pull 2.0 60 fts (not pushing it hard at all) and not launching hard at all. trapped at 104 so no reason to push it much harder. just saying that its not hard for a bolt on lt1 to keep up with that.

edit: this is full interior, full weight, a/c, jack and spare and toolbox in the trunk

Last edited by NastyEllEssWon; 05-05-2009 at 01:15 PM.
NastyEllEssWon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:25 PM   #157
DevilDougWS6
11 Second Club

what I would like to know is, where did all of this "LT1 bashing" come from? I, for one, do not think the LS1 is "almighty" "built by god" "the best" "cant lose" by any means. I know there is a lot of poking fun at each other. I only do it to fit in. But we are all domestic/muscle car guys and girls right? We all have the same affinity for American vehicles with big engines and going fast right?

So everyone shut the **** up, get off your high horses, no one is better than anyone else, there are always faster cars out there, all it takes is to know what you are doing and how much money you can spend. END OF ****ING STORY

J E R S E Y S H O R E O W N S Y O U
12 Sonic Turbo
07 Malibu SS
04 Silverado SS - Sold
00 Trans Am WS6 - Sold

-.:: United States Marine Corps ::.-
DevilDougWS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:31 PM   #158
NastyEllEssWon

it came from that thread last year ls1 vs lt1 where me and a few other members started the poking fun of. it has gotten out of hand. its funny when your in person and poking a little fun but some people on here have taken it to be the word and heartfelt feelings towards it.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:43 PM   #159
Formulalt1

I personally love both platforms, for that matter I am a former owner and huge fan of TPI's too. I have met a few LS1 owners from this board and have some friends I have known for a while that happen to choose a LS1 F-body or Vette, I usually just brush off most of the things I read cause the LS1 stock for stock is a very efficient platform and I'm sure I will own one down the road but what I have noticed is what I use to notice back in the day when I owned a 5.0 stang, you get kids with quick cars and they can't help but poke fun at the slower guys (stock for stock) and this turns into then hardcore bashing. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being proud of what you drive or what you choose to sink your hard earned money into but when this turns into I have the biggest balls around and no one can touch me, thats when lessons need to be learned. I am not saying this is the exact case hear but the LS1 could have only got to where it is performance wise if the prior platforms existed and with the right amount of money anything could be made fast. Still got mad love for all my GM brothers though.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:49 PM   #160
NastyEllEssWon

yup got mad love for my gm brethren. i like to make fun of lt1's cause its fun. its like the big brother picking on the little brother. its all in good fun but sometimes it gets out of hand and turns into a full on fight.

on a side note though. i would never be brave enough to own an lt1 powered car. those things are asking for trouble
Old 05-05-2009, 01:56 PM   #161
Formulalt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyEllEssWon View Post
on a side note though. i would never be brave enough to own an lt1 powered car. those things are asking for trouble
Why would you have tools if you wheren't suppose to use them and just wait another 5 years and lets see how dependable those LSX become, LMAO!!!

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge