Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning

Notices

Old 11-25-2012, 08:55 AM   #26
Paul Huryk

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraffz View Post
My heads might flow right around that and but my cam is a bit more agressive. Guess I'll never know for sure but I'm more interested in what it will run more than anything.

Can't really believe crate motors are rated that way. I've seen quiet a few boasting larger numbers than I could really believe possible with the top end they had. I think companies like GMP rate them SAE net but most don't.

For instance they rate a stock rebuilt LT1 long block at 330HP/350TQ in Summit.
I think you really need to look at a builder's reputation in terms of stated vs actual power output for crate motors. With Lingenfelter's reputation, I would doubt that an identical motor would be 20 to 40hp down compared to their rating (at least I hope that isn't the case).

GM has a really bad reputation for crate motors not coming close to their ratings - the ZZ4 comes to mind instantly - it was rated at 345hp, but really puts out 290 to 315 when setup as they suggest, a huge gap. I'm sure that the 260hp motor mentioned in this thread is more of the same.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:48 AM   #27
RamAir95TA

FWIW my LT1 uses an Ohio crank. A similar setup on a friends car running the same times also uses one. They're a decent piece.
10.82 @ 124.25, 1.43 60' 455whp, 445wtq
Clip of 10-second pass.

More info: http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt...damn-time.html
RamAir95TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:16 AM   #28
EODMonkey

just do a scat 383 setup. i'm somewhere around 700+ at the crank with no issues and didnt spend a whole lot
EODMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning