Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Electrical and Wiring

Notices

Old 02-15-2011, 10:03 PM   #1
iroc89al3

oil pressure gauge

Hi all, with the nice weather on sunday went and got a new battery for the camaro cause im gettin itchy!!! started it up for the first time in a few weeks and seemed to have a problem with the oil gauge. The car is stock besides a borla exhaust. Its got 57k miles on it and i never modified anything so i its not from me doing modifications or hacking wires. When idleing its at 60, when i rev the motor the gauge shoots up above 60 almost to the little oil symbol. Basicly its like the pin or the indicator whatever you call it was removed and advanced higher, but like i stated the cluster has never been worked on. Is there some sort of sensor or something i caould replace? thanks al
iroc89al3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:24 AM   #2
Pampered-Z
Sliderule / Moderator

I think the sensor is on the back of the engine near/behind the distibutor on the driver's side and attached to a 45 drgree elbow. Will have one wire going to it.
93Z M6 Black: The 385 Lives! Supercharged, 3-core front mount intercooler, GTP heads, 3:73's, Street twin clutch, Jethot Longtubes, Mufflex 4" catback/spintech, S+W cage, Spohn Suspenion, Yada Yada Yada

1) Build it
2) Race it
3) Break it
4) Repeat!!!
Pampered-Z is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Electrical and Wiring