Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Brake, Chassis and Suspension Tech

Notices

Old 05-20-2008, 10:18 PM   #26
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

theres ways to get a tire to bead....theres ways...
Old 05-21-2008, 07:11 PM   #27
Blacdout96

You shouldnt of had to grind the rim at all, that weakens the bead and tire. To make things fit with the 315's is you have to bang in the inner fender. Make sure you have your back seat in place cause if not it will distort the rods it clicks into. Its not hard to hit it, hell I used the wooden end of my sledge and it bent right in. And dont forget to recoat it with undercoating after your done. Drive it for a few miles, take off your tires, and see where its rubbing, and keep banging it till your tires stop taking the undercoating off. Aslo you might have to bend your fender up top, I had a problem with ym car doing that, without anyone or anything in the back, so I rolled it up, and its never rubbed again. also if your having rubbing problems, you need an adjustable Panhard bar to center your rear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
Uh yeah, after they surprized buttsecks us at Pearl Harbor?
Blacdout96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 11:25 PM   #28
198esp1

you put a 315 on a stock rim, not good!! that size tire needs a 11, or 12 inch rim
198esp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 08:50 AM   #29
SuperSweet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacdout96 View Post
You shouldnt of had to grind the rim at all, that weakens the bead and tire. To make things fit with the 315's is you have to bang in the inner fender. Make sure you have your back seat in place cause if not it will distort the rods it clicks into. Its not hard to hit it, hell I used the wooden end of my sledge and it bent right in. And dont forget to recoat it with undercoating after your done. Drive it for a few miles, take off your tires, and see where its rubbing, and keep banging it till your tires stop taking the undercoating off. Aslo you might have to bend your fender up top, I had a problem with ym car doing that, without anyone or anything in the back, so I rolled it up, and its never rubbed again. also if your having rubbing problems, you need an adjustable Panhard bar to center your rear.
I think you misunderstood me. I have NO problems with rubbing. The only place that I grinded down was inside the wheel. There is lip that the tire need to get over to reach its seat. This lip has a square edge making it difficult for the tire to get over it. So all I did was round that square edge. It's not like a took half the weight off the rim from grinding. Consider this more smoothing rather than grinding. In no way have I made the bead or the tire weak, because I have touched neither.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 198esp1 View Post
you put a 315 on a stock rim, not good!! that size tire needs a 11, or 12 inch rim
Completely true lol. however i'm not the first person to put a 315 on a smaller size wheel, and not all 315's are actually 315's. This tire is more realistically around a 295.

-Jay-
COD-MW2=X02ssMaroX XBOX LIVE
02 SOMSS-M6-,Volant CAI,TR55's,UMI LCA'S and PHR, Longtubes & TD's w/ sweet thunder bullets 315-35/17's. 349rwhp/372rwtq
SuperSweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:29 PM   #30
CaysE

Heya Mensaf!

What have you done so far? LCA relocation brackets are definitely a good choice when lowering, but like everyone else said, I would get the SFCs installed first. If you're really anal about suspension geometry, you're going to want adjustable LCAs, panhard bar, and torque arm, too.
CaysE is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Brake, Chassis and Suspension Tech