Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > 2007 F-Body Series

Notices

Old 07-06-2006, 06:09 PM   #1
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

Heads Up

We are looking to run four heads up catagories. Please keep your suggestions for improvement on point and specific, just saying "this sucks" doesn't help anyone. If you think a rule is unfair or needs to be tweaked, please be as specific as possible.
The rules ideas here are somewhat of a conglomeration of several different regional/national/and single track series and special event classes.

We are trying to keep things simple, yet still be open to as many cars as possible, so feedback is important.

1. Pure Street: (7-9) This class is intended as the entry level for those new to, or without the budget to go big time heads up racing. Think along the lines of fast street drivers and non-trailer cars.

Elimination racing will be on a traditional heads up tree (.400 pro)
After qualifying passes a ladder will be developed based on each cars best time trial run.
FOOT BRAKE ONLY!! No trans brakes or two steps allowed.
Drive tires limited to maximum 275/60-15 and must be radial construction, any front tire size or construction is acceptable
Must retain all factory glass
Full interior required
Must be registered, inspected, insured, and must have complete street equipment.
Must run through mufflers (required for all events regardless of local noise rules).
Power adders: Naturally Aspirated engine only.
Suspension must be of a factory style, and are limited to bolt on type modifications, no back halved cars allowed
***Minimum weight is something that we need feedback on. We are trying to come up with a number that is fair to everyone. looking in the 3300-3450 range.

2. Hot Street: (7-13) A step a little bit more towards having a serious race car.

After qualifying passes a ladder will be developed based on each cars best time trial run.
Trans brakes and two-steps acceptable
Drive tires limited to maximum 10.5" section full slick(non "W") or 11.5" section street/cheater slick as stamped on tire sidewall. Any front tire size or construction is acceptable
Cars must retain all factory glass
Full interior required and must have complete street equipment.
Must run through mufflers*
Power adders: Limited to one of any single type of power adder, no combining.
Nitrous, 1 Plate shot only, must be single bar with 1 fuel solenoid and 1 nitrous solenoid, EFI systems may run a single nozzle system instead of a plate. (wet or dry) Progressive nitrous controllers prohibited.
one turbo or one supercharger. boosted applications limited to one type of intake charge cooler(1 air to air, 1 water to air, or 1 chemical, no combining coolers). Progressive nitrous controllers prohibited.
Suspension must be of a factory style, and are limited to bolt on type modifications, no back halved cars allowed
***Minimum wieght we are looking to be in the 3100-3200 range to keep this realistic for a car that may still be streetable.

3. Extreme Street: (7-9) This would be the serious race car class for those still running "stock" type suspensions.

Trans brakes and two-steps acceptable
Drive tires limited to maximum 10.5" section full slick ("W" acceptable) or 11.5" section street/cheater slick as stamped on tire sidewall. Any front tire size or construction is acceptable
Factory glass can be replaced with lexan, speed glass, or any other replacement that fits in the stock location.
Must run through mufflers*
Power adders: Limited to any single type of power adder, no combining. Multi stage nitrous, multi turbo, and multi supercharger apllications accepted. Boosted applications can combine intake charge cooling systems. Progressive nitrous controllers acceptable
***This is a race car class with no interior or street equipment required (must have a factory appearing body). We are looking at a base weight around 2900lbs

4. Pro Outlaw: This will be the fastest class. Rules are going to be based on the common 10.5" outlaw rules from around the area. I am still collecting details from some tracks, basically it is a 10.5" "W" tire limit and a base weight in the 2600ish range.
must run through mufflers*

Points System: Keeping with our theme of having everything be simple......10pts for each round a car appears in, the final round is worth 20pts, winning the finals is worth an additional 10pts, and a 5pt bonus for setting either side of the record in your class.

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 10:30 PM   #2
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

One suggestion that has already come in.
Make Pure Street foot brake + N/A
Apply the power adder rules to Hot Street as posted above for Pure Street
and leave the Extreme Street power adder rules open.

Anyone agree? Disagree?

Old 07-06-2006, 10:44 PM   #3
camaroracer1992
10 Second Club

count me in!!!!! dunno what class depending how the rules go, but im game!

Procharged/intercooled 406 Shafirorff with FAST XFI
Sponsors:
Boccellas Performance http://www.boccellasperformance.com/
Spohn suspension
http://www.spohn.net/
camaroracer1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 11:51 PM   #4
project89

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER
One suggestion that has already come in.
Make Pure Street foot brake + N/A
Apply the power adder rules to Hot Street as posted above for Pure Street
and leave the Extreme Street power adder rules open.

Anyone agree? Disagree?
i disagree,only cause u would take my car right out of that class,probably the onyl heads up class i could have some fun in,
how about limiting power adders to the v6 cars?
#1 1989 RS - 3.0L V6 11.0-1 CR, LIGHTENED CRANK,J.E FORGED PISTONS, CUSTOM 280/284 .575/.575 116LSA ROLLER CAM, PORTED HEADS, PORTED INTAKE,CUSTOM TURBO KIT W/ BW S475,AW INTERCOOLER,METHANOL INJECTION, TCI STREETFIGHTER 700R4 W/ TCI 4,500 STALL,TWIN WALBORO 255'S & 83# INJECTORS
268 rwhp & 367.6 ftlbs @ 10 psi 3.1l
12.30's @ 112 3.1L @ 9 psi
??.?? @ ???? 3.0L @ 18 PSI

Last edited by project89; 07-06-2006 at 11:55 PM.
project89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 05:53 PM   #5
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

had another strong point brought up by a friend.
in extreme street the rule about factory glass does not really fit since it is a race car class that doesn't require any other factory equipment other than the general appearance of the body of the car.
what do you guys think, should we eliminate the factory glass fom extreme street?

Old 07-07-2006, 06:37 PM   #6
project89

toss the factory glass
what about the pure street rules?
#1 1989 RS - 3.0L V6 11.0-1 CR, LIGHTENED CRANK,J.E FORGED PISTONS, CUSTOM 280/284 .575/.575 116LSA ROLLER CAM, PORTED HEADS, PORTED INTAKE,CUSTOM TURBO KIT W/ BW S475,AW INTERCOOLER,METHANOL INJECTION, TCI STREETFIGHTER 700R4 W/ TCI 4,500 STALL,TWIN WALBORO 255'S & 83# INJECTORS
Old 07-07-2006, 11:04 PM   #7
V
Stalker

i like the idea of a N/A class, even if its just pure street. because a blown H/C car would give pure bolt on cars no chance, and a blower/turbo isnt exactly "buget friendly".

also, if hot street requires glass and interior and all factory equipment just like pure street, shouldn't that also require the car to be registered, insured and inspected? im just wondering...

Last edited by V; 07-08-2006 at 02:21 AM.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 10:30 AM   #8
ATVracer

My car could run in any of these classes right now.

I would agree Pure street should be N/A and get rid of the factory glass rule in Extreme.
Old 07-08-2006, 11:45 AM   #9
project89

sure just keep the v6 guys out of all the heads up classes then
Old 07-08-2006, 12:34 PM   #10
ATVracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethalrides2k3
sure just keep the v6 guys out of all the heads up classes then
I'd be OK with a v6 power adder in the V8 N/A class as long as its not a grand national.
Old 07-08-2006, 12:37 PM   #11
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

your car would still fall into a class.
maybe i wasn't clear in my first post about the idea. it would look like this:

Pure Street = N/A

Hot Street = Power adders: Limited to one of any single type of power adder, no combining. One nitrous plate, one turbo, or one supercharger. boosted applications limited to one type of intake charge cooler(1 air to air, 1 water to air, or 1 chemical, no combining coolers)

Extreme Street = Power adders: Limited to any single type of power adder, no combining. Multi stage nitrous, multi turbo, and multi supercharger apllications accepted. Boosted applications can combine intake charge cooling systems

Hot Street would get the single stage/single intake charge cooler rules that were previously going to be for pure street. so your car would fit into hot street the way you were going to fit it into pure street. the only real change would be that you are allowed to run a bit lighter.

Old 07-08-2006, 12:48 PM   #12
project89

granted there arent many fast v6 cars but there are a few.and lots fo the guys would love to fit into a heads up class.i just dont see us being competitive in hot street,we need a street tire heads up clas sthat would allow us 1 power adder.
we wopuldnt stand a chance in a class that allows transbrake/etc and slicks.theres just no way.atleats if u left pure street with 1 power adder,we wont have to deal with slicked/transbrake/2 step equiped lsx cars.
if u wanna make the pure street na make it so the v6 cars can be compeitive i.e 1 power adder/no tta or gn engines no proggresive no2 controllers.
granted i can always ytake out one of the irocs instead,but i want to be able to run my v6 car in a heads up class.and i doubt most of the v8 guys are gonna have problems with v6 cars allowed 1 power adder,as of right now the fastest v6 power adder car is running what 11.80's. i dont see pure street class running much faster then that.i can see hot street getting down in the 10 sec range though,
Old 07-08-2006, 02:11 PM   #13
project89

actually i just had a diff idea
why not index the pure street and hot street classes
pure street = 12.5 or slower or so
hot street = 12.49 or faster or so
with the rules as in ur first post.that would effively take out any high dollar,and large displacement engines,but still leave power adders allowed in the class.effectivly making a budget heads up class that anyone could compete in
with the other 2 classes staying the same

??????????????????
Old 07-08-2006, 03:22 PM   #14
ATVracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER
your car would still fall into a class.
maybe i wasn't clear in my first post about the idea. it would look like this:

Pure Street = N/A

Hot Street = Power adders: Limited to one of any single type of power adder, no combining. One nitrous plate, one turbo, or one supercharger. boosted applications limited to one type of intake charge cooler(1 air to air, 1 water to air, or 1 chemical, no combining coolers)

Extreme Street = Power adders: Limited to any single type of power adder, no combining. Multi stage nitrous, multi turbo, and multi supercharger apllications accepted. Boosted applications can combine intake charge cooling systems

Hot Street would get the single stage/single intake charge cooler rules that were previously going to be for pure street. so your car would fit into hot street the way you were going to fit it into pure street. the only real change would be that you are allowed to run a bit lighter.
You should change the rule at the begining of the post to Pure street = N/A.
And I think that is a good change ,JMO.

I wish I could find a way to make it lighter ... 3650lbs. sucks

Last edited by ATVracer; 07-08-2006 at 03:24 PM.
ATVracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 03:23 PM   #15
ATVracer

Quote:
as of right now the fastest v6 power adder car is running what 11.80's. i dont see pure street class running much faster then that.i can see hot street getting down in the 10 sec range though,
Hot street would be quicker than that I hope
Old 07-09-2006, 10:08 AM   #16
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

because of feedback overwhelmingly being for the change in the power adder rules they have been revised in the 3 stock suspension classes.

also updated in extreme street was the elimination of the factory glass rule.

as rules are updated we will put the date of the updates next to the class title so everyone knows that they are reading the latest edition.

it has also been brought to my attention that we do not have any rules pertaining to factory body work. a suggestion of limiting cowl hoods to 3inches in pure street and 4inches in hot street. extreme street is a tough one, should we allow forward facing scoops, refering to pro stock style scoops specifically.
we would, of course, allow factory style forward facing scoops in all classes.

also called into question was the use of fiberglass doors in extreme street since lexan windows are allowed. personally i would like to stick to factory tins to help control costs a little and keep guys from having to run hundreds of pounds of ballast to make teh base weight.

any feedback on the changes and bodywork suggestions?

Old 07-09-2006, 10:35 AM   #17
project89

thnx for making it so any v6 cars dont stand a chance,theres no way in hell a v6 car would make it past first round in hot street
Old 07-09-2006, 10:37 AM   #18
V
Stalker

Quote:
why not index the pure street and hot street classes
pure street = 12.5 or slower or so
hot street = 12.49 or faster or so
with the rules as in ur first post.that would effively take out any high dollar,and large displacement engines,but still leave power adders allowed in the class.effectivly making a budget heads up class that anyone could compete in
the problem with that is i would want to run pure street, N/A w/street tires, but with those time classifications it may put me into hot street against blown combos on slicks, and that would cause me not to even bother competing. And i have a pretty budget friendly setup w/stock displacement. I think how the rules stand as of now are pretty good. But you do bring up a point about the V6/power adder issue, personally it doesnt affect me so im not real concerned about it. Either way you wouldnt be in Pure street since it is and definately should remain N/A, so those rules should be unchanged. IF anything, maybe the Extreme Street rules could be changed to allow V6s to have 2 types of power adders. yes thats a much more intense class, but aside from that, there are plenty of v6s with just one power adder, that will be running in hot street, because of the N/A pure street rules, and i dont think they will like another v6 car running 2 adders compared the their 1. JMO

Last edited by V; 07-09-2006 at 10:42 AM.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:52 AM   #19
project89

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokingSS
the problem with that is i would want to run pure street, N/A w/street tires, but with those time classifications it may put me into hot street against blown combos on slicks, and that would cause me not to even bother competing. And i have a pretty budget friendly setup w/stock displacement. I think how the rules stand as of now are pretty good. But you do bring up a point about the V6/power adder issue, personally it doesnt affect me so im not real concerned about it. Either way you wouldnt be in Pure street since it is and definately should remain N/A, so those rules should be unchanged. IF anything, maybe the Extreme Street rules could be changed to allow V6s to have 2 types of power adders. yes thats a much more intense class, but aside from that, there are plenty of v6s with just one power adder, that will be running in hot street, because of the N/A pure street rules, and i dont think they will like another v6 car running 2 adders compared the their 1. JMO
the point is v6 cars dont stand a chance in hotstreet at all aint gonna happen,granted theres the bracket classes but i know i sure as hell dont want to run a bracket class.granted i have my 87 iroc that could run in hotstreet no problem and is prolly fast enough to win a few events.but i didnt build my rs to leave at home and not run.i quess ill be stuck running in the import vs muscle series if i want a heads up class

a v6 just dosent make the same kind of power as the v8 cars,hot stret is prolly gonna end up being a 10 second class,no v6 power adder car has ever gone that fast(single or dual power adder),with the exception of tta/and fbodys with the tta engine swap
well if the rules arent gonna change how about 2 diff wieght requierments for v8/v6 cars.do something to make it fair for the v6 cars.single power adder 2,700 min wieght etc

Last edited by project89; 07-09-2006 at 10:58 AM.
Old 07-09-2006, 11:16 AM   #20
V
Stalker

well hot street also means any STOCK v8 fbody running ANY nitrous shot or a blower/turbo. Ive seen ls1s with nitrous doing mid-low 12s, and didnt you just run 12.6 with 500 lbs of weight your gonna toss? If thats the case, it does seem to make you equal with many cars that will be in hot street. If Hot Street is made to also require registration, insurance, inspection, maybe that will keep a few more serious cars in extreme street. And i didnt know you built your RS to run in this series, since this whole thing was only brought up after you already had it done, and then you were also selling it at one point.
Old 07-09-2006, 11:23 AM   #21
project89

i didnt build the rs for this series,and it was put up for sale just to see if i could get what i wanted for it,if i would have sold it,id have built another v6 turbo car with an aluminum block.the point is hot street is gonna be to fast of a class.no restrictions on displacement/etc slicks/transbrakes/2steps. u cant tell me this isnt gonna me a high 10 sec class.i just cant go that fast.at 21 psi and on the juice id be lucky to go high 11's.its just not gonna work,not only me either we talking about the other guys with v6 power adder cars,nnone has ever gone faster then 11.89 in a streetable v6
Old 07-09-2006, 03:29 PM   #22
ATVracer

My car would fit into hot street and runs in the 9's.

I dont see any 3800 V6's coming close to that.

Could even run in pure street on the motor, runs 11.0-11.2 depending on weather.

an Fbody V6 with 1 power adder vs. an N/A V8 seems fair.
Old 07-09-2006, 04:05 PM   #23
V
Stalker

ok but i think everyone is fogetting.. V8 doesnt mean LS1, there are still the 3rd gens and the LT1s which run 13's with some decent mods. (one member here had a blown LT1 running 14.7ish, lol) Anyways, maybe i wouldnt have a problem with a stock displacement V6 w/ 1 power adder, but nothing

ATV, thats fine, but the point of pure street as stated above is beginner/budget friendly heads up racing. your 11.0 N/A car is fine, more power to you, you'll probably win. But if a bunch of people who want to run pure street are planning to put down under 12 second passes, Its not a fair shot for way more other beginner/less modded cars.

Perhaps pure street should also be made STOCK DISPLACEMENT in that case. but whatever, im not getting anymore involved, Tim will read all our suggestions and he'll discuss it with others who have setup stuff like this before. No matter what, i'll be running pure street.
Old 07-09-2006, 04:44 PM   #24
ATVracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokingSS
ok but i think everyone is fogetting.. V8 doesnt mean LS1, there are still the 3rd gens and the LT1s which run 13's with some decent mods. (one member here had a blown LT1 running 14.7ish, lol) Anyways, maybe i wouldnt have a problem with a stock displacement V6 w/ 1 power adder, but nothing

ATV, thats fine, but the point of pure street as stated above is beginner/budget friendly heads up racing. your 11.0 N/A car is fine, more power to you, you'll probably win. But if a bunch of people who want to run pure street are planning to put down under 12 second passes, Its not a fair shot for way more other beginner/less modded cars.

Perhaps pure street should also be made STOCK DISPLACEMENT in that case. but whatever, im not getting anymore involved, Tim will read all our suggestions and he'll discuss it with others who have setup stuff like this before. No matter what, i'll be running pure street.
I think the stock displacement would be a good rule for Pure street. That would put me out, my 370 isnt huge but its not stock

Also you have to remember the LT1's and older cars that have been rebuilt are not stock displacemt anymore. maybe have a cubic inch limit.

I want to be in a competitive class and I want to run my power adder its alot more fun.
Old 07-09-2006, 05:43 PM   #25
project89

anyway u look at it a v6 car dosent stand a chance in hot street

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > 2007 F-Body Series