Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > NJFBOA Forums > Site Sponsor and Group Purchases

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 01:43 PM   #1
RockAuto

Lightbulb RockAuto.com Discount Code - Expires February 12th 2016

5% Discount Code: B61E6B1D72179E
Expires: February 12th 2016

Please enter this code in the ‘How Did You Hear about Us’ box to receive discount. Please enter ONLY the discount code, no other words or numbers. Please note that orders using discount codes must be placed online and the discount code must be entered before an order is submitted to receive the discount.

RockAuto.com is an online auto parts store founded in Madison, Wisconsin in 1999 by the Taylor family. RockAuto.com ships thousands of auto parts from over 300 manufacturers to customers worldwide.

The RockAuto Catalog includes a full line of mechanical parts, from small items like filters and wiper blades to complete remanufactured transmissions and engine long blocks. The RockAuto catalog also contains a growing number of body parts: door handles, mirrors, sheet metal, bumper covers, even carpets! The RockAuto Catalog includes vehicles from 1945 to today, making it easy to find parts no matter what you drive.

RockAuto.com prices are reliably low every day! Order online at www.RockAuto.com 24 hours a day. Parts are conveniently delivered to your door. Need help finding parts or placing an order? Visit our Help pages or email service@rockauto.com.

Last edited by RockAuto; 11-12-2015 at 03:16 PM.
Old 10-24-2015, 06:24 PM   #2
Jersey Mike
Power Member/NJFBOA Bookie/Moderator

Social Networks:

So, this is note-worthy:

I just placed an order for 5 small-ish items for my 2 cars. I priced my order out through eBay ($261.30 total), and Amazon ($285.59, but faster shipping with Prime), and RockAuto ($220.02 after the Discount Code above).

The code only saved me 10 or $11, but the pricing to begin with was super competitive. Big thumbs up to RockAuto right now!

1995 Firebird... Stock-ish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1ow View Post
Good. He microwaved my phone 6 years ago, i hope his intake erupts.
Old 11-09-2015, 09:39 AM   #3
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Ordered a maf from the dealer and they sent me an open bag unit for $364. I was a bit ticked they sent an open one. Decided to check rock auto and found the exact same sensor (minus the open bag) for $214 shipped with discount. You guys rock!
Old 11-09-2015, 11:55 AM   #4
V
Stalker

I ordered a radiator for my dodge ram on Thursday night.

Expected delivery by 11/10/15 (tomorrow)...

It arrived Saturday morning!!! I saw the box and couldn't believe the shipping was that fast and it was regular cheap rate shipping.
Old 11-12-2015, 12:29 PM   #5
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
Ordered a maf from the dealer and they sent me an open bag unit for $364. I was a bit ticked they sent an open one. Decided to check rock auto and found the exact same sensor (minus the open bag) for $214 shipped with discount. You guys rock!
The maf saga continues.....

Received my rock auto order today. With a smile on my face, I open the box. I find my sensor and notice no ac delco logos or part numbers on it. I paid $200 something for an ac delco sensor, thought I would see their name. I notice the sensor says Hitachi and the part numbers on the bag are for a Hitachi sensor, which sells for $95 on rock auto. Thinking there must be a mistake, I call them. I explain my situation and am told ac delco uses hitachi for some parts but it carries the ac delco warranty. We read through the generic ac delco warranty and this falls under the all other parts 12 months/12,000 miles. Hitachi offers the exact same. Frustrated, I confront the operator about the extreme difference in price (over $100) and am simply told if I want to return it, he can authorize. The part cost will be refunded to my paypal and I am out the original shipping as well as the return shipping. Moral of the story, do your homework. They offered no info to show that I would receive the exact same sensor for over 2x the cost. They don't even list a photo for ac delco, now I know why. Lost me as a customer for the handling of the situation and the overall lack of sympathy on the phone. Oh well.
Old 11-12-2015, 03:43 PM   #6
Jersey Mike
Power Member/NJFBOA Bookie/Moderator

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
The maf saga continues.....

Received my rock auto order today. With a smile on my face, I open the box. I find my sensor and notice no ac delco logos or part numbers on it. I paid $200 something for an ac delco sensor, thought I would see their name. I notice the sensor says Hitachi and the part numbers on the bag are for a Hitachi sensor, which sells for $95 on rock auto. Thinking there must be a mistake, I call them. I explain my situation and am told ac delco uses hitachi for some parts but it carries the ac delco warranty. We read through the generic ac delco warranty and this falls under the all other parts 12 months/12,000 miles. Hitachi offers the exact same. Frustrated, I confront the operator about the extreme difference in price (over $100) and am simply told if I want to return it, he can authorize. The part cost will be refunded to my paypal and I am out the original shipping as well as the return shipping. Moral of the story, do your homework. They offered no info to show that I would receive the exact same sensor for over 2x the cost. They don't even list a photo for ac delco, now I know why. Lost me as a customer for the handling of the situation and the overall lack of sympathy on the phone. Oh well.
That's extremely crummy. I hope a RockAuto representative gets wind of this and first reimburse you the lost shipping costs you incurred, and next re-trains their staff to better handle such situations, and finally do something about their catalogue.

Sorry Adam.

1995 Firebird... Stock-ish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1ow View Post
Good. He microwaved my phone 6 years ago, i hope his intake erupts.
Old 11-12-2015, 03:44 PM   #7
RockAuto

Hello,

I apologize if I'm giving you duplicate information than what you already received from Customer Service, but I wanted to offer an explanation just in case. Sometimes manufacturers buy parts from other manufacturers and re-sell them as their own. In doing so, they declare the quality of the part worthy of their name and stand behind the product with their warranty.

RockAuto and other retailers have no control over manufacturer supply chains. When you and RockAuto buy a part from a specific manufacturer, we pay their price for it. The parts are not wrong, they simply have been sold that way by the manufacturer. I understand it can be frustrating if you paid for a more expensive brand only to find the manufacturer re-boxed a less expensive brand. If you disagree with a manufacturer's purchasing decision, you may return the part for a full part cost refund within 30 days, but shipping is not refundable.

Thanks,

RockAuto
Old 11-13-2015, 11:25 AM   #8
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Ordered my hitachi maf from someone in New York through ebay, came today in a hitachi box. Identical to the oem I removed. Installed and works flawlessly so far. Cost me a touch over $100.
Old 11-13-2015, 12:19 PM   #9
BonzoHansen
Admin.

I think both sides have had their say.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
Closed Thread

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > NJFBOA Forums > Site Sponsor and Group Purchases