Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Brake, Chassis and Suspension Tech

Notices

Old 10-28-2010, 05:27 PM   #26
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by V View Post
im tired after a long work day but if you think about it... all you'll really doing by shortening the rear lca is adjusting angles, not really pulling the rear closer. the 10 bolt main housing is a set distance from the tailshaft of the trans. the TA is bolted to the rear and attached at the trans... you'd, in theory, need to shorten that there to bring the wheels forward.. by shortening the LCAs, you are just really rotating the rear axle housing and changing the pinion angle.

now i know with my adjustable TA, i could adjust the front rod end and make many more adjustments
the drive shaft can be pushed further into the trans to a point and the stock torque arm mount is open so you can go further into it to a point as well.

honestly the pics don't look bad to me. the trans am bumpers tuck in closer than the camaro bumpers. i dono i wouldn't be too overly concerned with it if what you tried hasn't changed anything. you need to keep many other things in alignment back there so stock length + or - an inch is probably as far as you want to go. just my thoughts.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:33 PM   #27
KirkEvil
10 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
the drive shaft can be pushed further into the trans to a point and the stock torque arm mount is open so you can go further into it to a point as well.

honestly the pics don't look bad to me. the trans am bumpers tuck in closer than the camaro bumpers. i dono i wouldn't be too overly concerned with it if what you tried hasn't changed anything. you need to keep many other things in alignment back there so stock length + or - an inch is probably as far as you want to go. just my thoughts.
I agree with sweetbmxer. The DS and TA are able to be pulled in to a point. Your wheel's position look good to me.
KirkEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 11:46 AM   #28
SeanC

Maybe the adjustment did help a little...I really appreciate your guys help. I'll leave them alone for right now!
SeanC is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Brake, Chassis and Suspension Tech