Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Brake, Chassis and Suspension Tech

Notices

Old 04-03-2016, 10:05 PM   #1
6spdg37s

anyone ever have an issue with BMR adjustable torque arm ?

Today I spent a majority of my day putting my new clutch in, have a ford 9 inch rear. Since I had to drop the stock torque arm anyway I figured I Would put my BMR adjustable trans mount torque arm in.

Issue is I attempted to adjust it to the stock length initially and it was seizing up and having issues with the threads and stuff... nothing would adjust or line up right.

anyone ever have this issue before? I Had purchased it from summit racing recently so they are sending me a new one
6spdg37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 01:34 AM   #2
Dudbird113

My umi was off when i used the i believe outter holes (not stock ones that you use on 10 bolt) on my 12 bolt

Last edited by Dudbird113; 04-04-2016 at 01:35 AM.
Dudbird113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 06:03 AM   #3
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

How do you adjust for stock length... a torque arm cannot change length...?
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 08:22 AM   #4
6spdg37s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudbird113 View Post
My umi was off when i used the i believe outter holes (not stock ones that you use on 10 bolt) on my 12 bolt
It wouldn't line up at all nor would it adjust it actually seized weird **** but summit racing is sending me new replacement hopefully this works

Also the clearance was all F'D up the way it was sitting it would rub the whole body of the car

Pushed it out of the shop and into a spot until the new one comes it sucks pushing a spool car lol
Old 04-09-2016, 08:07 PM   #5
6spdg37s

I got the replacement delivered and put it on last night and there was definitely something wrong with the original one. But I still was not able to install it with the bracket already attached as they do in the video. had to separate it then do it.

I didn't set the pinion angle yet (car isnt being driven) I plan to set it sometime this week and be done.

I just dont understand why i had such a hard time putting it in meanwhile my friends all have the same 9 inch rear and had no problems at all...
Old 04-09-2016, 08:42 PM   #6
MyFirstZ

Social Networks:

Just picked one up tonight, I'll let you know how my install goes. This one was previously on a twelve and going on a twelve bolt.

But the UMI chassis mounted one I have on there lined up fine and wasn't almost perfect when I checked the pinion angle
MyFirstZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 08:46 PM   #7
6spdg37s

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFirstZ View Post
Just picked one up tonight, I'll let you know how my install goes. This one was previously on a twelve and going on a twelve bolt.

But the UMI chassis mounted one I have on there lined up fine and wasn't almost perfect when I checked the pinion angle
so my tuner uses all Spohn and said they go in mad easy, the video of BMR shows it going in mad easy.. but it wasnt a 9" car

possible that my LCA setup effected the distance of the rear not sure.

but the first torque arm they sent was definitely defective.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Brake, Chassis and Suspension Tech