Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-08-2009, 01:03 AM   #1
Ian
Banned Camp Director Emeritus

Marcus Luttrell's dog...

was shot on his property earlier this week. please take some time out of your day to at least think about Marcus. Marcus is a former Navy SEAL who is the only surviving member of Operation Redwing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJLO_JI9Pns

ETA:

dasyfund.com

Last edited by Ian; 04-08-2009 at 01:23 AM.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:10 AM   #2
Clark

Wow man those guys are lucky to be alive.
Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:33 AM   #3
Jam
Banned

compelling story and definitely a sad one for sure

Last edited by Jam; 04-08-2009 at 11:56 AM.
Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 02:18 AM   #4
Ian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam View Post
although a compelling story and definitely a sad one for sure, IMO the only reason Fox is using this story is to subliminally persuade viewers to feel angry when Obama orders more taxes and background checks for guns.
I don't know how to respond to this because I am literally enraged by what you typed.

dont ever take away from an American Hero what you yourself are not willing to give up.

In case you're not sure what that means, it means dont ever take away the death of a loved one unless you are willing to be the dead loved one!

you, or anyone, brings politics into this one more time, you will be banned for 2 weeks. do you understand?
Old 04-08-2009, 06:23 AM   #5
FIcamaroRE92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
I don't know how to respond to this because I am literally enraged by what you typed.

dont ever take away from an American Hero what you yourself are not willing to give up.

In case you're not sure what that means, it means dont ever take away the death of a loved one unless you are willing to be the dead loved one!

you, or anyone, brings politics into this one more time, you will be banned for 2 weeks. do you understand?
good point.

Its really a shame tho.
01 Cherokee Sport -4 1/2'' lift 32'' goodyear duratracs
roofrack and other useless off road stuff
WTB: '71 Dodge Demon 340 project car
FIcamaroRE92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:00 AM   #6
madness410

that is really terrible. this man is a war hero and some punks kill his dog over nothing. the kids are lucky to be alive especially after talking crap to him after they were apprehended.
madness410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:43 AM   #7
hardline_42

Saw this on Glenn Beck yesterday. I shed a tear just thinking about someone doing that to one of my dogs, let alone a pet that has helped you heal from such a traumatic experience as Luttrell's.

To Jam, I don't see what your comment has to do with this story. However, before shooting your mouth off, do a little research. In NJ, in order to buy a gun, you have to:

1) Submit an application, fingerprints and fee to your local PD
2) Consent to both criminal and mental health background checks
3) Provide 2 character references who WILL be contacted
4) Provide employment information and supervisor contact info (they WILL be contacted)
5) Wait 3 to 6 months (took me 7 months) for the State and Federal Bureaus of Investigation to complete their background checks.
6) Pick up Firearms Purchaser ID card at your local PD
7) Get fingerprinted (AGAIN)
8) Go to gunstore, fill out paperwork and get yet another background check.
9) Wait up to 3 days for the National Instant Check Service results to come back if they're busy.
10) Drive your long gun home in original box or lockable case in a compartment that is inaccessible to the driver, with ammo in a container in a separate location from the gun.
11) For a handgun repeat steps 1-10 for EACH handgun transaction (purchase/exchange) and add the cost of a mandatory trigger lock to step 10.

...so, basically, I don't think any NJ gun-owner needs "subliminal persuasion" to feel angry about gun "background checks." I'm not being political, just trying to add some perspective.

'93 Z28 LT1 - Parting out

"Is that a rat? No, it's just a really fat mouse."

Last edited by hardline_42; 04-08-2009 at 08:57 AM.
hardline_42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:54 AM   #8
bobb1589

Quote:
although a compelling story and definitely a sad one for sure, IMO the only reason Fox is using this story is to subliminally persuade viewers to feel angry when Obama orders more taxes and background checks for guns.
that is the most ridiculous thing i have heard, and for you to say it in a situation liek this....
Old 04-08-2009, 09:08 AM   #9
bandit88
Power Member / Load Driver

this is terrible and outrages me to the fullest! what heartless ******** to take a dog and do such a thing...... they should have the same favor those pieces of scum!
I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement & physics

2011 Regal CXL TO2
bandit88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:16 AM   #10
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

this is disgusting.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:29 AM   #11
12 Second Club

What a bunch of cowards. They're lucky the cops got them before Mr. Luttel did.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:09 AM   #12
Jam
Banned

lol what I said wasn't that ridiculous... but you're right I shouldn't have brought up politics in a thread like this my bad. I do feel bad for the dude though as an owner of a dog myself that I received for recovering from a broken back (still recovering).
Old 04-08-2009, 11:52 AM   #13
Frosty

I've been following the story since Glenn Beck started talking about it the other day. Scumbag 1 and Scumbag 2 better get prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I just don't get what would compel someone to kill a defenseless animal like that...it makes no sense. Real tough guys there

Jam....I'm with Ian, I have no idea how to even respond to what you said. One has nothing to do with the other....I'm TRYING to see the connection but yeah...no dice. You must watch MSNBC or something A senseless comment isn't worth being banned over...if you're going to get banned for a political comment at least make it worth your while and relevant, lol.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)

Last edited by Frosty; 04-08-2009 at 11:56 AM.
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:58 AM   #14
Jam
Banned

lol I apologized for bringing it up and I edited my comment so that it can be disregarded for future reference.

Last edited by Jam; 04-08-2009 at 12:31 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:12 PM   #15
Ian

Quote:
lol what I said wasn't that ridiculous... but you're right I shouldn't have brought up politics in a thread like this my bad. I do feel bad for the dude though as an owner of a dog myself that I received for recovering from a broken back (still recovering).
Quote:
lol I apologized for bringing it up and I edited my comment so that it can be disregarded for for reference.
thank you
Old 04-08-2009, 12:13 PM   #16
hardline_42

^^ Too bad for that pesky "quote" button.

'93 Z28 LT1 - Parting out

"Is that a rat? No, it's just a really fat mouse."

hardline_42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 02:44 PM   #17
baddest434
8 Second Club

WOW that is just so messed up! i wish the police would have let marcus have 2 minutes with those lowlife scumbags. just sickening to hear that!!!
baddest434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 02:46 PM   #18
79T/A

Hopefully, the United States of Texas will destroy these two scumbags.
79T/A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 03:10 PM   #19
HeadlessNorseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post

Its a very ****ed up thing and those kids deserve whatever is going to happen to them + more, but isnt this a little over the top? He didnt take anything away, he didnt say the kids killed the dog and the guy chased them down just to promote or demote gun ownership. My whole family has lived and lost through ww2 and vietnam and i did not find anything personal about his statement, because the media does work that way. Maybe not in this particular case, but still...

JSFBOA

Draino?

Last edited by HeadlessNorseman; 04-08-2009 at 03:44 PM.
HeadlessNorseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 03:33 PM   #20
Dilley
Silly Mustang Owner

this is sooooooo sad i have had my dog taken from me by another human being and it is one of the worst things one can ever experience those kids are just lucky Marcus has the amount of self control that he does

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beans View Post
crank hp is like measuring your dick from behind your balls.
Dilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 03:45 PM   #21
HeadlessNorseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilley View Post
this is sooooooo sad i have had my dog taken from me by another human being and it is one of the worst things one can ever experience those kids are just lucky Marcus has the amount of self control that he does
I would sooner harm a human than an animal unless my life depended on it. I dont know how someone could even do that. I, for one, dont have that kind of self control

JSFBOA

Draino?

Last edited by HeadlessNorseman; 04-08-2009 at 03:45 PM.
HeadlessNorseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 04:10 PM   #22
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

Geez, I think I would have continued to drive over them after I caught up with them, and or gone back over to check vitals....

God damn, what a screwed up world we live in... I sure hope Texas does what Texas does best and gives them the harshest punishment possible.
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 04:13 PM   #23
Dilley
Silly Mustang Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shownomercy View Post
God damn, what a screwed up world we live in... I sure hope Texas does what Texas does best and gives them the harshest punishment possible.
agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beans View Post
crank hp is like measuring your dick from behind your balls.
Dilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:27 PM   #24
Blacdout96

I uh.....I am just horrified by seeing this. I'm sure these guys who killed his dog didn't know that he is the lone survivor of the attack in afghan. But none the less, whether it's Joe Schmo, or this great american war hero, there is no justification in the world to why these guys would go around joyriding, and killing dogs. I think the other two should face the same sentence because even if they were just witnesses, they could of stopped them. I really hope that they get wasted in jail for what they've done.

My heart go out to Marcus, adn his family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
Uh yeah, after they surprized buttsecks us at Pearl Harbor?

Last edited by Blacdout96; 04-10-2009 at 11:28 PM.
Blacdout96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:08 PM   #25
bobb1589

i wouldnt be surprised if we hear about these guys "Dissappearing" in a few months to a year or so

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge