Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Electrical and Wiring

Notices

Old 07-05-2005, 06:45 PM   #1
ztheg1

Looking for the headlamp motor relay

Just got a 86 trans am and boy is it an electrical mess. First thing i'm gonna tackle is the headlights that don't flip up and down anymore. I'v traced all the wires based on the haynes manual and am lookign for what they called an isolation relay. White and Yellow wire connect to it from the headlight switch than some more wires come out and go to each headlamp relay than on to the acctualors. I can't find the relay it's possible mine is gone in which case i'll need a replacement if anyone has a parts car, but if anyone can direct me where to look for this stupid thing i cant find it at all blah
Old 07-05-2005, 07:10 PM   #2
Ian
Banned Camp Director Emeritus

Too bad you dont have an 85 or older bird, cause I have a working set of headlight motors sitting right next to me that I'm never gonna use. I'm right in hillsborough too. Well, if you in fact don't have the relay in there at all, you could just stop by a pontiac dealership and have them order one for you (they probably wont have it in stock). Good luck with the car, maybe I'll see it cruising around sometime. 8)
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 07:19 PM   #3
enRo
13 Second Club

Most third gens (older ones) have a headlight switch problem... did you try holding the headlight switch in between on and off? Thats how my 86 TA is.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:52 PM   #4
ztheg1

ya i know they did, thats why i think the guy before me disconnected EVERYTHING theirs literally wires and harnesses everywhere lol. I'm pretty sure i'm missing this relay however if you get time could you look at your 86 for me andsee if u can find this relay? Might be somewhere neer the battery Thanks

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Electrical and Wiring