Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 08:42 AM   #101
Featherburner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyEllEssWon View Post
If you can afford $600 a month you can afford $900 a month. If you're taking on a car payment for $600 a month and you dont have another few hundred dollar buffer each month, then you cant afford a $600 car payment either. that is unless you want to go paycheck to paycheck. Also if you're buying a $40k car and only putting 3 grand down on the car...you can't afford that car either.
You state this so matter of factly. What happens when a $900 payment puts you where you say you can't afford the $600? (few hundred dollar buffer) By your logic, if you can afford a $600 payment you can afford a $900 payment then, you can afford a $1200 payment. Of course if you can afford a $1200 payment then you can afford a $1500 payment. Sound stupid to you? Yeah, me too!
Old 01-12-2016, 09:04 AM   #102
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Quote:
If you can afford $600 a month you can afford $900 a month. If you're taking on a car payment for $600 a month and you dont have another few hundred dollar buffer each month, then you cant afford a $600 car payment either. that is unless you want to go paycheck to paycheck. Also if you're buying a $40k car and only putting 3 grand down on the car...you can't afford that car either.
I know you are just being a complete jack ass but I enjoy the fire burning strong. Where does your logic come from? At what point can you no longer afford a larger payment? Maybe you can take the extra $300, but can you take another $300? You can get a lot more car for $1200 a month. Maybe someone can only afford $200 a month to keep some rainy day money handy, so how do you reason them into a larger payment without living paycheck to paycheck?

Btw Ferrari in Edison comes highly recommended.
Old 01-12-2016, 01:05 PM   #103
wrong generation

Social Networks:

its really sad when you have to take out a mortgage to buy a new car. be it camaro,mustang 0r challenger.
Old 01-12-2016, 01:57 PM   #104
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrong generation View Post
its really sad when you have to take out a mortgage to buy a new car. be it camaro,mustang 0r challenger.
Do tell.

Last I checked my truck payment was significantly less than my mortgage?
Old 01-12-2016, 03:57 PM   #105
The_Bishop
Power Member

Quote:
So how did your last new car purchase go?

Probably not too well, I take it?

I mean, if you can afford a '90's thunderbird, you can afford a Corvette, right?
1998 Z-28 - SLP lid - Ported TB - LS6 Intake - Dynatech SS headers/Catted Y - Magnaflow Exh - 3.42 - Yank SS3600 - UMI weld-in subframe connectors, Adj LCA, Adj PHB, Q1A TA - Bolt-in Relocation Brackets - Strano springs - Koni shocks - 17" C6Z06 wheels - 326HP/335ft-lbs - 12.35 @ 110.41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbirdws6 View Post
I can appreciate a dream but this person needed some real friends.

Last edited by The_Bishop; 01-12-2016 at 03:58 PM.
Old 01-12-2016, 04:13 PM   #106
wrong generation

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Do tell.

Last I checked my truck payment was significantly less than my mortgage?

first off i do not have a mortgage payment. i live on a 30' searay that i own out right. i pay a dock slip for the year which isn't much. that being stated ill give you a few examples.

i know of at least 10 people who live in the same county as you. who's mortgage payments range between $800-1000 a month. now taking that the $600 figure stated above thats basicly a mortgage payment. $600 may be less then $800 but not by much and same basic principle.

i also have a friend who recently moved out of the state due to the high cost of living here. he bought a house with 10 acre's of land in another state for $40,000. now i don't exactly know what his mortgage payments are but i bet you a $40,000 camaro in new jersey is the same price in every other state. so if he were to go buy a 2016 camaro. his car payment would be the same if not close to his mortgage payment.

the idea that a brand new camaro,mustang,challenger costs as much as a house just boggles my mind.
Old 01-12-2016, 05:05 PM   #107
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:

i also have a friend who recently moved out of the state due to the high cost of living here. he bought a house with 10 acre's of land in another state for $40,000. now i don't exactly know what his mortgage payments are but i bet you a $40,000 camaro in new jersey is the same price in every other state. so if he were to go buy a 2016 camaro. his car payment would be the same if not close to his mortgage payment.

the idea that a brand new camaro,mustang,challenger costs as much as a house just boggles my mind.
Because it doesn't.

The national average for a home loan in the USA is $225,000 or so. That's Ferrari territory.

I do not know your friend but 40k for a house on 10 acres is a price in a very cheap area. You could theoretically live in one of the $1 homes in Newark or Gary Indiana and then a soft taco would technically be the same price.

Last edited by WildBillyT; 01-12-2016 at 05:09 PM.
Old 01-12-2016, 05:08 PM   #108
Blackbirdws6
Lord of the rings / 10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Pics of said $40k home? I think I would rather live in the Camaro.

97 T/A Ram Air Convt
Forever dyno queen / 777rwhp 662 rwtq @ 17lbs / 10.2 @ 140

'24 Corvette Z06
17 Sierra 2500HD Dmax
81 Turbo TA
Old 01-12-2016, 05:15 PM   #109
V
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillyT View Post
The national average for a home loan in the USA is $225,000 or so.
I'd take that any day over whats available in northern bergen county. lol.
Old 01-12-2016, 07:02 PM   #110
BonzoHansen
Admin.

He might have bought a block in detroit.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
Old 01-12-2016, 07:05 PM   #111
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
He might have bought detroit.
FTFY
Old 01-12-2016, 09:55 PM   #112
BigAls87Z28

Quote:
What...wait...whuh?
You lose a lot of ground, and whatever credibility you might have had in this conversation. There are a lot of assumptions and what ifs.
Yeah, if you are putting 3k down on a car that costs more than, say, 20k, then you probably can't afford a lot.

Quote:
He makes a fine point. The price isn't a deciding factor here, the point im trying to make is that what was once the best bang for your buck historically,
is no longer a great deal compared to the competition and is no longer an entry level v8 performance vehicle....which is what the Camaro was originally
intended for. The fact that you can get a Corvette with minimal effort instead, is a very weak point for Chevy...IMO.
Camaro has NEVER been the "bang for your buck" car. They are new cars! New cars are expensive!
Yeah, could you get a base model Camaro for under $3k? Yeah, sure! But the median income was 6k!
How is that different from today when the median income in the US is around 45k and the base Camaro is 27k? This same line of thinking is linked with this romantic idea that years ago, they were selling boatloads of Hemi Cudas, Chevelle SS 454s, and Boss 429s in volumes that would rival modern Japanese midsized cars.

Camaro has always been at a price premium because it has always been a step above Mustang and has been priced accordingly. Not dramatically higher, but higher none the less. Challenger offers nothing compared to either the Mustang or Camaro in price and performance.

Camaro is just as affordable as it always has been. You cannot get any car from any corner of this planet that will come near the performance of Camaro at this price, not even Mustang.

Look, Nasty. Give it up. Every time some new performance car rolls into to town, there are always a small contingent of knuckle draggers that want a box with an engine for the price of a slightly used mountain bike.

There has never been a time where there was a "cheap" V8 Camaro, at least not in the last quarter century, where there was a "cheap" V8 Camaro. Cheap is also a relative term. See below:

Quote:
Some people buy a house for 40k and some people spend 40k on their third wedding.

Camaro is a great buy in the market. Can you buy a Corvette for similar price? No, no you can't. No matter how hard you try and wish upon a star that $40k is close to $60k, it still doesn't change the fact that it's not.

So while you live in some alternate universe where there are $20k V8 cars, we will be here in this world, waiting to take a ride in the best performance vehicle for under 40k.
Old 01-13-2016, 05:20 AM   #113
NastyEllEssWon

[QUOTE=Featherburner;923653]

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Bishop View Post

Good actually. I decided to make a deal allowing me to purchase the car, financed through the dealer and paid it off in cash. Used the money leftover to buy a Thunderbird to have fun with in the summer. The minor boost to my credit score by paying off a car early led to my gf and I are closing on our first house together & Im currently shopping for something to replace the Thunderbird soon...hence the interest in current pony cars. Thanks for asking

Old 01-13-2016, 06:24 AM   #114
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Gangster stack of 20's, yo.
Old 01-13-2016, 06:43 AM   #115
NastyEllEssWon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
Gangster stack of 20's, yo.

LOL it couldve been a pile of coins and it'd be worth the same. I dont choose what comes out of the register at the Credit Union, I dont complain either as long as they give me the money. Im just saying I decided to take Scott and BLS advice earlier last year to NOT buy an expensive car, do some things to get the credit up and then when its time to get a nice car, the interest rates wont be too bad. It worked out well actually
Old 01-13-2016, 07:08 AM   #116
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

So did you order a z06 yet?????
Old 01-13-2016, 07:20 AM   #117
NastyEllEssWon

Quote:
So did you order a z06 yet?????

lol way too much car. I told you, I bought my house & I'll be shopping for a car this summer. I'd rather have a convertible than a z06 anyway
Old 01-13-2016, 07:38 AM   #118
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Quote:
lol way too much car. I told you, I bought my house & I'll be shopping for a car this summer. I'd rather have a convertible than a z06 anyway

Go on.....
Old 01-13-2016, 07:47 AM   #119
Featherburner

[QUOTE=NastyEllEssWon;923672]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherburner View Post

Good actually. I decided to make a deal allowing me to purchase the car, financed through the dealer and paid it off in cash. Used the money leftover to buy a Thunderbird to have fun with in the summer. The minor boost to my credit score by paying off a car early led to my gf and I are closing on our first house together & Im currently shopping for something to replace the Thunderbird soon...hence the interest in current pony cars. Thanks for asking

You have me quoted but nothing I said.
Old 01-13-2016, 07:48 AM   #120
NastyEllEssWon

this is new to me. Also even if I had the money for a z06 I could never spend that type of cash on a car. absolutely beautiful though and takes care of the ugly roofline of the c6. right click save as

Edit: Feather... LOL on my screen it just shows im bad at quoting

Last edited by NastyEllEssWon; 01-13-2016 at 07:49 AM.
Old 01-13-2016, 07:56 AM   #121
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Quote:
this is new to me. Also even if I had the money for a z06 I could never spend that type of cash on a car. absolutely beautiful though and takes care of the ugly roofline of the c6. right click save as
But you do have the money? You have the money for a camaro, you have the money for a vette. This is vette. Where is problem? Sign here x________________
Old 01-13-2016, 08:01 AM   #122
NastyEllEssWon

Quote:
But you do have the money? You have the money for a camaro, you have the money for a vette. This is vette. Where is problem? Sign here x________________

You can sit here an patronize me for my opinions all you want and constantly sit here try to make me look like an ******* for having my own opinion on something. The fact is I shared my opinion and even had my own decision questioned based off my own opinion...I've been civil this entire time and you continue to personally be an ******* for my opinion. **** you dude.

edit: my point is that if gm doesnt think its that big a jump to go from a $32k challenger/mustangs price point to get into a 40k camaro then why do you have such a hard time believing going from a Camaro
to a Corvette is anything out of this world extraordinarily insane. Obviously going from a $55k Base Corvette to a possibly $100k z06 is ridiculous & you know it. Not once have I ever seen anyone ever come
at another member around here questioning their financial status when talking about a $30k - $50k car but you have to be an a hole and not even question it but go as far as to dig up quotes from the past to
check to see if I actually bought a car...and then questioning the car I buy. Over an opinion. So **** both of you...you Adam and Bishop.

Last edited by NastyEllEssWon; 01-13-2016 at 08:16 AM.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:55 AM   #123
Blackbirdws6
Lord of the rings / 10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

97 T/A Ram Air Convt
Forever dyno queen / 777rwhp 662 rwtq @ 17lbs / 10.2 @ 140

'24 Corvette Z06
17 Sierra 2500HD Dmax
81 Turbo TA
Old 01-13-2016, 08:58 AM   #124
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

Quote:
first off i do not have a mortgage payment. i live on a 30' searay that i own out right. i pay a dock slip for the year which isn't much. that being stated ill give you a few examples.

i know of at least 10 people who live in the same county as you. who's mortgage payments range between $800-1000 a month. now taking that the $600 figure stated above thats basicly a mortgage payment. $600 may be less then $800 but not by much and same basic principle.

$800-1000 a month in NJ? Is it a shack?

A single example of moving to middle of nowhere land with a shack on it for $40k is hardly cause to demean a car for 40k.

Hell, using this thread's logic, a kia should be sold for two tacos and a corona. Here I was looking at 65k trucks and thinking that was absurd.
Old 01-13-2016, 09:08 AM   #125
NastyEllEssWon

My whole point is the Camaro used to be the poor mans Corvette but somewhere along the line became the rich mans Mustang. The Corvette is a better bang for your buck considering the package you get for the price compared to the Camaro. I still hold firm on those regards Matt. I just wish there was a cheaper price point from GM to get the new v8 motor, then it'd be easier to compromise platform > bodystyle.
Closed Thread

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge