Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Classified Forums > Classifieds Forums > For Sale - Vehicles

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 09:21 PM   #1
The Fixer

Nice '01 Cherokee Sport - 83K mi. - $5600

Been thinking about this for a while, and decided to put my XJ up for sale. It's a Patriot Blue 2001 Cherokee Sport with graphite interior. It's loaded with power windows, locks, mirrors, remote keyless entry, rear defrost, and factory privacy glass (tinted windows). Everything works, but sometimes the windows can only be opened with the driver control (it's the lockout button, very common with the XJ). I'm the second owner - I bought it in March of 2005 with 48K, and only has 83K miles now. It's got great heat and AC (had the evaporator replaced last summer), and I replaced the water pump, clutch fan, thermostat, and upper/lower hoses this past summer, and installed new front brakes. It runs just a tick under 210 all the time, which is perfect for this motor. Oil pressure is normal - 20psi at hot idle, and ~50psi under load. It's equipped with the awesome AW4 auto trans, NP231 transfer case and Chrysler 8.25 rear - basically a bullet-proof combo. The rear brakes have been converted over to discs with parts pirated from a '97 Grand Cherokee, and the parking brake works too. Stops much better than before!!

On the inside, I added adjustable/removable rear seat headrests pilfered from a Grand Cherokee, and silver-faced gauge overlays. Inspection is good through 3/11. It's also got a newer Dynomax cat-back exhaust, and the main cats were replaced under federal warranty within the last year or two - I have paperwork for it. Other items installed in the last four years include both upper O2 sensors, Optima battery, new front driver side window regulator, Pioneer CD with AUX input and new speakers all around, Bilstein shocks, and Moog swaybar bushings and endlinks. It has stock steel wheels with TJ center caps and 225/75 Wrangler GS-A tires, all with good tread. One rear tire got stabbed with a nail, so it's been plugged, but doesn't affect anything. It also has a decent pair of Pilot driving lights mounted near the stock openings, and they're wired with relays that shut off with the high beams (just like a stock setup should). Some of the paint is flaking off the bumper endcaps (it's been bumped in the parking lot), but it'd be easy enough to strip them back to black. And there's a bit of rust in the lower part of the front passenger door (very common), but the floors and rocker panels are all perfect.

Overall, it's a really clean truck, but I'm just ready to get back into a car. My kids are getting bigger, and my house projects are pretty much complete, so I don't need the cargo room any more. And truth be told, it's the longest I've ever owned any vehicle (besides my Monte) so it's time for a change. My asking price is $5600 - look on Craigslist and Autotrader, and you'll see that's more than a fair price, especially considering the low miles and upgrades. Here's a few pics -

Rear disc conversion -

Rear seat headrest install -

Nice color!

PM me if interested! I'm up in North Jersey, near NYC.

Former Toy - '88 Monte SS - had lots of mods...

Last edited by The Fixer; 11-16-2009 at 04:12 PM.
Old 11-14-2009, 05:04 PM   #2
The Fixer

Bump - Winter is coming, guys - think about it!

Old 11-16-2009, 04:10 PM   #3
The Fixer

Bump - here's few pics I took today of it!

Old 11-19-2009, 09:49 PM   #4
The Fixer

TTT again - no one wants an awesome truck for the winter!!??

Closed Thread

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Classified Forums > Classifieds Forums > For Sale - Vehicles