Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-03-2018, 08:07 AM   #1
Arikalimanis

Fuel pump on new build , carb conversion ext HELPPPPP

Hey guys so i have so many questions it might even be hard to start this off , anyway long story short i bought a 85 iroc which was a 305 with a holley carb and a moroso hei distributor . Now before i swapped it for a 350 .060 over it would start and run fine with the exeption on some mechanical problems . So i swapped the motor i reused what ever i could from the old 305 like holley carb edelbrock intake hei distributor and some other stuff ,so when i first went to go start the car i wasnt getting fuel pump prime i tracked down the relay replaced theconnector and relay so now i have fuel pump prime when i turn the key but zero fuel pressure after i try and crank it , side note i got the engine running by filling the carb and when it uses up w.e it primed it shuts off . I have a spagetti of a mess on in the engine bay with wiring and im just lost now what could be the issue ? Bad ground ? Bad pump ? Oil pressure switch (which i dont have only a mechanical on top by distributor) regulator ?(which worked fine 2 months ago im lost please help
Arikalimanis is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Tags
carb convertion, fuel pump, fuel pump relay, new build