Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > NJFBOA Forums > Club and Website Support

Notices

Old 09-11-2005, 06:53 AM   #26
jimmyboy8301
12 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER
i don't think we will be able to get this together for this year. at least not to any grand scale.
if someone wants to lend me a hand planning a few things over the winter i would be glad to persue this though.

later
tim
me also

2008 Chevy Silverado LTZ Vortec Max
Superlift/BMF/Toyo/EFI Live/K&N/Cherry Bomb/Pioneer/Alpine/Bose/and more
2001 Chevy Camaro SS SOM build #487 12.44 @ 107.92 *SOLD*
jimmyboy8301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 06:25 PM   #27
Wasted Youth

well this is still a good idea however...LBI has no parking anywhere, seaside is a bust, now at the same time...it is a possibility to do a regular toms river meet like we used to but cruise to the beach afterwards or something...belmar area would be your best bet...slightly north of it even ...other then asbury or long branch

1980 Ducati Darmah 12:1 arias pistons, 88mm cylinders, 44mm intake 40mm exhaust valves, Imola cam, NCR race exhaust, 40mm intakes, 40mm dellorto carbs, etc

www.myspace.com/onesykgta
Wasted Youth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 06:38 PM   #28
ALLMACK

I hate to say it but WILDWOOD nj is the place to be for a cruise!
Im really not that big a fan of wildwood but, they always have things going on there like custom car shows, harley week...
I personaly like stone harbor NJ....oh by the way there are beaches in north and central??? LOL just kidding!
Old 01-16-2006, 08:52 PM   #29
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveR
Come out to my neck of teh woods, Belmar! Chill on the beach then head into DJ's for some beer and girls.
DJs? Better bring the IROC and gold chains.

Start out kind of early, BA has a good sized lot now. They even had a car show there in October. Maybe management might go along with that, like the college alumni days.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 09:02 AM   #30
SteveR
I <3 sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen
DJs? Better bring the IROC and gold chains.
haha yea, if you get there past 6pm, make sure you have grease in your hair and an Italian flag sticker on your bumper But if you get there during the day, it's all chill beach folk
'78 Big Wheel- 2FWFP
SteveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 04:21 PM   #31
Firebird67dude
14 Second Club

I say a beach party is a must. I can bring my lil bros and we can take turn shake n bakin em'. Wats that park thing thats by seaside. I was there this summer n it was quite nice.
Firebird67dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 05:36 PM   #32
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

we are working on locations that will be closer to teh beach adn popular cruising spots. a meet actually on the beach or at a place that is with in a block or so of any decent beach prolly won't happen.
it is jsut way too expensive to get involved in. they all want a huge deposit, limited menu, and no refunds if people don't show up.
we will have a meet or two during the summer that are near points of interest that we can cruise to and hang out at as a group after the normal meet happens.

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 06:15 PM   #33
PBodyGT87
Hot Liz, Cold Beer

Quote:
we will have a meet or two during the summer that are near points of interest that we can cruise to and hang out at as a group after the normal meet happens.
Seriously, I really want to have a beach meet as I told you before. I think the most reasonable way to do it is just as you said. Being that space is limited when it comes to locations nearest to the beach, the only way to make this work would be turning into a weekend trip at Wildwood or something where we all stay in a hotel like Bal Harbor, which is nice, but being that this idea would cost so much, and so many of the members are likely to back out, or not be able to make it at all, it would be really hard to make it come through.

HOWEVER, if we find a location to meet and barbecue or something further away from the beach, and then cruise down to the beach after, at which point, parking near eachother or in groups won't really be necessary, because we would have already seen all the cars at our first meeting place/ BBQ location. Meeting up with everyone on the beach itself after crusing down and all hanging out would be cool.

Also: 1974 Honda CB550/four. Ah, the OPEN-open road.
99 Saturn SW1. Flaunting a fender "blemish" (large gaping hole) thanks to a hit a run. Never caught the guy. Permanent Driveway Status at Justin's.
PBodyGT87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 06:28 PM   #34
BigAls87Z28

Even Belmar is pretty packed durring the summer. We would be hard pressed to find a beach that isnt. We would have to go early in the summer, or late, after all the Benny's leave.
Old 01-24-2006, 06:58 PM   #35
V
Stalker

we should rent a beach house for the summer, it could be a NJFBOA summer house... people could put in money now dependign on how long they wanna stay.. ok so it may not be a feasible idea but with some planning and work, it could be a possibility...
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 07:23 PM   #36
Brando56894
15 Second Club

that would be an awesome idea but id doubt it would happen. i like liz's idea i know of a few cheap (but nice) hotels in wildwood that are pretty close to the boardwalk, and the beach usually isnt that packed since it is like a mile from the water to the boardwalk and what (iroc) dan said i second WW, OC or sea isle mainly cuz were like 30 mins away from there... for the people that live farther away they could stay in the hotels and the closer ppl could just drive home whenever they get tired. but yea we gotta make this work somehow. also theres a way to get around the beach tags, just act like your asleep or go down to the water when u see them commin. works everytime
- Pancake Bunny Club Member #3

OG!
Brando56894 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 07:47 PM   #37
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen
Start out kind of early, BA has a good sized lot now. They even had a car show there in October. Maybe management might go along with that, like the college alumni days.
I still think someone should call Bar A.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
Old 01-25-2006, 08:55 PM   #38
NP_00'T/A
12 Second Club

The hotel I stay in in wildwood has a large out door area by the pool and grills for us to use... and a parking garage ! Most of the rooms can sleep multiple people so it wouldn't be too bad for 1-2 nights.
Old 01-26-2006, 12:01 AM   #39
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

the shore at teh summer is expensive to even think about. any restaurant or hotel with the access and visibility that we want requires a deposit that we jsut do not have.
we are persuing the idea of having a BBQ somewhere near the shore(not right on the beach but with in a few miles) and then working on an area to cruise into together to hang out on some stretch of boardwalk or jstu cruise the strip.

Old 01-26-2006, 12:57 AM   #40
Brando56894
15 Second Club

hmm ok, sounds good

OG!
Old 01-26-2006, 01:08 AM   #41
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

Kommandant
of the ACL (Anti Canadian League)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Junk the pos, spend the money on beer, acquire headache.

Same result cept this headache doesnt last months.
Savage_Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 02:10 AM   #42
Rich189
NJFBOA Supporting Sponsor

hmm my uncle has a beach house in beach haven.... 6 bedrooms 3 baths and plenty of room on the floors couches ect and plenty of parking down the street ect.... not sure if he'll let everyone stay there but i could sure as hell try

2002 Trans am ws6.. black on black bolt ons with a JS built trans, 3200 stall,TTM's w/315's, full umi adj rear suspension, strano springs/sways, and koni 4/4's

2015 Forester XT touring... STI Sway bars
Rich189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 04:12 PM   #43
Brando56894
15 Second Club

dude that would be soo freakin sweet!! maybe we could each pitch in a few bucks to persuade him

OG!
Old 01-26-2006, 08:24 PM   #44
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
we are persuing the idea of having a BBQ somewhere near the shore(not right on the beach but with in a few miles) and then working on an area to cruise into together to hang out on some stretch of boardwalk or jstu cruise the strip.
http://www.bar-a.com/parties.htm

Another idea might be something like Alliare State Park in Wall.

Old 01-26-2006, 08:45 PM   #45
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich189
hmm my uncle has a beach house in beach haven.... 6 bedrooms 3 baths and plenty of room on the floors couches ect and plenty of parking down the street ect.... not sure if he'll let everyone stay there but i could sure as hell try
would you want to be responsible of rthe actions of 50+ people you don't know? that is what your uncle would be letting you do.
the idea is definately cool, but i don't want to see anyone to not think about the risk involved in an open call to meet.

Old 01-26-2006, 08:48 PM   #46
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

bar-a is a cool place, but it isn't a very family friendly place for the most part. with all our meets, especially one that would involve a trip to the beach, we need to try to keep it friendly to all ages.

Old 01-26-2006, 08:57 PM   #47
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
bar-a is a cool place, but it isn't a very family friendly place for the most part. with all our meets, especially one that would involve a trip to the beach, we need to try to keep it friendly to all ages.
Gotcha. When I think this place I don't often think family friendly.

Old 01-26-2006, 09:05 PM   #48
JW

I have an appointment to talk to the Commissioner of Wildwood about an event/car show or just some kinda spot available for such a meet for us. Tim or Justin if you have anything you want me to ask/add to the conversation with him let me, reply / AIM me.

JW

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > NJFBOA Forums > Club and Website Support