Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > NJFBOA Forums > Club and Website Support

Notices

Old 02-14-2010, 11:07 AM   #76
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
You know what they say about assumptions....
Your logic has no power on the awesomeness of BiGal...
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 09:19 PM   #77
BigAls87Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL8Jeff View Post
And your response is exactly why people laugh at this site. That's a typical pompous reponse. And 90 percent of the people here just want to curse, insult, attack each other and never show up to a meet anyway. How hard is it to communicate in a normal manner, get together to work on cars or discuss cars and not turn every thread into a crapfest? Drop the attitude and maybe we can bring in some real car people. Otherwise we might as well call this place the NJFBOA Romper Room.
BS to this whole paragraph.

JSFBOA, the people that cause so much ruckus on this site, do exactly that.
We work on each others cars
We hang out at least once a month
We talk cars constantly.
We make it to car meets, and not just central.

So, that's nonsense. People want to see what they want with this board. If they see a bunch of clowns, then let me be the first to put on the big red nose.
We have a great mix of tech knowlage as well as true friendship. Maybe people need to grow a spine, or take more then just a passing glance at what this site really has to offer.
If people come here one time, or head it from a guy that knows a guy, and think this site is bogus? And you are gunna focus on the small handful of them, over the people that enjoy this site, then thats a bit stupid.
The people that stick around this site, love it.
People that are anti-social or have some other disorder, then I really dont care if they stay or not. Thats the way I look at it.
But I dont run the site.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:27 PM   #78
BonzoHansen
Admin.

More assumptions.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 09:33 PM   #79
BigAls87Z28

Then so be it. Im here because of the friendships, and have been since before day 1.
People want to laugh at this site, I take it damn near personally. As a guy that has been on some sort of NJ based fbody site since I was 17 years old (am 26 now) I think we have a good thing going.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:35 PM   #80
transmaro93

i agree with AL... but i can understand how some of the off topic posts may look to other, but that's why the jsfboa has our own section now so we keep it in there... or try to at least... when you guys are talking about people laughing at the site are you talking about those looser 40 year old street racers that cant find anything better to do on a sat night but harass 18 year olds?? because if so whats their worth anyway?? if not i don't know who you are talking about then. I just know those guys make fun of all the rules.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:48 PM   #81
LTb1ow

Quote:
Originally Posted by transmaro93 View Post
i agree with AL... but i can understand how some of the off topic posts may look to other, but that's why the jsfboa has our own section now so we keep it in there... or try to at least... when you guys are talking about people laughing at the site are you talking about those looser 40 year old street racers that cant find anything better to do on a sat night but harass 18 year olds?? because if so whats their worth anyway?? if not i don't know who you are talking about then. I just know those guys make fun of all the rules.
Nah he is referring to older guys with restored or in the process of restoring older cars. People that don't wanna deal with the nonsense etc of younger kids. Its all very simple, and for what started as a simple ass action this seems way way out of proportion.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:03 PM   #82
BigAls87Z28

Im not even talking about turning this place into a romper room, either.
People who want to restore thier cars can come here, but like Bill said,they are here and gone. What is NJFBOA gunna do to keep these guys here?
Old 02-14-2010, 10:03 PM   #83
LTb1ow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
People who want to restore thier cars can come here, but like Bill said,they are here and gone. What is NJFBOA gunna do to keep these guys here?
Chill the F out with the drama and BS.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:08 PM   #84
BigAls87Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTs1ow View Post
Chill the F out with the drama and BS.
This is quoteable.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:10 PM   #85
LTb1ow

Quote:
This is quoteable.
I cause no drama, nor BS, just add to the mayhem.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:14 PM   #86
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
That is exactly what we are trying to figure out.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 10:28 PM   #87
BigAls87Z28

You cant, thats what Im trying to get at.
You also said that old people spend money on the site, but the two most active posters, the two that have caused problems and invade every thread, are both POWER members.
I understand that, on paper, old people want X, young people want Y.
But that so far is not what we have seen here. You target your demographic, and go after that segment.
On GMI, we offer a section for Ford, Chrysler, and other makes, but our focus on writings, editorials, and coverage is on GM.

Again, you dont have to cater to young assclowns, and I dont think this site does. If people want to laugh at this site because of our lack of a massive database for technical data, or because we are dry and straight forward, with no emotion site, then let them walk.

TGO is a good site for third gen info, but lots of people leave there for other boards because of the strictness. if you post a picture that has a non-third gen in it, they will delete it and possibly ban you.
Sites like SSU and the like are also useless because its just a bunch of people blabbering about nothing.
This site offers a bit of everything. We have people here with massive amounts of knowlage, stories, and we have groups of people that have became great friends just because of this site.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:31 PM   #88
LTb1ow

Quote:
You also said that old people spend money on the site, but the two most active posters, the two that have caused problems and invade every thread, are both POWER members.
But that so far is not what we have seen here. You target your demographic, and go after that segment.
On GMI, we offer a section for Ford, Chrysler, and other makes, but our focus on writings, editorials, and coverage is on GM.

Again, you dont have to cater to young assclowns, and I dont think this site does. If people want to laugh at this site because of our lack of a massive database for technical data, or because we are dry and straight forward, with no emotion site, then let them walk.

TGO is a good site for third gen info, but lots of people leave there for other boards because of the strictness. if you post a picture that has a non-third gen in it, they will delete it and possibly ban you.
Sites like SSU and the like are also useless because its just a bunch of people blabbering about nothing.
This site offers a bit of everything. We have people here with massive amounts of knowlage, stories, and we have groups of people that have became great friends just because of this site.

We should really get a prize for that no?

Al, I think you are overreacting, as is the rest of the people concerned over this new deal. It is just a small step towards getting the club to a new level, thats it. Now just pretend this is Brandon reacting to a gun ban in europe... just take some deep breaths and realize that the USA won't take away your guns.

Last edited by LTb1ow; 02-14-2010 at 10:32 PM.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:36 PM   #89
WildBillyT

Quote:

Our demographic is fans of the F-body platform. Why should we limit our reach? Our current demographic includes people who will not even be in the hobby in a few years. Why not try and get some diversity in here?
Old 02-14-2010, 10:58 PM   #90
BigAls87Z28

Im not saying that the direction of the site is wrong. I think there should be a bit more...class? with the site.

I guess I took offense to the "laughing" comment. It set me off, and trying to appease the people that find this place a joke, and possibly shutting out the people that have called this place "home" for 5 years now.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:59 PM   #91
LTb1ow

Quote:
Im not saying that the direction of the site is wrong. I think there should be a bit more...class? with the site.

I guess I took offense to the "laughing" comment. It set me off, and trying to appease the people that find this place a joke, and possibly shutting out the people that have called this place "home" for 5 years now.
Only shutting out if you let it. Don't cut off your nose to spite your face.
Old 02-14-2010, 11:05 PM   #92
BigAls87Z28

It could go either way. Some will adapt, and some will feel differently.
Old 02-14-2010, 11:47 PM   #93
Mike
BadMod

no one tried to appease anyone, all we did was make you log in to see the lounge, i dont see the problem...it must be easy to log in since people logged in to talk about it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:49 AM   #94
WildBillyT

Quote:

Al,

No doubt I was red faced and angry. However it was not a one time deal and they did make valid points for passing on this place each time. The recurring theme among the older muscle crowd is that it's WAY too kiddie here. That's not to say that it has to be all carburators and mortgage talk with no place to act a little stupid.

We are not doing this to appease anyone. We aren't that spineless. But we recognize valid points when we see them. I think that the people who have been here for 5 years are strong enough members to deal with a little change, since they have seen all of the growing pains the board has had, and the complete lack of representation (save for a few) of the first two generations, even though there are TONS of them running around NJ.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:02 AM   #95
JL8Jeff
Hippy Mod, Bergermeister Meisterberger, Moderator

Quote:
Al, I can't believe you still don't get it. People are not laughing because of the lack of knowledge or tech, but rather because of the constant immature and offensive posts like you keep making. Once again you are attacking other people. We don't want young assclowns but this type of attitude is what keeps attracting them. I've been to more meets than most people and majority on this site do not attend meets or even try to attend meets. The smaller group meets are not what we are referring too either, we do that on our own to try and stay active.

People need to act a little more mature and responsible and drop the attitude!

-
Old 02-15-2010, 12:08 PM   #96
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

but it takes away from a member's character and the diversity of the group. some of us act like idiots and its fun. some people are laid back and its cool. some people are stuck up and i'm not into it. its what makes people, people.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:32 PM   #97
JL8Jeff
Hippy Mod, Bergermeister Meisterberger, Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
but it takes away from a member's character and the diversity of the group. some of us act like idiots and its fun. some people are laid back and its cool. some people are stuck up and i'm not into it. its what makes people, people.
It's the immature cursing, attacks on people, the internet tough guy thing, the constant arguing and egging other people on, etc. is what we don't need. There is nothing wrong with joking around but you have to remember that not all members know each other and lots can't tell the joking from a personal attack if you don't add the smileys. People need to think before they push the "submit reply" button. And don't bother posting at all if you've been drinking, that's where some of the worst posts come from. Lots of them show up after midnight after people have had too much to drink.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:03 PM   #98
BigAls87Z28

I dont see kiddie posts outside of the lounge. Even the JSFBOA posts, while going all over the place, are usually contructive in their own right.
I honestly think if people judge this site by the handful of kiddish posts in the lounge, then maybe you guys need to rethink the lounge.
People are gunna have attitudes, and you cannot control that. You can ban them or shut them out, but Id say the more active members on this site are some of the more active members at meets.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:14 PM   #99
WildBillyT

Quote:
I dont see kiddie posts outside of the lounge. Even the JSFBOA posts, while going all over the place, are usually contructive in their own right.
I honestly think if people judge this site by the handful of kiddish posts in the lounge, then maybe you guys need to rethink the lounge.
People are gunna have attitudes, and you cannot control that. You can ban them or shut them out, but Id say the more active members on this site are some of the more active members at meets.
Hence why we are hiding the lounge unless you are logged in. The infraction system is supposed to be a way to control the unruliness without being so black and white about it (let it slide all the time vs. flat out banning).

And you do see useless posts outside of the lounge. That trans line post in the TR/DL section is sure headed that way.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:57 PM   #100
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

and we come full circle!!!! it all makes sense!

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > NJFBOA Forums > Club and Website Support