Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning

Notices

Old 11-02-2004, 09:23 AM   #51
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransAm4Life
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeakersGoBoom
CORRECTION: Shelly has a computer controlled carb, not a TBI.
Thats TBI man. Trust me its TBI, It had the same cast-iron cover on it like I used to have, just with more wires and tubes next to it.
Nah - all the q-jets on factory third gens were computer controlled. 84HO said he checked it out and it's an LG4.....H code in the vin.

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 10:27 AM   #52
84HOtransam
13 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru2Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TransAm4Life
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeakersGoBoom
CORRECTION: Shelly has a computer controlled carb, not a TBI.
Thats TBI man. Trust me its TBI, It had the same cast-iron cover on it like I used to have, just with more wires and tubes next to it.
Nah - all the q-jets on factory third gens were computer controlled. 84HO said he checked it out and it's an LG4.....H code in the vin.

- Justin
its definatly CC q-jet..and its definatly an LG4..i read the vin and took the air cleaner cover off..
84HOtransam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 11:18 AM   #53
jims69camaro

87 camaro: 350, th700-r4, unknown gears. the car was originally a 6 cylinder, and one of the previous owners swapped in the 350. no computer controls whatsoever. it's got a q-jet on it, but that quit a few years ago. i got started with a new edelbrock carb, performer rpm intake and got side-tracked thinking about getting more power under the hood. i could probably go charge the battery and crank it up, but i'm working on the fine print for the 406 sitting on the engine stand. just waiting on the cash to start buying parts for it.

69 camaro: 307, th400, 3.08:1 gears. not a tire-burner by any stretch of the imagination. it's a stock replacement motor, and i have still to go get the stock motor from the guys i bought the car from. they're hanging on to it for me, so when i am able (need a truck) i will head up there to get it. the guy i bought it form is a mechanic, and he buys semi-basket-cases and brings them back to life. the original 307 is old - just needs a rebuild to drop it back in. he said he put heads from a 327 on it, and it's got decent pep - probably run 15s in the quarter, but i haven't taken it to the track yet (coupla things needed to pass tech). i added a chrome air cleaner housing and lid, chrome side support bars, chrome valve covers, and i'm working on the head-liner.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
jims69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 10:07 PM   #54
misterjuice

88 IROC

305 TPI 5 speed.........stock I swear..........that silver thing is an Aux A/C unit

155,000+ miles on everything............

2008 G8 GT Ignition Orange - New Era OTR intake, PM-FL Axle Back, SuperChips Cortex Tune
misterjuice is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning