Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning

Notices

Old 10-22-2004, 06:04 PM   #1
DieselKickYoAss4Sure

wheelie fiero

progect make fiero do wheelies is soon to be underway. I plan to keep the 2.8 v6 in my fiero but get aluminum ported heads and intake, high lift cam, turbo, which i still need to find. i plan to make one fit from somthing else, headers which will increase my power sufficiently because the stock headers you couldnt blow through them they have so much restriction, injectors chip by prevo, phantom grip posi kit and stock flywheel because it needs the inertia to keep from bogging down off the line. i should be able to get 250 horse out of the motor with everything i plan to do to it hopefully. With the 140 horses it has at the moment it can get the nose pointing upward pretty well and since the car weighs next to nothing by todays standards i should be succesfull.

by spring the silverado should be done that already does wheelies with one tire the other one stays planted to the ground due to a massive amount torque pushing down on it if you can get all four tires in the back to actually hook
1995 Pontiac bonneville daily
DieselKickYoAss4Sure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 07:21 PM   #2
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

Re: wheelie fiero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselKickYoAss4Sure
progect make fiero do wheelies is soon to be underway. I plan to keep the 2.8 v6 in my fiero but get aluminum ported heads and intake, high lift cam, turbo, which i still need to find. i plan to make one fit from somthing else, headers which will increase my power sufficiently because the stock headers you couldnt blow through them they have so much restriction, injectors chip by prevo, phantom grip posi kit and stock flywheel because it needs the inertia to keep from bogging down off the line. i should be able to get 250 horse out of the motor with everything i plan to do to it hopefully. With the 140 horses it has at the moment it can get the nose pointing upward pretty well and since the car weighs next to nothing by todays standards i should be succesfull.

by spring the silverado should be done that already does wheelies with one tire the other one stays planted to the ground due to a massive amount torque pushing down on it if you can get all four tires in the back to actually hook
riight
foff667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 09:36 AM   #3
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

wheelies in an independant rear car can be tough.
do you have a limited slip in that thing?

later
tim

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 01:38 PM   #4
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Quote:
phantom grip posi kit
Looks like he plans on getting one.....

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 11:39 PM   #5
Tony Danza

Quote:
Originally Posted by foff667
Quote:

riight
sorry but,
Stock suspension and rear for now.
Daily driver- '04 Sub Forrester 2.5XT
Tony Danza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 09:26 AM   #6
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Heh - we've talked to Phil about his winter project, and we've decided to change the title to Project: make Fiero really fast

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 10:39 AM   #7
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru2Chevy
Heh - we've talked to Phil about his winter project, and we've decided to change the title to Project: make Fiero really fast

- Justin
he's not willing to take out the a/c yet you think hes gonna somehow make his car fast? i see this thing getting off the ground as quickly as my ls1 swap if that...since at least i have the motor
Old 10-25-2004, 03:22 PM   #8
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

Quote:
Quote:

- Justin
he's not willing to take out the a/c yet you think hes gonna somehow make his car fast? i see this thing getting off the ground as quickly as my ls1 swap if that...since at least i have the motor
is that the guy with the mega huge ricer spoiler making weight reduction comments?

later
tim

Old 10-25-2004, 04:52 PM   #9
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER
Quote:
Quote:

- Justin
is that the guy with the mega huge ricer spoiler making weight reduction comments?

later
tim
sorry, but I never said i wanted my front wheel drive 4 dr family car to pop wheelies
Old 10-28-2004, 07:36 PM   #10
DieselKickYoAss4Sure

Quote:
sorry, but I never said i wanted my front wheel drive 4 dr family car to pop wheelies
well you wouldnt have gotten that car if you didnt want to go fast, besides making my two door mid engine sports car go really fast seems to be a novel idea.
Old 10-28-2004, 08:27 PM   #11
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

Quote:
Quote:
well you wouldnt have gotten that car if you didnt want to go fast, besides making my two door mid engine sports car go really fast seems to be a novel idea.
as far as your idea to make your car fast i have no problem whatsoever with that...but as per our conversations and your opening title to this thread seem a little over the top & some not quite feasible at this time...as far as me buying the gtp had nothing to do with me "wanting to go fast" it had to do with i got a gtp for the price of a std 3.8 grand prix, but with rims and a few mods on it already, its a 4dr family car yet runs 14's...im pretty content at this point with it with no plans for modding it anytime soon.
Old 10-29-2004, 04:43 PM   #12
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

phil,
i have been doing some looking around on the web and it seems like it woudl be reasonable to get somewhere in teh neighborhood of 300hp to teh wheels with a turbo if you go wiht a methonal injection set up.
they are fairly inexpensive adn can easily be sized to suit your needs.
does your car have a MAF? not really that important, just makes a difference where you would have to put teh nozzle. the further upstream(closer to the turbo) you can get the nozzle the better the evaporative effect of the charge.
i also found that one of the key weaknesses in teh 2.8 is the head bolts. apparently gm undersized them a bit. i am look around to see if anyone offers a stud kit, but so far no success.
there is also a wide interchange of final drive gear ratios available from what i am seeing. since 75% or more of gm's transaxles use teh same output and final drive we can give your car a bit more gear with a good hunt in the junk yard.
still haven't found a wya to get a good wheel stand out of independant suspension, but at least we know the power potential is there.

later
tim

Old 10-30-2004, 01:02 PM   #13
EVIL90SS

hey *******...fast cars can have a/c, besides let phil do what he wants to try to do without talkin ****.

EVIL90SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 06:55 PM   #14
DieselKickYoAss4Sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER
phil,
i have been doing some looking around on the web and it seems like it woudl be reasonable to get somewhere in teh neighborhood of 300hp to teh wheels with a turbo if you go wiht a methonal injection set up.
they are fairly inexpensive adn can easily be sized to suit your needs.
does your car have a MAF? not really that important, just makes a difference where you would have to put teh nozzle. the further upstream(closer to the turbo) you can get the nozzle the better the evaporative effect of the charge.
i also found that one of the key weaknesses in teh 2.8 is the head bolts. apparently gm undersized them a bit. i am look around to see if anyone offers a stud kit, but so far no success.
there is also a wide interchange of final drive gear ratios available from what i am seeing. since 75% or more of gm's transaxles use teh same output and final drive we can give your car a bit more gear with a good hunt in the junk yard.
still haven't found a wya to get a good wheel stand out of independant suspension, but at least we know the power potential is there.

well 300 hp should get me a quarter mile time worth bragging about low thirteens i think high twelves i cant wait
Old 11-13-2004, 11:19 PM   #15
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVIL90SS
hey *******...fast cars can have a/c, besides let phil do what he wants to try to do without talkin ****.
wow, someone pull their panties up too hard this morning?
everyone knows that lighter is quicker, and phil also knows that we are just busting his stones. all in good fun. so take it down a few notches.

later
tim

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning