Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning

Notices

Old 12-04-2004, 09:09 PM   #1
V
Stalker

future LS1 swap in the works

As many people know, i'm planning on pulling my stock LS1 and doing a blown, bored, and stroked 6.0L.
Ok so thats my 2001 Camaro SS but now that i have the 94 firebird as well, i got to thinking. Since i have to put a new clip on the front of the bird anyway, i'm going to do the 98+ style front. And the other day i thought i might as well drop my old camaro ls1 in the bird when i dop the SS swap. I'd put one of the 3 th350 trannys i have behind it. I'd even swap my ss rear into the bird when i get the 9" rear.
Now, what i need to know is how different is the 2001 ls1 dash harness compared to the dash harness of a 94 v6 bird. I may just try to find full wiring from a 00+ bird and swap in the gauge cluster as well. I figure ill do the v8 ls1 swap since i'll have the engine and rear laying around anyway. I could get a painless wiring ls1 harness but i figure that a waste of money since i can probably find a stock used harness cheaper...for now i'll just pimp the 94 bird with the stock v6, no modding allowed, i'll sell that engien trans and rear to pay for some of that swap....
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 11:43 PM   #2
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

i would just get teh pin outs for each and adapt the existing wiring. you know how gm loves to wrap and hang it's wiring harnesses, it would be a huge PITA to take that all out and reinstall.
i would look for an LS1 gauge cluster so that the tach works correctly though.

later
tim

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 05:53 PM   #3
j0n

just find an ls1 guage cluster...it'll save you tons of headaches

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning