Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Restorations, Fabrication, Tool and Shop Tech

Notices

Old 01-14-2021, 05:29 PM   #1
V
Stalker

Anyone here build/design their garage?

Recently I've started work on trying to figure out a design/floorplan for a garage addition. I currently have a very basic 1 car attached garage that does not fit my needs. This build is probably going to start in early 2022 so no immediate rush but I want to take my time in planning it out as much as possible.

Existing garage is approx 13.5' wide(exterior) by 20' deep. I've gone through town zoning regulations and determined my max addition size. max lot building coverage is 25% of 10,000sq ft, so 2500. I'm currently at 1,995, so I'm looking at a 500sqft addition. The goal is a 14' wide add-on but also to go back deep enough to fit 2 cars, so the rear section will have to be narrower.

Has anyone designed/built their own garage and could offer any insights or tips? anything you did or didn't do that you would change had you known?
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 03:13 PM   #2
grazi

I designed and built a 14’x20’ bay onto my existing 24’x24’ garage this year. I maxed out my lot square footage also.
grazi is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Restorations, Fabrication, Tool and Shop Tech